Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which tropical storm/hurricane will be worse for Orlando?
Anna 0 0%
Bill 6 50.00%
Both 1 8.33%
Neither 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:19 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,415 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I have lived in the Orlando area now for a year. I watch the weather actively. But I am curious as to which Tropical Storm do you think will be an impact to the Orlando Area from your experience. I know that you all may not know cause it is WAY too early but I thought that this would be a fun thread.
T.S BILL:
http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200903_5day.gif (broken link)
T.S ANNA
http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200902_5day.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 05:44 PM

530 posts, read 2,624,624 times
I would have to agree that it's way too early to determine any effects either storm will have or the one that might form behind Bill. But honestly, having lived through several storms in New Orleans including Katrina, I would not consider anything about hurricanes "fun". Hopefully there won't be any storms that impact the US this year. BTW, I'm now living in CO because of Katrina!

Old 08-15-2009, 06:12 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Considering that all forecasts show Ana as not developing into a hurricane, Bill is the one to watch. Ana will bring us some wind and rain, but probably less violent than some of the recent thunderstorms.

The new wave off Africa as well as the wave down near the keys right now bear some watching, but nothing more than checking once a day to see what's developing, if anything.

I've got all of my supplies already except gas for my genny, I'll wait on that until it looks like we're going to actually get something more than a little wind and rain.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:07 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micktooth View Post
I would not consider anything about hurricanes "fun". !
Hi there Micktooth, I want to deeply appologize about using the word "fun", I certainly did not mean to use that word, I should have said interesting instead, sorry for not thinking about that first
I can not edit my post because beleive me I have tried but the rules say that once I post something after 90 min I can not edit the post. I will chose my words MORE WISELY next time, again I am sorry that you had to suffer from Katrina as well. Take care.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:11 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
I do hope there will be NO damage from either. However I do find watching hurricanes an amazing thing. The trees blowing, the rain blowing. Its an amazing force of nature.

I just hope we don't loose power. I wish they would make it a rule that you have to bury your power lines. They are buried here within the development but leading up to our development is where the problem is.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:34 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,035 times
its too early. those tracks are usually never correct. We wont know for sure where these storms are going for another good 4 days or so.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I do hope there will be NO damage from either. However I do find watching hurricanes an amazing thing. The trees blowing, the rain blowing. Its an amazing force of nature.

I just hope we don't loose power. I wish they would make it a rule that you have to bury your power lines. They are buried here within the development but leading up to our development is where the problem is.
same with my power lines. they need to bury ALL the power lines lol.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:54 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,499 times
We watch the Weather channel when storms are predicted to flow towards Florida. Our wine cabnet is kinda empty so we got go to get some more...We like to sit in our garage with it half open, unless the winds or direction prohibit it, and drink wine then watch the wind...... Don't forget your "FEMA GO BAGS" or more conmmonly known as "Emergency Evacuation Bags"..... Just in case you need to rush outta here the BAG will contain important papers and other important stuff like mortgae and insurance papers along with medications. A water supply should be stuffed in the family vehicle too. Think of it as going camping but include important documents too. Just don't wait for the last minute because it is a real mess going North...I will be here waiting for ya ta come back home if you go North........

Maybe all of the USA will miss the storm. But I will sure miss the wine party....HEY!
Gonna have one or two just because- - ....hahahahaha

Pool is ready in case of electric problems and we gots lots a soap and a scrubbing brush. The water behind our home is not too deep and at times a gator is spotted...Don't wanna jump in a gator's mouth or his head as we are trying to scrub ourselves clean....hahahahaha... hahahahaha

Last edited by Synergy1; 08-16-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 08-16-2009, 05:30 PM

872 posts, read 1,712,474 times
I would be very surprised if even one of these storms hit us. First off, Anna is going to hit Hispaniola and get shredded down to nothing. Bill will wind up being one thousand miles off to the northeast and head out towards Bermuda.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 PM

looks like were gonna miss both of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: