Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 5,249 times

Advertisements

I just want to say that just because a school is nationally accredited, it doesn't mean the school is bogus or a scam. Where the hell do you think all our paramedics go to school?? A nationally accredited school!!! National accreditation doesn't mean crap. All it means is that it's a career school. People go there when they don't have the time to Moderator cut: pg forum around with general education classes. It's a tech school, much like the schools that teach paramedics, LPNs, radiology technicians, cosmetologists, dental technicians, I seriously could go on and on.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 12-17-2010 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: please remember this is a PG forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 01:52 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
Full Sail will work you like a dog . They are expensive. and not everyone gets jobs in what they study. I'd query about placement and issues like that. Some of their programs exceed $100k so make sure you have the means to pay for it . They do have excellent real world experience and regularly have professional companies making use of their facilities and students. They have great connections. Good luck.

I heard UCF is getting some pretty stiff standards for admission with their demand so you need to be as close to a 4.0 as possible there...

Old 12-18-2010, 11:19 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,420,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm243 View Post
I just want to say that just because a school is nationally accredited, it doesn't mean the school is bogus or a scam. Where the hell do you think all our paramedics go to school?? A nationally accredited school!!! National accreditation doesn't mean crap. All it means is that it's a career school. People go there when they don't have the time to Moderator cut: pg forum around with general education classes. It's a tech school, much like the schools that teach paramedics, LPNs, radiology technicians, cosmetologists, dental technicians, I seriously could go on and on.

Good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Full Sail will work you like a dog . They are expensive. and not everyone gets jobs in what they study. I'd query about placement and issues like that. Some of their programs exceed $100k so make sure you have the means to pay for it . They do have excellent real world experience and regularly have professional companies making use of their facilities and students. They have great connections. Good luck.

I heard UCF is getting some pretty stiff standards for admission with their demand so you need to be as close to a 4.0 as possible there...

$100k? That's beyond crazy. Anyone who signs up and agrees to pay deserves what they get. It takes most people 30 years to pay mortgages, and that's like taking a second mortgage while not being guaranteed any way to pay back for it. That's absurd. $100k? Education in this country is becoming a big scam...

Old 12-20-2010, 06:58 PM

8 posts, read 28,599 times
i agree.. go to a Major University and learn the same stuff for cheaper tuition

Old 12-22-2010, 05:48 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,942,730 times
I know a guy who is in the recording industry and runs his own little studio. Is he making the big bucks no, but he does well for himself and has a nice life, house, children, wife, etc. He considered going to Full Sail but when he realized that he be almost $100k in the hole and have nothing but a diploma for a career field that's more about who you know, he got smart a came up with a plan. He went out and bought all of the same/similar equipment that they'd be teaching him on at Full Sail, then he approached an instructor or two from the college and offered to pay the double their hourly salary to privately tutor him in his own home. All in all, I think he spent around $50k for his education, "graduated" with his own equipment/studio, and you better believe that those teachers worked their connections much harder for him (due to what he was paying them) than the flood of "next somebodies" they get at Full Sail.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:12 PM

34 posts, read 66,816 times
Working in the industry, I've gotten emails and faxed resumes from people who attend Full Sail and most people I know don't really take Full Sail seriously.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,249 times
What about The New York Film Academy?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,248 times
im 17 yr old girl dont know how to read music notes or play an instrument. but i love music and want to become a music producer and was thinkin about attending to full sail. do you guys think this is a good idea? and what are things i can expect?

Old 06-05-2011, 06:01 AM

812 posts, read 1,674,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMC21 View Post
im 17 yr old girl dont know how to read music notes or play an instrument. but i love music and want to become a music producer and was thinkin about attending to full sail. do you guys think this is a good idea? and what are things i can expect?
I think you waited too long. Start by learning an instrument or two over the next couple of years while attending a community college, and if you get good at it (like end up in the college orchestra) then maybe music really is your thing. But if you can't play something, how can you produce anything?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:57 PM

640 posts, read 3,074,466 times
I would strongly suggest not attending Full Sail. My daughter has over 50k in loans for a degree she cannot get a job in. There just aren't enough jobs for the amount of people getting these degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando