Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 AM

2 posts, read 7,922 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are from North Wales, UK and have booked a house at High Grove, Clermont for 2 weeks in September. Does anyone have any experience of the High Grove estate and is there anything we should definately see/do whilst in Clermont?
Looking forward to some Florida sunshine!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
High Grove is right next to the sewage treatment plant. Have fun.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 AM

2 posts, read 7,922 times
Sounds great! Is it actually closer to Citrus Ridge, than Clermont?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:15 AM

It's right directly at the point where 192 meets 27.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,870 times
Smile Villas at Highgrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyJ View Post
Hi, we are from North Wales, UK and have booked a house at High Grove, Clermont for 2 weeks in September. Does anyone have any experience of the High Grove estate and is there anything we should definately see/do whilst in Clermont?
Looking forward to some Florida sunshine!!
Hi Harvey,
Don't listen to any negative feeds regarding Highgrove, my family & I have just returned from Orlando having stayed at Highgrove for 4 weeks. The Highgrove community is perfect for families. Highgroves is a gated community that means you need a pin number to open the gates. It is a very peaceful & clean community. There are enough shops/stores near by so you don't have to travel far.
If it was near a sewage plant then my family & I never noticed or smelt it.
Have a great time.

Nayan

Old 08-28-2009, 07:58 AM

You might not have smelled it, but there is no denying that it is there. If the prevailing winds are blowing from the south, you'll smell it, especially if you are staying in one of the villas on the south side of the subdivision. Additionally the upper southern facing windows of the homes along the southern side of the subdivision look right out at it. If I can smell it driving by on my way to Disney, then people staying in those homes can certainly smell it.

You might not have been affected by it, but I wouldn't want to risk having my vacation ruined because I couldn't use the pool due tot he stench.

And don't feel all that secure about the gates. Everyone who has stayed there, has been on a cleaning crew, a lawn crew, a repair person, or worked for any of the property management companies that work in there has the gate PIN. I've got the gate PIN to at least half a dozen local communties because people who live or were staying there gave them to me. There have been a number of bulgaries in that community, just like in many of the other short-term rental communities. I'm not saying they aren't overall safe--they are--but you still need to use some common sense and not let your guard down because of an appearance of safety that is jsut that--an appearance. Just like in a hotel room, you need to secure your valuables when you leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando