Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:19 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times

Advertisements

I'm stuck here. I don't know which route to take: make fun of Captain Kungpow for his anonymous defense of the folks of Avenue B and their precious statistical data, or laugh my Gluteus off at the notion that folks think I'm making fun of the people that live there?

Better idea...
I'm gonna try to ignore the ignorant responses and challenges to the views I've presented here before my wittle pea-sized brain gets squashed by some superior intellect. Afterall...I'm just an idiot from Oviedo who doesn't know how to use Google to determine every household's employment status before I wreck someone's life of sitting on the porch playing cards all day. What the hell was I thinking coming onto a forum and spreading the knowledge I've gained from living in a place for a couple decades?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 06:38 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
Beating around the bush? Uhm.....No! You're ALL confused.
But I'll just g'head and poo poo that.

Okay, let me see if I have this right, before I bail on this lameness-ness-ness.....You drive through a neighborhood and see people hanging out, and it automatically means that NONE of them work. DESPITE the fact that there are a lot of jobs that require people start work AFTER 1700 hrs.

And your only proof as to the employment status (and personal proclivities) of said residents, is what you observe during your daily trek through that neighborhood.

You haven't interviewed one resident, you haven't Googled the current unemployment rate among blacks in the town of Oviedo....Just driving through and looking makes you the expert. Got it.

Outstanding!

*shakes head*
"you haven't Googled the current unemployment rate among blacks in the town of Oviedo"

I actually have the stats for the unemployment rate among blacks in the city. total black population is 8.8%. total unemployed among the 8.8% is 6.9%. This information is on citi data. Not sure how accurate it is. Among the 8.8% is children who are still in school. Also, 100% of the black population does not live in the vicinity in question. also im not entirely sure if the unemployed percent is compared to the black population or against the oviedo unemployment rate or total population. The original poster can easily get the stats.
Also, I never said all the residents do not work and did not ask for anyone to follow along with my tune. I actually said i wasnt sure how many actually work. what is the oviedo unemploymet rate? less than 10%?

Last edited by CURT; 12-18-2009 at 07:07 AM..

Old 01-01-2010, 11:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,908 times
Actually...i live in J-hill....actually i hang in the streets with friends to tell the truth...i hear gun firing is happening....Drug-dealers....cops always in the area....but actually....people shouldnt say that it is a bad people neighborhood....actually...if you ACTUALLY hang or know some of the people who lives there....some might say im looking for a job or TRYING to get out of bad schools and go to good schools...i mean like im a guy who is looking for a job and getting my education AND I LIVE THERE...please.....i have my diploma.....my friend calvin says that he trying to hang with the POSITIVE people....and im positive....it is better if you say that some good people lives there....but i mean come on.....and if you want to chat with me....i mostly going walking alone (sometimes with a german sherpard mix dog) or riding some stupid purple bike...a negro with dreads....who always wear a wife beater....and i usually walk on the road that is called E Broadway St....so if you see me...just holler at me if you like.....im a nice person who wants to be a math teacher.....so yeah J-hill do have SOMETHINGS positive about it......and if you are against this....then you just a sad person....how can you know a place where you DONT live in it...you just see it....its BETTER to talk to a person who ACTUALLY LIVES THERE....so yeah.....i know its a bad neighborhood.....but it have some very nice people in there that dont do crimes......so yeah.....and i dont know about Washington hill (i think its called that) and the projects...cause I DONT LIVE THERE.....i LIVE in j-hill....so there you go...

Old 01-02-2010, 07:17 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,711,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPXPXPX View Post
Actually...i live in J-hill....actually i hang in the streets with friends to tell the truth...i hear gun firing is happening....Drug-dealers....cops always in the area....but actually....people shouldnt say that it is a bad people neighborhood....actually...if you ACTUALLY hang or know some of the people who lives there....some might say im looking for a job or TRYING to get out of bad schools and go to good schools...i mean like im a guy who is looking for a job and getting my education AND I LIVE THERE...please.....i have my diploma.....my friend calvin says that he trying to hang with the POSITIVE people....and im positive....it is better if you say that some good people lives there....but i mean come on.....and if you want to chat with me....i mostly going walking alone (sometimes with a german sherpard mix dog) or riding some stupid purple bike...a negro with dreads....who always wear a wife beater....and i usually walk on the road that is called E Broadway St....so if you see me...just holler at me if you like.....im a nice person who wants to be a math teacher.....so yeah J-hill do have SOMETHINGS positive about it......and if you are against this....then you just a sad person....how can you know a place where you DONT live in it...you just see it....its BETTER to talk to a person who ACTUALLY LIVES THERE....so yeah.....i know its a bad neighborhood.....but it have some very nice people in there that dont do crimes......so yeah.....and i dont know about Washington hill (i think its called that) and the projects...cause I DONT LIVE THERE.....i LIVE in j-hill....so there you go...
Hi! Thanks for plugging in here and giving us your viewpoint! For schools...didn't you go to Oviedo HS or Haggerty? Like the rest of the kids in Oviedo? They are supposed to be the 'better' schools in FL, so no 'bad' schools for you, right? (unless, you moved, of course...)

I am glad you are doing the positive thing...keep it up! Get out and do some volunteer work while you are at it...looks good on resumes and college apps (which you can always attend part time while you are working) Never give up the dream! How about volunteer coaching (if that is your thing) over at the aquatic center? You could walk/ ride your bike over there. There seems to be plenty of opportunities for volunteerism here in Oviedo...it would definitely keep you on the positive side of life! By the way, I got my college degree by working full time and going to school nights...it can be done!

Glad to hear from you! Thanks for adding to the conversation!!!

Old 12-14-2022, 08:54 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistagirl2 View Post
Rap music

Lol I’m from here lol
I'm curious why you would create a new userid to comment on a 13 year old thread that you started?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando