Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:56 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I actually used to live near 192 and 27 from 2006-2007 so yes I HAVE lived off 27! Now you're making assumptions based on nothing! Good job! I hated every moment of it. Everything was in Orlando and it was all so far away, the area is also very rural and transient whereas Orlando is an established city

I say its a fact because most people would agree with me Orange County is better then teh 4 corners area. But in reality its just my opinion

Would it have made u feel better if I said opinion as compared to fact?
Are you really naive enough to think that all of Route 27 is contained within the four corners area?

Many people who live off of 27 would completely disagree that Orange County is better. You can keep your Pine Hills, Parramore, and Millennia areas, your congestion, corruption, and haters. The majority of the people that I know who live off of 27 do so not because they can't afford to live elsewhere, but rather because they enjoy the exurb lifestyle and beautiful rolling hills instead of flat SWAMPLAND.

And yes, opinions are just that--opinions. They are not "FACT."

By the way, there is plenty of real estate off route 27 that is neither rural nor transient. Out of 10 houses on my street, only two have changed ownership/residents in the past five years. Does that sounds "transient" to you?

Last edited by annerk; 12-30-2009 at 07:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 11:29 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Are you really naive enough to think that all of Route 27 is contained within the four corners area?

Many people who live off of 27 would completely disagree that Orange County is better. You can keep your Pine Hills, Parramore, and Millennia areas, your congestion, corruption, and haters. The majority of the people that I know who live off of 27 do so not because they can't afford to live elsewhere, but rather because they enjoy the exurb lifestyle and beautiful rolling hills instead of flat SWAMPLAND.

And yes, opinions are just that--opinions. They are not "FACT."

By the way, there is plenty of real estate off route 27 that is neither rural nor transient. Out of 10 houses on my street, only two have changed ownership/residents in the past five years. Does that sounds "transient" to you?
Now I will say that I like the area of 27 near 50. I do like the beautiful rolling hills. It reminds me of my native Connecticut But that is not exclusive to Lake County. We have a lot of them in West Orange County. I live in southern Orange County where its mostly flat.

I have friends who live near Apopka and in particular on Beggs Road driving there is a real pleasure/ Its goes up and down and winds around bends, very nice and different for driving in Orange County. I have to drive though Pine Hills to get to their neighborhoods as well, Pine Hills lives up to the the "Hills" part of the name, it amkes driving through there a little better.

Many areas of Ocoee, Winter Garden, Windermere, Dr Phillips, and Apopka have beautiful rolling hills as well

Orange County is not all swampland

I'd still rather live in Orlando though. OPINION

Old 12-31-2009, 07:56 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Many areas of Ocoee, Winter Garden, Windermere, Dr Phillips, and Apopka have beautiful rolling hills as well
You're joking, right? Rolling hills in Dr. Phillips and Windermere? Rises in elevation, maybe. But Rolling hills? Hardly.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:58 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
When it comes to the inability to "make friends" it is usually the fault of the complainer and nobody else. If you have a crummy attitude, nobody wants to have anything to do with you.

Soo true ...... excellent post

Old 12-31-2009, 09:04 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Gee thanks Rock. The truth is the truth.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Soo true ...... excellent post

Old 12-31-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You're joking, right? Rolling hills in Dr. Phillips and Windermere? Rises in elevation, maybe. But Rolling hills? Hardly.
it is your main objective to just rebuke everything I say isn't it?

Yes there are rolling hills in Windermere. Next time you take a drive up Apopka-Vineland Road near the Isleworth Publix you'll see what I'm talking about. There are rolling hills there between Sand Lake Road all the way up to Apopka believe it or not

They may not be as big as the rolling hills in Clermont because in Orange County is where the rolling hills start. The closer you get to Lake County, the bigger they are, my father used to work in Clermont BTW in like 1999

Im done on this thread as it as gotten off topic

Old 12-31-2009, 09:59 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Rebuke everything that does not fix their preconceived notions, yes.

Quote:
it is your main objective to just rebuke everything I say isn't it?

Yes there are rolling hills in Windermere. Next time you take a drive up Apopka-Vineland Road near the Isleworth Publix you'll see what I'm talking about. There are rolling hills there between Sand Lake Road all the way up to Apopka believe it or not

They may not be as big as the rolling hills in Clermont because in Orange County is where the rolling hills start. The closer you get to Lake County, the bigger they are, my father used to work in Clermont BTW in like 1999

Im done on this thread as it as gotten off topic

Old 12-31-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Rebuke everything that does not fix their preconceived notions, yes.
annerk and I obviously dont see eye to eye. this is america and she is entitled to whatever opinion she wants to have and i respect that. this is an online forum and thats what its for. people like us to come on and discuss our opinion on several issues

and to annerk I hope you dont think I have anything personal against you. I dont. This is just healthy debate

Old 07-18-2010, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,007 times
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I take offense to the person who said living in Cleveland is worse than Orlando. I grew up in Cleveland, lived in a suburb there for 30 years then lived in a Detroit suburb for 10 years before HAVING to move to Orlando for work. I used to fly to Orlando once a month for business (6 day stay) and then back to Detroit. My employer basically made me move to Orlando, and I did reluctantly. I have to say I absolutely despise it. Higher average crime than either of those "big" cities. Weather conditions are one thing (I have always disliked high humidity and the afternoon thunderstorms) but I can't stand the people and the high crime rate. There are so many people of unsavory character living in the area and many are immigrants who I would have to say are not here legally. Many people in that category are responsible for the high crime since many do not have jobs, only hopes of obtaining one, but still have an "entitlement attitude". I know I will receive criticism for that comment, but I have to live with this crap. If you park your base model 1993 Honda Civic at the mall chances are it will be stolen within 10 minutes after you are out of sight. Why you might ask? Because there are low life’s living in this city that feel they don't have to work hard for obtaining material possessions. Call it prejudice or "racism" that so many of you under educated idiots will declare, but the Orlando crime statistics speak for themselves. Secure the borders. Please![/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 07-18-2010, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,007 times
First of all Disney IS NOT ORLANDO. It is Lake Buena Vista. Disney is complete fiction to what life is like in a city. Separate the two! There are too many Disney freaks that live here expecting Orlando to be something it never will be. I moved to Orlando from Detroit and absolutely hate it! It is a death sentence. I will take snow and cloudy skies over this place in a heartbeat--don't care much for humidity and thunderstorms and the beach get old real quick. People here are scum and have such an "entitlement" attitude since most are illegals. Too many thugs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando