Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 03:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times

Advertisements

No Mikapoo didn't get told what she wanted to hear. Annerk was telling the truth. A CNA makes around $8 to$9 an hour and there are many looking for work here.

Another example of "you can't tell people what they don't want to hear".

The first post said it all, a lack of planning and vision that living in FL is going to be like a permanent vacation.

Two months rent and moving expenses saved up....LOL... and your moving with kids and no jobs lined up? Insane.

Sorry, your pockets are empty. Unless you have year's worth of savings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
No Mikapoo didn't get told what she wanted to hear. Annerk was telling the truth. A CNA makes around $8 to$9 an hour and there are many looking for work here.

The first post said it all, a lack of planning and vision that living in FL is going to be like a permanent vacation.

Two months rent and moving expenses saved up....LOL... and your moving with kids and no jobs lined up? Insane.

you obvsly didnt read her posts. she said she is not going to be working as a CNA, she is a stay at home mom. and she also said she is not going to move without her husband having a job here.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaPoo View Post
Well, we aren't rich, but our pockets aren't empty....We've figured it that we would have our deposit, 2 months rent, plane tickets, Uhaul expenses, etc covered. The moving expenses are covered, just waiting on the job...

I do have to say, I think all of you have said that hospitality jobs are almost extinct, but after looking at random employment online, Pizza Hut is hiring for managers at about 8 different locations surrounding Orlando, and the pay is enough to live off for now. My Husband applied but got a response saying something about not being able to relocate him and to contact them once we are living there....

There are jobs for those qualified, in all fields.
Why would Pizza Hut pay for reloaction for a $9 an hour job? They have plenty of local people out of work with experience.

Other than a terminal illness I can't think of much worse situation than putting yourself and even more so your children in financial chaos because you don't like cold weather and our bored.

Your not going to be running around to Disney and Universal when you can't pay the rent. Even if your husband did get a $9 an hour job your not going to have money for entertainment.

Sorry, I have read through your posts and you do have a "warped" view of what life is really going to be like.

It isn't running to theme parks everyday.

2 months living expenses, do you know how quickly 2 months go by?

We lived in CA for many years, and it was the same thing, people think you go to the beach and see movies stars all day. Many relatives would come visit and enjoy all the fun stuff, while we were at work....LOL.

And of course want to move there. Just like FL.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:47 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
If you only want to hear what you want to hear, posting in a public forum is not the way to get your answers.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:48 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
you obvsly didnt read her posts. she said she is not going to be working as a CNA, she is a stay at home mom. and she also said she is not going to move without her husband having a job here.
She'll probably need to work, because there's no way her husbands going to support them on what a cook makes in this area.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:50 PM

37 posts, read 63,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
How are hospitality jobs going extinct? Hilton just opened/are opening 3 brand new, massive hotels in Orlando in 2009. One near Universal, and it's huge, one right next to Disney on Bonnet Creek, and it is the largest Hilton in the world, and lastly they just opened a Waldorf Astoria luxury resort right next to that Hilton! Four Seasons is also being built as we speak. I'd say the industry still has faith in Orlando tourism, even though it is slow at the moment.

I'm not sure, but everyone has said restaurant/hospitality jobs are in such high demand there really aren't any available...

Maybe they just dont want anyone moving to their state

I will say that my Uncle is a chef, they have lived their for at least 6 years now and they are looking to relocate back to Va because he is having so much trouble finding a job...Though I don't know their exact situation as far as past jobs and experience...

Old 09-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post

I read her posts, she has one child and has another one on the way, she was a CNA. Now she stays home.

And they have two months living expenses.

Even if he got a cook's job for $9 an hour, how do you live on that?

A single person would have a tough time.

People are free to do what they want, however I find it disturbing when children our involved. And people make bad choices.

Someone who thinks two months living expenses is a lot of money isn't very worldly.

And those are the ones who run into trouble.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:

Im thinking maybe you need to get off the computer and go to school, your reading comprehension is terrible

Old 09-28-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Why would Pizza Hut pay for reloaction for a $9 an hour job? They have plenty of local people out of work with experience.

Other than a terminal illness I can't think of much worse situation than putting yourself and even more so your children in financial chaos because you don't like cold weather and our bored.

Your not going to be running around to Disney and Universal when you can't pay the rent. Even if your husband did get a $9 an hour job your not going to have money for entertainment.

Sorry, I have read through your posts and you do have a "warped" view of what life is really going to be like.

It isn't running to theme parks everyday.

2 months living expenses, do you know how quickly 2 months go by?

We lived in CA for many years, and it was the same thing, people think you go to the beach and see movies stars all day. Many relatives would come visit and enjoy all the fun stuff, while we were at work....LOL.

And of course want to move there. Just like FL.

You really think they pay their managers $9/ hour....You are a very miserable person dear...

And I said as of now we have 2 months rent and the rest to cover the plane tickets and such....We aren't moving tomorrow...do you think we would have no income for the next 5 months?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I read her posts, she has one child and has another one on the way, she was a CNA. Now she stays home.

And they have two months living expenses.

Even if he got a cook's job for $9 an hour, how do you live on that?

A single person would have a tough time.

People are free to do what they want, however I find it disturbing when children our involved. And people make bad choices.

Someone who thinks two months living expenses is a lot of money isn't very worldly.

And those are the ones who run into trouble.

Again, as of now we have 2 months of expenses paid...Add another 5 months of income, we will have at least a half a year covered...With my husband working right away since we wont move without him having a job, we would be more than covered....Obviously you lack math skills as well as reading comprehension
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando