Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 05:02 PM

37 posts, read 63,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
If you only want to hear what you want to hear, posting in a public forum is not the way to get your answers.

I only want to hear what I asked. Your throwing in your own miserable experiences just because you obviously have nothing better to do.

And for all of your information, my Husband is not just a cook. He has been a manager for years before taking a supervisor position in a Hospital kitchen...

Its just easier for me to say "cook". I didnt realize you all needed my exact information before throwing in whatever nonsense you feel is necesary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why would Pizza Hut pay for reloaction for a $9 an hour job? They have plenty of local people out of work with experience.

Other than a terminal illness I can't think of much worse situation than putting yourself and even more so your children in financial chaos because you don't like cold weather and our bored.

Your not going to be running around to Disney and Universal when you can't pay the rent. Even if your husband did get a $9 an hour job your not going to have money for entertainment.

Sorry, I have read through your posts and you do have a "warped" view of what life is really going to be like.

It isn't running to theme parks everyday.

2 months living expenses, do you know how quickly 2 months go by?

We lived in CA for many years, and it was the same thing, people think you go to the beach and see movies stars all day. Many relatives would come visit and enjoy all the fun stuff, while we were at work....LOL.

And of course want to move there. Just like FL.

Oh, btw...How many times do I need to say this isn't about moving around theme parks? I never said this had ANYTHING to do with a theme park...Again, your reading comprehension is TERRIBLE!

17,815 posts, read 25,515,825 times
Your back pedaling.

"We've figured it that we would have our deposit, 2 months rent, plane tickets, Uhaul expenses, etc covered. The moving expenses are covered, just waiting on the job..."

Your words not mine.

And yes,you better check out salaries here, especially in the service industry.

$9 an hour for a manager in a place like Pizza Hut is about right, I can't even believe someone would think they would pay for relocation costs....LOL.

Your free to do whatever you want, but don't come on here and post and not expect to get different viewpoints.

You got nasty with Annerk because you were told things you didn't want to hear.

That is the bottom line.

4,194 posts, read 11,646,019 times
Quote:
I read her posts, she has one child and has another one on the way, she was a CNA. Now she stays home.

And they have two months living expenses.

Even if he got a cook's job for $9 an hour, how do you live on that?

A single person would have a tough time.

People are free to do what they want, however I find it disturbing when children our involved. And people make bad choices.

Someone who thinks two months living expenses is a lot of money isn't very worldly.

And those are the ones who run into trouble.

My neighbor is a head chef at hard rock cafe and he makes PLENTY. His wife works part time... (so she obviously doesn't make much). Yet they live in a nice large 5 bedroom house with a movie theater room, and they seem to support them selves fine and they have 2 kids. I know he sure as hell does not make 9 bucks an hour.

You don't know what type of chef this women's husband is. and its none of your business what they decide to do, if they think they can do it and still support them selves then they can do it. its not impossible to live in Orlando. The OP just wants some tips on good locations and schools. not all this BS about if she will be able to support her family here or not.

Last edited by GLS2010; 09-28-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Your back pedaling.

"We've figured it that we would have our deposit, 2 months rent, plane tickets, Uhaul expenses, etc covered. The moving expenses are covered, just waiting on the job..."

Your words not mine.

And yes,you better check out salaries here, especially in the service industry.

$9 an hour for a manager in a place like Pizza Hut is about right, I can't even believe someone would think they would pay for relocation costs....LOL.

Your free to do whatever you want, but don't come on here and post and not expect to get different viewpoints.

You got nasty with Annerk because you were told things you didn't want to hear.

That is the bottom line.
I'm not backpedaling....I said what we have covered, as of now...Enough to get there and survive until he gets a first check....But, we still have an income until we move, so that only adds to our funds. No backpedaling.

I never said anything about expecting anyone to pay to relocate us. When any company relocates someone, they will pay for it....And if Pizza Hut were to hire him before he moved there, it would technically be considered relocating him....Not anything we would expect or assume.

And I expect grown adults to read something, and answer the questions being asked. Not throw in whatever they feel necesary. Obviously this is a public forum and not everyone will get their perfect little answers, but I do however expect an actual answer to my questions.

And I didnt get nasty....I told the truth.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:19 PM

765 posts, read 2,628,500 times
As far as the schools are concerned, you really can't go wrong with Seminole County. Please also keep in mind that the schools in Florida are districted by county rather than city; like they are in New York and many other northern states.

Oviedo, Winter Springs, Lake Mary, and parts of Longwood and Casselberry are all nice areas.

I hope this helps and good luck with your move.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Ok, my neighbor is a head chef at hard rock cafe and he makes PLENTY. His wife works part time... (so she obviously doesn't make much). Yet they live in a nice large 5 bedroom house with a movie theater room, and they seem to support them selves fine and they have 2 kids. I know he sure as hell does not make 9 bucks an hour.

You don't know what type of chef this women's husband is. and its none of your business what they decide to do, if they think they can do it and still support them selves then they can do it. its not impossible to live in Orlando. The OP just wants some tips on good locations and schools. not all this BS about if she will be able to support her family here or not.

I appreciate your responses....I expect their responses though, looking thru any posts about moving to Fl you will see them doing the same....

But thank you for actually being able to read and understand...lol

Old 09-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Your neighhor also wouldn't be looking at Pizza Huts to work in.

Relax yourself.....LOL

Had the poster come on here and said we are moving to Orlando due to my husband's transfer with Disney Corparate and our home is for sale on Long Island, she wouldn't have gotten any responses questioning how smart her move is.

They have one young child, another on the way, not much in savings and the husband is looking service industry jobs in a state that is known for low salaries.

She can do whatever she wants, but I can count on both hands the number of people who have done the same thing and ended up in a bind.

We have had two guys come out from Brighhouse(contract workers making $10 an hour) on two seperate occasions, both left better paying jobs and our struggling down here.

Both did it to get out of the cold.

I don't really care, but when you have kids you have to plan better than this.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
As far as the schools are concerned, you really can't go wrong with Seminole County. Please also keep in mind that the schools in Florida are districted by county rather than city; like they are in New York and many other northern states.

Oviedo, Winter Springs, Lake Mary, and parts of Longwood and Casselberry are all nice areas.

I hope this helps and good luck with your move.

Very good to know...I had looked into Endeveour Elementary, I think that is the name, and I heard bad things...so I will look into these...

Thank you for actually responding to my question

Old 09-28-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaPoo View Post
I'm not backpedaling....I said what we have covered, as of now...Enough to get there and survive until he gets a first check....But, we still have an income until we move, so that only adds to our funds. No backpedaling.

I never said anything about expecting anyone to pay to relocate us. When any company relocates someone, they will pay for it....And if Pizza Hut were to hire him before he moved there, it would technically be considered relocating him....Not anything we would expect or assume.

And I expect grown adults to read something, and answer the questions being asked. Not throw in whatever they feel necesary. Obviously this is a public forum and not everyone will get their perfect little answers, but I do however expect an actual answer to my questions.

And I didnt get nasty....I told the truth.
"Pizza Hut is hiring for managers at about 8 different locations surrounding Orlando, and the pay is enough to live off for now. My Husband applied but got a response saying something about not being able to relocate him and to contact them once we are living there...."

You obviously asked about relocation expenses.

Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with my reading.

But you contradict yourself.

Anyway good luck to you whatever you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando