U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 9,276 times

Advertisements

We are currently living in Northern Ky. We have 3 kids. We want to rent a house in a nice neighborhood close to schools and shopping. We can only pay $600-$700 in rent. I've searched the local Fla. newspapers and can't seem to find a cheap house to rent. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 03:16 PM

266 posts, read 1,100,506 times
Check the 32792 area code. Used to live there - I remember quite a few rental properties - not sure of the price.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:30 PM

30 posts, read 121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshorna View Post
We are currently living in Northern Ky. We have 3 kids. We want to rent a house in a nice neighborhood close to schools and shopping. We can only pay $600-$700 in rent. I've searched the local Fla. newspapers and can't seem to find a cheap house to rent. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Um, from what I've seen, a 3 bedroom is going to run you $1,000-1,300.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:39 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,045,918 times
Try Craigslist.com I just looked and there was a few houses in your price range but I must warn you that it is going to be REALLY hard finding something nice and or safe in that price range. Also look in the classifieds for the OrlandoSentinel.com. Good luck!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:12 PM

13,495 posts, read 35,584,526 times
Hopefully you'll luck out and find a bargain. From the searches I've done for 1/1 apartments, they start at 600 and of course go much higher.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:11 AM

95 posts, read 417,660 times
You will not find a 3 bedroom rental in Orlando for that amount. Period. I hate to discourage you but that is the simple truth. There are subsidized apartments (they have income restrictions) which will get you a three bedroom in the $900 range. The web site for the apartments I mention is www.ced-concord.com (broken link). I would live in one of their properties only as a last resort. Some of them are quite nice but the management has a bad reputation in resident relations and you will never get your deposit returned to you.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:42 PM

631 posts, read 2,323,274 times
I agree with the above poster. Even in the "rough" areas you won't find a 3 bedroom home for less than $1000 a month.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 4,441 times
Hello I live in independence KY and we are moving to Fl also we two have three children and looking for a nice home in Fort Lauderdale,FL if you find out anything please let me know :-) thank you

Old 02-11-2009, 11:51 AM

986 posts, read 3,352,100 times
You could find a 3 bed condo in a nice area for around $1050, but it wont be close to any good schools. I hate to say it and have done so in the past, but you do need to be realistic in your budget. For a 3 bed house in a good neighbourhood which will offer good shopping and great schools you need to be looking to spend over $1000 at a minimum.

Even on craigslist where you can find good deals through private landlords you wont find a property that meets your requirements for that price. Keep in mind if you do find one, make sure you research it well because just like everything else in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Good luck

Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 PM

19 posts, read 78,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshorna View Post
Not only do I think that that price range will not net you a 3 bedroom, I believe that if it could, it wouldn't be safe or very nice. You really have to focus on market differences between two cities in different areas of the country. There are very few homes in this area in that range and the ones that are, well, make me concerned for your kids or your safety.

You may have to squeeeeeeze into a 2 bedroom or up the price range. So the real question is, why the low rent budget ? If it's pay related, maybe there is some local assistance funding to help you out. You have to also consider the fact that a lot of landlords use signage to advertise and do not even use the internet, and cant afford to run it in the paper for weeks on end. So you my need to drive around and take a looky. I know, I know, that's probably not what you want to do, or what you may be able to do, but, it may just be the best answer. Just tryin to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando