Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:22 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
See what 90 degree temps in October do to people?

Yeah I know right....last week we had a day that hit 99 here in Mississippi. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 12:33 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
What? Inflamatory. You are joking right? How is that inflamatory?! I am the one who WANTS to go to Orlando. My friend is the one who called it a ghetto....I wanted some people's opinions who live or have lived there. How is that inflamatory?
The choice of words was inflammatory. Tell your friend to stay away, we don't need haters here.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:34 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,329 times
Quote:
Yeah I know right....last week we had a day that hit 99 here in Mississippi. Ugh.
Ouch, people in Orlando seem real touchy for some reason, must be the weather.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:36 PM

388 posts, read 856,036 times
We just want to know about it there! We just keep hearing conflicting stories and would like to know from the people who live there first hand! I'd love to live down there especially if there is work. We have been down there several times and absolutely loved it down there!! We were thinking of the Kissimmee area to set up camp at! So any information would be GREATLY appreciated! Many thanks!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:47 PM

Kissimmee is generally not a desirable area, with a very few exceptions.

Parts of the greater Orlando area are absolutely gorgeous, upscale, homes starting in the seven figures. Other parts are terrible with run down housing and a lot of crime.

But to indicate that the entire area is one big ghetto is something many of us find very offensive, as it's blatantly untrue.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:50 PM

986 posts, read 3,550,158 times
The OP didnt use inflamatory language. They merely said a friend had told them this and were looking for input from others as to their opinions. My goodness, it seems people are so touchy and just looking for an excure to have an argument. Calm down.

In respect of what your friend had said, i would recommend doing your own research because what he/she said is completely false. Like every town here in the US and worldwide, Orland has great areas, and rough areas. Every town has employment issues and Orlando is no exception particularly as it is heavily reliant on tourist traffic.

Given you mentioned you havent noticed what your friend said i would suggest taking a look around or speaking with a realtor who can help you narrow down which area and price range may be good for you based on when you get employment here.

As a side note, dont let the people who take things way to seriously put you off the area.

Good luck

Old 10-04-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfIfan View Post
The OP didnt use inflamatory language. They merely said a friend had told them this and were looking for input from others as to their opinions. My goodness, it seems people are so touchy and just looking for an excure to have an argument. Calm down.

In respect of what your friend had said, i would recommend doing your own research because what he/she said is completely false. Like every town here in the US and worldwide, Orland has great areas, and rough areas. Every town has employment issues and Orlando is no exception particularly as it is heavily reliant on tourist traffic.

Given you mentioned you havent noticed what your friend said i would suggest taking a look around or speaking with a realtor who can help you narrow down which area and price range may be good for you based on when you get employment here.

As a side note, dont let the people who take things way to seriously put you off the area.

Good luck

Thanks. I appreciate the support. I fell in love with Orlando the first time I went there. I love all the attractions and there's so many different types of people. It seemed a lot cleaner and well kept than the cities I've lived in. I just don't know how to go about finding a decent rental when I don't know the area very well. Let me ask you all this....

Are there any particular apartment complexes that are considered really bad neighborhoods? How about areas? They all look so nice a pretty when you look them up online. I found a few I was interested in. But like I said, I have no clue one neighborhood from the next.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate the support. I fell in love with Orlando the first time I went there. I love all the attractions and there's so many different types of people. It seemed a lot cleaner and well kept than the cities I've lived in. I just don't know how to go about finding a decent rental when I don't know the area very well. Let me ask you all this....

Are there any particular apartment complexes that are considered really bad neighborhoods? How about areas? They all look so nice a pretty when you look them up online. I found a few I was interested in. But like I said, I have no clue one neighborhood from the next.
There's no sense trying to locate housing until you know where your employment will be located, as this area is very spread out--unless you want an hour plus commute each way.

Where you live will also depend on your budget.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
There's no sense trying to locate housing until you know where your employment will be located, as this area is very spread out--unless you want an hour plus commute each way.

Where you live will also depend on your budget.

Yeah I know all this....I'm trying to figure it all out. I've never had to move like this before. But hey other people do it every day. One day at time.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,148,439 times
I do not know what your definition of ghetto is, but Orlando is definitely not all ghetto. There are several nice areas spread out throughout the metro area including quite a few nice areas inside the city limits. Just go to realtor.com and look at the homes listing. Look at some of the nice stores, chains, restaurants, entertainment outlets, etc in the area. It is a beautiful area with a ton of nice neighborhoods and it does also have its "ghetto" areas as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando