Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 09:55 AM

6 posts, read 12,789 times

Advertisements

Hi. This is my first time posting, but I have been a frequent reader of these forums and have found them to be very beneficial.

My family will be moving to the Orlando metro area at the end of this year. Specifically, I have a job offer in Osceola County. We have family in the area and are looking forward to relocating. I have several questions that I hope folks can answer.

First, we are looking at apartments and houses for rent. Is anyone familiar with the Wellington Woods apartment complex? I've heard good things about it.

Houses in Poinciana seem to rent for less, but judging by some of the posts I have read the schools may not be as good and I may want to look elsewhere.

Lastly, I read on one post that Seminole County was rated as having some of the better public schools in the area. What type of drive would I have from Sanford or Winter Springs to Kissimmee?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM

229 posts, read 778,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBob View Post
What type of drive would I have from Sanford or Winter Springs to Kissimmee?

Thanks.
Depending on the route it will be LONG and crappy and/or full of tolls.

Either I4 from Sanford (no tolls) or 417 from Winter Springs (tolls) At least an hour long each way. If you are travelling at peak times, obviously more.

I would NEVER consider it unless the pay at the new job was REALLY, REALLY good.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:20 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
If I were going to work in Osceola County but wanted a good area in Orlando with good schools, low crime, etc. I would pick Lake Nona or Dr Phillips. Celebration is a good option but the schools are not as great.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:35 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,164 times
Hunters Creek area, great area and very close to Osceola County. Commute will not drive you crazy either.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoQueHacemohAhora View Post
Depending on the route it will be LONG and crappy and/or full of tolls.

Either I4 from Sanford (no tolls) or 417 from Winter Springs (tolls) At least an hour long each way. If you are travelling at peak times, obviously more.

I would NEVER consider it unless the pay at the new job was REALLY, REALLY good.
I dont think it would take an hour. more like 30 to 45 mins

Old 10-08-2009, 02:29 PM

229 posts, read 778,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I dont think it would take an hour. more like 30 to 45 mins

Maybe Winter Springs at best...Google maps, that reports distances at ideal traffic conditions not regular commute, estimates Winter Springs to Kissimee at 46 mins the shortest route, and Sanford-Kissimmee at 53 mins the shortest route. I think the round up to 1 hour is more accurate than the round down to 30-45 mins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando