Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:14 AM

631 posts, read 2,450,700 times

Advertisements

If you're young minded and want to have the only "urban" type environment in Orlando then you want to move downtown. Lots of Disney folk (upper management) here. Old beautiful houses on lakes and shops to walk to. ...Cobblestone streets and the nicest (IMO) people in all of Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 05:06 PM

48 posts, read 262,620 times
Ok, any of the administrative, financing, executive, professional, etc Disney jobs in my opinion most likely live in Celebration because Im sure there is some deal worked out for working for Disney and living there, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, maybe Clermont, Lake Buena Vista area or very close surrounding that area, and maybe Winter Park.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:30 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,360,781 times
Windermere florida try looking at schools. most of the solid big homes new around Disney World is located Reams Road back way to Disney Univiersity. I live in that area only six miles away from Fort Wilderness Resort cabins. I work for Disney full time as cast member.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:31 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
The people that do make a decent living seem to like celebration.
or Dr Phillips. It's a 20 minute commute or so into the parks, and it doesn't have the fake plastic feel of Celebration. Plus a better restaurant selection IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
If you're young minded and want to have the only "urban" type environment in Orlando then you want to move downtown. Lots of Disney folk (upper management) here. Old beautiful houses on lakes and shops to walk to. ...Cobblestone streets and the nicest (IMO) people in all of Orlando.
That could turn into one horrendous commute.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:35 AM

428 posts, read 1,082,429 times
Default Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flboi85 View Post
Ok, any of the administrative, financing, executive, professional, etc Disney jobs in my opinion most likely live in Celebration because Im sure there is some deal worked out for working for Disney and living there, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, maybe Clermont, Lake Buena Vista area or very close surrounding that area, and maybe Winter Park.
You really think Disney comps employees for living in Celebration?

Actually now keep this quiet but I heard everyone who lives there is really a robot and the town only exists at certain times like Brigadoon (look it up).

Seriously if you work at Disney and have the $$$ then Celebration would be a no brainer and they have a back road to WDW.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 8,603 times
Thumbs up Apartments with CAST MEMBER DISCOUNT

Altis at Lakes of Windermere is a luxury apartment community located near Disney on CR535. We offer a monthly rental discount for Cast Members!

Visit our website at www.altisliving.com/windermerefor more info. Welcome to our neighborhood!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:36 PM

184 posts, read 438,060 times
Windermere, along 535, has alot of professionasl who work at Disney.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:00 AM

1 posts, read 7,825 times
Default Seeking to get great hip hop music creating software program.

Looking to get the most effective Hip Hop beats production application

Old 09-20-2011, 01:16 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoz98 View Post
I have been contacted about a "professional" position with Disney. The job is located in Lake Buena Vista, FL. I was wondering where most of the employees for Disney live that work in this area. Also, what are the costs of houses/insurance? Also, does anyone know what salary I should expect from a position like this? I have a bachelors in business and an MBA with 5 years work experience. I just want to be very informed if I get the opportunity. Also, my wife is an elementary school teacher. How are the schools in the area? Thanks.
Their a bit scattered. Disney execs probably live in either Celebration, Isleworth, Dr Phillips, Bay Hill areas

A lot of management people live in Osceola, Lake, or Polk Counties because they cannot afford to live in Orange County. Almost all of the hourly employees live off of extended stay hotels like Home Suite Home or some other dump off 192 because yes, the pay is really THAT bad

A lot of hourly employees also live in Pine Hills, Oak Ridge, Rosemont, or somewhere off OBT

Mgmt or not, Disney's pay stinks

Old 09-21-2011, 08:14 AM

36 posts, read 90,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Mgmt or not, Disney's pay stinks

I know this for a fact. You have to be some sort of cult-like
follower of Disney's childish and disingenuous BS to work for
the crap they pay, at any level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando