Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2007, 07:30 PM

15 posts, read 105,480 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I've been an East Orlando resident for a year and a half and am a full time student. My boyfriend and I are looking to move to either Wisper Palms Apartments (on Alafaya Trail near Waterford Lakes) or The Flats at Avalon Park. We've toured and fell in love with both places and would like some input from others before we make our final choice. We're having quite an issue deciding since both seem to be great places.

My main questions are concerning crime. What is crime like in Avalon Park? I have heard that it is quite safe by searching a few threads here, but cannot seem to find any data when I google it.
Another question I have is about vehicle safety. My Honda Accord was stolen and stripped in February of this year. I bought a new vehicle and am concerned for its safety. It's definitely not something I would like to go through again. Any car theft info?
And of course any general information about the property itself, history, and/or management would be great as well. I tend not to trust apartmentratings.com as they have been wrong on everything in the past (at least for me).

Thanks in advance!!

-Ashley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 07:16 AM

217 posts, read 803,908 times
Like you, I'm concerned about vehicle safety as well.
Since you're moving into apts., I'd probably go with WP.
Reason? They have both attached and detached garages.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 7,101 times
I have been in Wisper Palms for nearly 2 years. It is quiet, clean and safe. The management can be quirky but all apartments have their problems. I like the Flats but have heard parking there is a nightmare, particularly when there are special events.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,101 times
I have lived in the area for 11 yrs..Stoneybrook for 10 yrs and then moved to Avalon for a yr now. It is a pretty neighborhood. If you live in the flats, you have your own parking at the back. The road is usually for public parking. If you live at Wisper palms, I heard its good too. Although in Wisper palms they do not allow more then 1 car. So if it's just you and your BF then you're ok. Anywhere you live there will always be some crime. I have not heard of any since I have lived in that area. There are a lot of cops that live in the area too. One thing with Avalon they have a lot of events, (fun events) so if you live in the flats, you will have to deal with it (noise) but you'll enjoy everything, people are nice , its a friendly family neighborhood. Both places will do fine for you. I live at Avalon and I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: