Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 03:23 PM

4 posts, read 10,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha9797 View Post
I am curious as to why you couldn't wait to get back to Cali. I currently live in CA and have for years and am now considering moving to central Fl. I would love to hear your reasons. Thx.

The place just sucks now , its now the same place it was just a few years back . If you have no kids and you're single then go for it , if you have kids then its another ball game . The schools are crazy ! Crime is insane and for years it just seems that not one person does anything about it , it almost feels like its being done "by design" because many of the things I've seen with my OWN EYES just cannot make sense to anyone . If you're single , already have a good job or own your own business you may like it there . Now that I left I can see it even more . Funny but many people that thought I was crazy just 2 months ago are now asking questions about other states .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 03:25 PM

4 posts, read 10,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgs123 View Post
I love the country, mountains and snow. None of that here. There is a murder in the news just about every day. I graduated from Winter Park highschool, my daughter is going there now. Things were different here 20 years ago. It wasn't as crowded and crazy. The older I get, the less I like the heat. We live in a "nice" area, not Pine Hills btw.

LOL , come on you gotta love pine hills man

Old 11-16-2009, 03:29 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,116,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exfl View Post
LOL , one of the many reasons I moved out the state !! I think its something in the water that makes you a moron after you've had enough of it -- I drink ONLY bottle water trucked in from OUT of state !! Orlando sucks , its not the same place it was just 10 years back . The crime is way out of hand , some of the cops are dirty as hell and are IN on the action . No one gives a sh_t about anything , the taxes and other fees are getting out of control . No jobs that are worth a crap , I saw many of my friend's have to leave because they just couldn't afford living there any longer after being there all their lives .
Maybe you missed the fact that crime is down dramatically in 2009 in Orlando.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM

872 posts, read 1,703,453 times
I'm kind of mixed on Orlando. I like the reasonable cost of living, fall + winter weather, proximity (couple hours) to the Gulf, attractive downtown, and well paved roads. I don't like how spread out everything is, the rude drivers, the radio stations, and summer weather.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:12 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,641,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
I'm kind of mixed on Orlando. I like the reasonable cost of living, fall + winter weather, proximity (couple hours) to the Gulf, attractive downtown, and well paved roads. I don't like how spread out everything is, the rude drivers, the radio stations, and summer weather.
What do you don't like about the radio stations? There seems to be a variety, I never had a problem or heard of anyone not liking the radio stations. Some of them get really involved with the community, i like our stations.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,170 times
I've lived in pretty much every part of Orlando, Hunters Creek, UCF, Dr Phillips, Metrowest, Avalon Park, u name it. There's always something to do, and u don't have to drive far to find it. Love this place.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:20 PM

157 posts, read 475,350 times
No.
No beach community, traffic on local streets to crowded with to many stop lights, culture of population left to be desired.
Coastal region preferred like Palm beach area or Bradenton.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,028,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert999 View Post
No.
No beach community, traffic on local streets to crowded with to many stop lights, culture of population left to be desired.
Coastal region preferred like Palm beach area or Bradenton.
What is this are you typing a telegraph? Ok, outside of not being on the beach Orlando takes Palm Beach to the woodshed in every category. Do you like being overwhelmed by senior citizens, have the exact same amount of crime and traffic, definitely no more culture than Orlando, less to do in terms of entertainment, less number of eclectic restaurants and unique vibe, and no real downtowns anywhere in the whole county...unless you consider CityPlace a downtown. It's just an outdoor mall to me. If you said Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, I could see making a case, but Palm Beach County is not that interesting if you are not on the beach or not filthy rich. So bland. Delray is probably the only city I would want to live in PBC...it has a nice strip on Atlantic, but not much outside of that. Obviously being really near the beach is a huge plus anywhere down there, but I'll take the 50 minute drive and have something resembling a real downtown any day. Orlando has many areas in the downtown and just surrounding it that have character.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:50 PM

157 posts, read 475,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
What is this are you typing a telegraph? Ok, outside of not being on the beach Orlando takes Palm Beach to the woodshed in every category. Do you like being overwhelmed by senior citizens, have the exact same amount of crime and traffic, definitely no more culture than Orlando, less to do in terms of entertainment, less number of eclectic restaurants and unique vibe, and no real downtowns anywhere in the whole county...unless you consider CityPlace a downtown. It's just an outdoor mall to me. If you said Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, I could see making a case, but Palm Beach County is not that interesting if you are not on the beach or not filthy rich. So bland. Delray is probably the only city I would want to live in PBC...it has a nice strip on Atlantic, but not much outside of that. Obviously being really near the beach is a huge plus anywhere down there, but I'll take the 50 minute drive and have something resembling a real downtown any day. Orlando has many areas in the downtown and just surrounding it that have character.
Excuse me but wasn't this the original question???
Do you love living in orlando?
Yes or no very simple why or why not
and if not, what part of fla would u rather live in?

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]

Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 PM

5 posts, read 15,402 times
Default I did love Orlando till the downturn now I love Champions gate

I moved into the Metrowest section of Orlando back in 2005 at that time I felt it was the best place to live on earth. In 2007 Crime moved in bigtime, 2008 it got worse, and Pinehills started to move into Metrowest. Property value droped. Investors bought up properties and rented to anyone with a pluse at any price they could get. Drugs, Crime,Guns,Car jackings,Hookers, Theft, and home invasions every day. I moved to Champions Gate (15 minutes away) and it was the best move I ever made. I have been here for a year now. No crime, No Drugs, Clean pleasant neighbors, No bus line,No theft, No vandalism, Small quiet area. Paying same rent here as Metrowest, but its a world of difference. In an answer to you question I am on the Orlando boarder and work in bayhill and yes I'm happy where I am. I love Champions gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando