Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:02 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

Authorities arrest 3 in international drug ring case -- OrlandoSentinel.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 PM

12 posts, read 34,505 times
Orlando is an extremely dangerous,crime ridden city for a city its size it shouldn't even be in the top 100 most dangerous,its been #1 most dangerous city in FL for the past 5 years in a row,crime is getting worse no signs of improvement,i mean how can Orlando be more dangerous than Chicago,MIAMI, NYC etc etc....don't believe these people on here saying how good its getting and how safe they feel in Orlando, they probably have a home on the market trying to sell it to get the heck out of Orlando and don't want the bad rept..i Am glad i'm getting the heck out of here in a couple of months....

Old 11-24-2009, 07:55 PM

57 posts, read 168,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinoCrazy View Post
Orlando is an extremely dangerous,crime ridden city for a city its size it shouldn't even be in the top 100 most dangerous,its been #1 most dangerous city in FL for the past 5 years in a row,crime is getting worse no signs of improvement,i mean how can Orlando be more dangerous than Chicago,MIAMI, NYC etc etc....don't believe these people on here saying how good its getting and how safe they feel in Orlando, they probably have a home on the market trying to sell it to get the heck out of Orlando and don't want the bad rept..i Am glad i'm getting the heck out of here in a couple of months....

Actually the number of murders during 2009 has only been 56 so far compared to last year in 2008 there were 123. That's a huge change, that's more than a 50% decline.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 PM

I agree, overall, crime is way down in Orlando. The news is still filled with crime though. Maybe the last few years they didnt even show all the crime on the news because it was more than they had time to show? Who knows. But even now, the news is still filled with crime. I guess it must have been really bad the last few years.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Now back to the article...

"Secret recordings led to the arrest in late October of Arturo Aleman-Diaz, who is charged with operating a drug ring that handled deals ranging from tiny free samples of heroin to 110 pounds of cocaine, according to Osceola County court records." Originally from Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico, Aleman-Diaz handled more than 100 phone calls a day while the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the Osceola County Investigative Bureau built their case. Agents tracked 3,422 calls on his cell phone to and from potential suspects in one 30-day period."

Excellent job taking this guy off the streets!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:52 PM

12 posts, read 34,505 times
Default I got to give it to O.P.D

I got to give it to O.P.D they did a great job handling the downtown office shootings last week they even knew who the shooter was before they even got him...for some unknown reason Orlando seems to attract a lot of freaks/mentally disturbed people way more than other cities...just my opinion...

Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinoCrazy View Post
The city of orlando always gets a high crime rate because they use the population of the city which is only 200 something thousand people. So you would think its a tiny city or big town, but in reality, the general orlando area has over 2 million people and the crime in concentrated in one general section thats within the city limits, if the city limits of orlando were larger and enclosed more of the metro area, the crime rate of orlando would be much lower.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:45 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
If INS did a better job of rounding up the illegals we'd be a lot safer. Illegals perpetrate a disproportionately high number of crimes, particularly violent ones. In 2006 over half of the violent crime in Orange County was committed by illegal aliens. And they have the nerve to protest about immigration laws? Round them up and deport them, you'll see a dramatic immeditate decrease in crime. (And before someone says something about the guy in this article not being illegal--I know that Puerto Ricans are US citizens. I'm saying in general.)

Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 AM

[quote=annerk;11772362]If INS did a better job of rounding up the illegals we'd be a lot safer. Illegals perpetrate a disproportionately high number of crimes, particularly violent ones. In 2006 over half of the violent crime in Orange County was committed by illegal aliens. And they have the nerve to protest about immigration laws? Round them up and deport them, you'll see a dramatic immeditate decrease in crime. (And before someone says something about the guy in this article not being illegal--I know that Puerto Ricans are US citizens. I'm saying in general.)[/quote]

I disagree, for the most part at least. And that's Ok. But I find most crime is not done by the illegals, at least, not that I see. Look at this case, look at the downtown shooting, just these two cases alone that were talking about on this very thread. Not illegals. Both criminals were from the same place. <--And I find that trend to be very, very common.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
If INS did a better job of rounding up the illegals we'd be a lot safer. Illegals perpetrate a disproportionately high number of crimes, particularly violent ones. In 2006 over half of the violent crime in Orange County was committed by illegal aliens. And they have the nerve to protest about immigration laws? Round them up and deport them, you'll see a dramatic immeditate decrease in crime. (And before someone says something about the guy in this article not being illegal--I know that Puerto Ricans are US citizens. I'm saying in general.)
I do however agree with you that a lot of crime is by illegals, I just dont find it to be as common as the other. Also, half of crime in Orange Co. done by illegals? Are you sure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando