Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 PM

429 posts, read 1,104,302 times

Advertisements

is this a reasonable commute on a temporary basis? Or is an area around the Orlando area, close enough to get to Orlando a better match to make it easier.. Orlando would be for friends/fun/living, the Daytona area would be for work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 03:54 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
is this a reasonable commute on a temporary basis? Or is an area around the Orlando area, close enough to get to Orlando a better match to make it easier.. Orlando would be for friends/fun/living, the Daytona area would be for work
Kind of far, about 45 minutes each way. Depends what you can tolerate.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Kind of far, about 45 minutes each way. Depends what you can tolerate.

yea, still trying to figure that out..guess we'll see how this comes around anyway, nothing definite yet

Old 12-01-2009, 06:00 PM

331 posts, read 1,051,957 times
If you are communiting from Lake Mary to Daytona it is about 45 minutes, the good thing is you are going the opposite way of most traffic. Most people in the morning are heading West and you will be going East and on the way home while most people are going East your are going West. Though I find from the drive to Daytona, espcially once you get past the Deltona area takes very little time and the speed limit is 70.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM

It is pretty much a straight drive from Lake Mary on I4 East to Daytona. As the OP mentioned, it's the opposite way that traffic goes in the AM to get to Orlando. Do you already have work lined up in Daytona? If not, what do you do? There maybe something closer.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:14 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Although it is a solid 45 minutes away I did it the other day and really didn't find it that bad at all. It seems to go by fast because it's actually only a few exits. Once you get to the I-95 area you enter the city of Daytona and it really not that bad.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
It is pretty much a straight drive from Lake Mary on I4 East to Daytona. As the OP mentioned, it's the opposite way that traffic goes in the AM to get to Orlando. Do you already have work lined up in Daytona? If not, what do you do? There maybe something closer.

Well, I have an interview there and it would be a 6 month position to at least get me to the area, making money, and I could look for a perm job from there

And i'm in IT Systems Engineering/Administration.. I've been looking and trust me, i'd rather a perm position and in Orlando, but this is a start

Old 12-02-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Well, I have an interview there and it would be a 6 month position to at least get me to the area, making money, and I could look for a perm job from there

And i'm in IT Systems Engineering/Administration.. I've been looking and trust me, i'd rather a perm position and in Orlando, but this is a start
I see. Well keep looking, you never know.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I see. Well keep looking, you never know.
thats the plan

Old 12-03-2009, 03:18 AM

501 posts, read 1,881,585 times
Quote:
I don't know what's put you off living in the Daytona Beach area...I think you should watch the local news a few nights to see how great the friends/fun/living thing would actually be for you in the Orlando area.

Drive back and forth on I-4 for a month and let us know if you can still see straight.

I'd suggest you explore more around the Daytona area for possible living arrangements, even temp, so you can explore Central Florida areas instead of commuting right away. The city is great for cycling, jogging and swimming and you'd certainly have time to do so than spending all that time commuting after work!

Drive down Beach Street or the Seabreeze Bridge on a clear day with your windows rolled down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando