Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 02:44 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricon7 View Post
I disagree. Why is wanting to know the ethnic background of an area racist? If I primarily grew up around whites or blacks or Hatians or whoever, I would probably feel more comfortable living in an area where they're most prevalent. It doesn't mean I hate other ethnic groups. You're using a non sequitur logical fallacy - just because a person discusses the race of a neighborhood, it makes him a racist. This is an invalid argument. And I might add that since we all descend from Adam and Noah, we're all one big race anyway and all inter-related, so we're all distant cousins.

Don't be politically correct and assume that any discussion of race is racist. I think it's an elephant in the room that everyone is afraid to talk about for fear of being negatively branded by the PC crowd.
Although my post was extremely concise, you still managed to miss the point. To think about or discuss things in terms of race is racist, by definition. I don't know why you are so willingly propagating the PC crowd's mantra that thinking about race is evil.

Also, we aren't one big race. We're one big species with some huge differences between the various races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 PM

680 posts, read 1,920,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
To think about or discuss things in terms of race is racist, by definition.
What are you talking about? Please show us this so-called definition.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 PM

209 posts, read 304,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Although my post was extremely concise, you still managed to miss the point. To think about or discuss things in terms of race is racist, by definition. I don't know why you are so willingly propagating the PC crowd's mantra that thinking about race is evil.

Also, we aren't one big race. We're one big species with some huge differences between the various races.
But those are differences that we can move past. The genetic make up of a white man is amazingly similar to that of a black man.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:04 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
So are we still discussing of there's white residents in Pine Hills?

Old 07-30-2012, 12:58 PM

329 posts, read 699,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
So are we still discussing of there's white residents in Pine Hills?
Apparently we are having morality issues and racial tensions within a thread about a racial makeup of a neighborhood... People are way too sensitive.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:15 AM

14 posts, read 36,602 times
I have a friend who is white and who lives in Pine Hills. I'm not sure what zip code, but he's got a really nice house, lots of land, and is happy with where he is. He's never had a problem. Crime in Orlando seems to be very localized. There can be plenty of crime happening in one area, yet if you live a mile away, you could be quite safe. Just like the avalon park/waterford lakes area and ucf. Plenty of crime in the apartment communities around UCF, yet avalon park is pretty quiet and residential.

I probably wouldn't move to Pine Hills personally, because I would have no idea how to pick a safe area, but there are people who do live there and haven't had problems. In my life, I've lived in all sorts of neighborhoods, ranging from poor to upper middle class. I've found that most people tend to just want to live and let live.

And for the record, when I watch the news at night, I see all races of people committing crimes - murders of children and adults, petty thefts and larceny, home invasions, embezzlment of millions of dollars. Being a criminal isn't about the color of your skin, it is about what is in your heart.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:23 AM

133 posts, read 277,518 times
Areas west of Hiawassee Road borderlining Ocoee are fine in my opinion.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,006 times
FL. Native born. Mercy Dr.hospital .My parents owned hm on Grandvlew Dr
. From like 1969 or 70) till 2003: and if your looking for insight go 2 uturn hub pages.com. or One)kldzwatch.com: check a hood and system 2 see what whom runs/controls it.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,006 times
Check a hood and hoods.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,336 times
Thumbs down Miss informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_being_myself View Post
I hope nobody finds my post racist but I am curious about the remaining ''white'' residents of Pine Hills. I know up untill the 1980's it was predominately white untill large amounts of non-whites moved in. According to Wikipedia,if Wikipedia is to be trusted, there are still up in the twenty percentile amount of white residents. Is this true? Is their racial tension? Do the white residents get along with the non-whites and vice versa?
i grew up in pine hills from 1969to 1981 it was a great place to live and safe till they started busing the to change the stat quo of edu now its a cess pool and pretty sad pimple on the butt of orlando from 1980 to 1990 new moved in 10 old fams moved out so crime
went up and good places to shop left and now i went back once to see the changes its like a third world country now and would not rec a visit there very sad :::::::::: no most whites have left and is not a good place to live or be!! look at the fdle crime stats it says it all::::::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando