Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 PM

4 posts, read 10,363 times

Advertisements

i liked wintersprings and oveido when i last visited. my wife is being offered a job in altamonte and im awaiting a yes or no answer on a job pending a background check. how low are people negoitating on prices on their houses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 06:44 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
all of the areas you listed are great areas to raise kids. I would take casselberry off the list though, its a good area, its just more low class.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 PM

793 posts, read 2,523,998 times
Lake mary, the Crossings area is affordable, Oveido/Winter Springs
Welcome to Orlando

Old 12-17-2009, 07:25 PM

7 posts, read 18,179 times
Default Oviedo and Lake Mary

I will be relocating to the area this summer from New Jersey. I have visited the area and my wife and I really love the Sanctuary in Oveido but our jobs will be in Lake Mary. Can anybody discuss which town would be best for young children considering the commute, schools etc. Thanks in advance for any information that could be helpful.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpags View Post
I will be relocating to the area this summer from New Jersey. I have visited the area and my wife and I really love the Sanctuary in Oveido but our jobs will be in Lake Mary. Can anybody discuss which town would be best for young children considering the commute, schools etc. Thanks in advance for any information that could be helpful.
If you are working in Lake Mary; you should consider living there as well. It is a very nice, upscale area with lots of amenities.

By the way, I lived in NJ too. What part of NJ are you from? I lived in the Dayton section of South Brunswick.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
I also would take Casselberry off the list. There are nice pockets in there, but overall Lake Mary, Winter Springs and Oviedo are nicer.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:27 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the responses. We like Lake Mary but found we could get more for our money in Oviedo, as long as it's a nice, safe, family friendly community. I am from Hazlet, not far from South Brunswick.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:22 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
The best schools are in Oviedo. Followed by Winter Park. last time I checked Lake Mary schools they had a B rating. but they are certainly decent schools. My fav of these areas is Winter Park.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:39 PM

42 posts, read 119,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpags View Post
Thanks for the responses. We like Lake Mary but found we could get more for our money in Oviedo, as long as it's a nice, safe, family friendly community. I am from Hazlet, not far from South Brunswick.

After I retired fron Md. we also moved here. We live in oviedo and love it. My son goes to Haggerty and it is a great school whatever the rating may be at this time . We attend all the PTA stuff and I have been impressed from the beginning. The area is also great for us. Just far enough out but not too far, for us anyway, good luck. We also liked the Sanctuary but found a nice new development down the street off of snow hill in Summerfield, brand new for the same price which appealed to us.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Can somebody tell me if the Sanctuary and Live Oak communities are near the better parts of Oviedo. I hear some parts are nicer then others and I cant figure out where these 2 communities fit in. Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando