U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:07 PM

22 posts, read 80,693 times

Advertisements

are winter park ,avalon,goldenrod , eatonville union park,and oviedo considered east orlando even though there not in the city limits..like how parts of atlanta arnt in the atl city limits but still are considred atlanta.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 02:15 PM

5,779 posts, read 13,538,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistagirl View Post
are winter park ,avalon,goldenrod , eatonville union park,and oviedo considered east orlando even though there not in the city limits..like how parts of atlanta arnt in the atl city limits but still are considred atlanta.
part of winter park is considered east orlando, avalon is east orlando so is goldenrod union park and oviedo, eatonville though is NOT east orlando, its more north central per se.

I consider anything east of state road 436 to be east orlando, ive lived in orlando most of my life and lived in east orlando (by lk underhill and chickasaw to be exact) for 3 years.

the waterford lakes, avalon park, and oviedo ares are very nice, the closer you get to 436 though the more it goes down hill

Old 12-13-2009, 03:54 PM

229 posts, read 726,639 times
Oviedo =/= east Orlando

Nobody living in Oviedo would say they live in east Orlando. It is north-east of Orlando, and not within the same county.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoQueHacemohAhora View Post
Oviedo =/= east Orlando

Nobody living in Oviedo would say they live in east Orlando. It is north-east of Orlando, and not within the same county.
true but ovideo sits right on the orange seminole county line, so east orlando is relatively adjacent. i suppose it depends on who you talk to

im sure some people in oviedo would much rather consider themselves oviedans rather then orlandians, some people view ovideo as a prestigious suburb and view orlando as trashy, i for one dont view it this way

you can choose to or choose not to count oviedo as part of east orlando, i for one count it as part of east because its so close to it

but then again ocoee and winter garden isnt part of west orlando now is it?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:38 PM

4,193 posts, read 10,955,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoQueHacemohAhora View Post
Oviedo =/= east Orlando

i know many people who live in Oviedo and they consider it east orlando. Its in the east portion of metro Orlando. The county doesnt really have anything to do with it. Oviedo is actually closer to the city of Orlando than some parts of east Orange county with homes that have Orlando address's like wedgefield. And places like casselberry in seminole county is closer to Orlando than places in orange county anywhere east of 436.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
i know many people who live in Oviedo and they consider it east orlando. Its in the east portion of metro Orlando. The county doesnt really have anything to do with it. Oviedo is actually closer to the city of Orlando than some parts of east Orange county with homes that have Orlando address's like wedgefield. And places like casselberry in seminole county is closer to Orlando than places in orange county anywhere east of 436.
your right but casselberry is still considered more north because that is also where 436 meets 17 92. its kind of like a midway point between downtown orlando and the city of sanford

Old 12-13-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
your right but casselberry is still considered more north because that is also where 436 meets 17 92. its kind of like a midway point between downtown orlando and the city of sanford
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't trying to say Casselberry was part of east Orlando. I was just saying it is closer to Orlando than the developments east of 436 in orange county with Orlando addresses. I was just proving my point that just because your in a different county than a certain city, doesn't mean your further away from that city than other places in the county that the city is in.. Does that make sense?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't trying to say Casselberry was part of east Orlando. I was just saying it is closer to Orlando than the developments east of 436 in orange county with Orlando addresses. I was just proving my point that just because your in a different county than a certain city, doesn't mean your further away from that city than other places in the county that the city is in.. Does that make sense?
yes. its just like i live in the hunters creek area and have an orlando address even though i am closer to downtown kissimmee then i am to downtown orlando

regardless of your location as long as your zip code is 328-whatever your address will say orlando regardless if you are closer to oviedo, kissimmee, ocoee, etc

like my zip is 32837, it is closer to downtown kissimmee then it is to orlando. and the entire 32837 zip is unincorporated orange county, where as a majority of 328 zips are at least partially in orlando city limts. mine along with some others (32821, 32836, 32817, 32818, 32828, 32825, 32833, 32826, 32832, etc) do not touch orlando city limits yet they consider themselves orlandians because there address says 328whatever

Old 12-13-2009, 09:06 PM

My house is about 5 miles away from downtown oviedo and 13 miles away downtown orlando and i have an orlando address.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 AM

229 posts, read 726,639 times
Quote:
GLS2010, my comment regarding the same county vs not was clearly a poor argument. You have proved that with your arguments.

Like you said, Oviedo is part of the "Greater Orlando Metropolitan area" and whithin that it is obviously on the east side.

What I tried unsuccesfully to point out it is that Oviedo is not what is known as East-Orlando.

For example, if the news where reporting on a crime or event in "East-Orlando" they would be reporting on something happenning in Azalea park, Pershing, Avalon, Waterford, University etc.

Another example the "East Orlando Sun" newspaper describes itself as "The East Orlando Sun (“EOSun”) is an award-winning community newspaper covering the East Orlando’s suburbs of Waterford Lake, Avalon Park, and Lake Nona. The EOSun began publishing in Avalon Park in 1995."

The same group publishes "The Seminole Voice" which used to be the "Oviedo Voice" , this one describes itself as "The Seminole Voice is a bi-weekly newspaper in Central Florida’s highly desirable, affluent areas of Oviedo, Longwood, Casselberry and Winter Springs."

Same thing with the "East Orlando Chamber of Commerce" Vs "The Oviedo-Winter Springs Chamber of commerce"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando