Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 09:43 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,510,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
at least someone else sees what i've been saying

Also, with the toll thing, unless you have noticed the same car and license plate doing it many times, could it just be they don't' understand? I know that's somewhat tough to believe, but its a combo of that and the fact they don't send out a ticket or warning when you do it the first time.
When I first arrived to Florida with NY plates, I went on the 417 one day and there was a 25 cent toll that all I had was the choice of exact change or sunpass. I went into exact and then realized I had no change, so ... I went through... immediately called some friends from Florida somewhat panicked, but was told not to worry about it as they would send something in the mail or never know. At the next toll, I told the toll attendant and apologized and offered to pay it, she told me not to worry about it and gave me some change in the form of quarters.
I actually came up with the toll thing because I have a good friend who is from New York working at Disney, even though its been a year he still has New York plates on runs the toll plaza thats between Hunters Creek and I-Drive on 417 every single day

He just doesnt care

Old 12-23-2009, 09:47 AM

429 posts, read 1,099,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I actually came up with the toll thing because I have a good friend who is from New York working at Disney, even though its been a year he still has New York plates on runs the toll plaza thats between Hunters Creek and I-Drive on 417 every single day

He just doesnt care
its funny, a friend of a friend mentioned a couple weekends ago said they give like "3 free" runnings of the tolls per month... which if thats true, is an insanely stupid policy

Old 12-23-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I've seen the same thing happen all over the country. I'm really beginning to think that most of you ahve never left the state of Florida.
Im originally from the state of Connecticut, it didn't happen as often there as it does here, and if it did I was too young to notice

Form what I have observed though, driving up there is just as bad as it is here. The difference being there are SOME courteous drivers wheras in Connecticut there are none

Getting on a freeway in Connecticut is like pulling teeth. The one that was close to our house if you were enter the highway you would have maybe 200 feet to merge and if the road was busy, pray you didnt crash into the wall or a street light because NOBODY would let you in

In Waterbury where I lived it is even worse. I-84 becomes a double decker highway high over the Naugatuck river and there's a giant interchange with is with the 8 freeway

its pretty similar in Hartford where like 6 different highways meet up in different places, tons of accidents on I-91 ALL THE TIME!

Makes me grateful I live in Orlando if you ask me

Old 12-23-2009, 10:17 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,822,565 times
^^^Orlando has a lot of folks from Connecticut. I've never driven up there, but have heard horror stories. And not suprising how bad Orlando is as most people here are from NY,NJ, MAss., Connecticut, foreign countries, etc... pretty much a mix of the worst.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
^^^Orlando has a lot of folks from Connecticut. I've never driven up there, but have heard horror stories. And not suprising how bad Orlando is as most people here are from NY,NJ, MAss., Connecticut, foreign countries, etc... pretty much a mix of the worst.
Well Im from Connecticut but I was taught how to drive in Florida. And I think I do a pretty damn good job.

Makes me wonder what driving will be like when I move to Las Vegas

BTW I've hardly met anybody from CT, a majority of people I know in Orlando are from NY and are Puerto Rican at that

Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Well Im from Connecticut but I was taught how to drive in Florida. And I think I do a pretty damn good job.

BTW I've hardly met anybody from CT, a majority of people I know in Orlando are from NY and are Puerto Rican at that
I'd be curious how Vegas is as well...

Also, happy bday, just noticed the status

Old 12-23-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
I'd be curious how Vegas is as well...

Also, happy bday, just noticed the status
It's probably similar in a sense. Instead of New Yorkers, Las Vegas probably has a lot of Los Angelinos and San Diegans, along with tons of people from other states and countries just like Orlando, then add in a lot of tourists and foreign toursits too, driving there probably breaks even, but I hear the traffic isn't as bad as Orlando. No tolls there either, all the highways are free

Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:

LOL, tell me about it. Trust me, I know that.

I'm a good driver as well. So that's why, for people like us, Orlando is so frustrating of a place to drive in.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:19 PM

Happy B-day Davie.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
LOL, tell me about it. Trust me, I know that.

I'm a good driver as well. So that's why, for people like us, Orlando is so frustrating of a place to drive in.
i'm not sure if you are responding to his quote about puerto ricans or NY Drivers... either way, a NY Driver isn't necessarily bad, sure there are the bad apples and plenty of em everywhere, but if anything else, someone who drives around NYC is just more aggressive, but can still be a GOOD driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando