Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 05:02 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Many of the banks are giving cash for keys in an effort to keep the property in tact. People are selling out everything in order to get something from the home they are losing. As they legally own it , they unfortunately can make it uninhabitable. It sucks for the bank but means it is a fixer and will be deeply discounted as a result.
For the most part owners aren't this bad but there are times where they are pretty upset.

It is unfortunate for those near the home when this happens, it takes a long time to resolve and with liens from the county it only prolongs the process. Cash for keys does work.....
Actually there is a clause in every mortgage about habitability and proper upkeep of the hosue. Perhaps they can't go after them criminally, but they can sure go after them civilly and slap a judgement outside of the judgement of foreclosure on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 12:20 PM

111 posts, read 341,987 times
It is unfortunate that people strip the house. I have showed 100's of those this year that are just like that. I think this is why the banks should agree to the short sale a little faster...they are going to get burnt either way, so why not negotiate a short sale while the owner is still in the house? They get more money doing that in the long run.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:50 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,144,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Davis View Post
It is unfortunate that people strip the house. I have showed 100's of those this year that are just like that. I think this is why the banks should agree to the short sale a little faster...they are going to get burnt either way, so why not negotiate a short sale while the owner is still in the house? They get more money doing that in the long run.
If only the banks though logically....or even cared really.

Usually the "bank" you have to negotiate the short sales with is really only the servicer of the loan. The actual people that own the loan have put all the control as to what happens with it in the hands of the servicer. So the servicer has little to no incentive to hire on and train the type/quantity of people they need to expidite short sales, because it's not "the banks" money that is being lost when going through foreclosure rather than short sale.

I'd like to see the investors that own these actual loans start suing the servicers for not putting in the effort necessary to save them billions of dollars overall by going the short sale route instead of foreclosure. Afterall, do you know who the largest owners of these mortgages are nowadays??? Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, government agencies backed and paid for by you and me....... /end rant.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:42 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,710,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
If only the banks though logically....or even cared really.

Usually the "bank" you have to negotiate the short sales with is really only the servicer of the loan. The actual people that own the loan have put all the control as to what happens with it in the hands of the servicer. So the servicer has little to no incentive to hire on and train the type/quantity of people they need to expidite short sales, because it's not "the banks" money that is being lost when going through foreclosure rather than short sale.

I'd like to see the investors that own these actual loans start suing the servicers for not putting in the effort necessary to save them billions of dollars overall by going the short sale route instead of foreclosure. Afterall, do you know who the largest owners of these mortgages are nowadays??? Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, government agencies backed and paid for by you and me....... /end rant.
But didn't the goverment just bail out all of those bad loans?? (sincerest innocent little girl voice used with sharpest sarcasm intented)

Old 12-27-2009, 11:48 PM

70 posts, read 149,430 times
I went through a bunch of those houses when we were looking at houses a year and a half ago. My biggest concern was some of the homes I looked at were without working AC and I was worried about mold. We ended up buying a corporate sold home which had everything intact. We got to keep all the draperies etc and we could move right in. People don't realize how much money buyers will have to put into some of these foreclosed homes. These low prices from the wrecked homes are hurting all our resale values

Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerPA View Post
I went through a bunch of those houses when we were looking at houses a year and a half ago. My biggest concern was some of the homes I looked at were without working AC and I was worried about mold. We ended up buying a corporate sold home which had everything intact. We got to keep all the draperies etc and we could move right in. People don't realize how much money buyers will have to put into some of these foreclosed homes. These low prices from the wrecked homes are hurting all our resale values
Hello!! Too bad that your resale value is tanking!! Buyer beware we are going a lot lower! sorry to rain on your parade. Bol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando