Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:06 PM

23 posts, read 66,330 times

Advertisements

2321 Home Again Rd, Apopka, FL, 32712 - MLS #O4948487 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® (http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2321-Home-Again-Rd_Apopka_FL_32712_1114327729 - broken link)

Looks like the owner of a foreclosed home came up with the bright idea to take everything-- I mean every switch (outlets and cover plates), all the cabinets, flooring, plumbing, lighting, and heck even the main electrical panel!

Why??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 01:12 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,803,875 times
They are pissed because they are being foreclosed on. Of course the reason they are being foreclosed on is because they didn't make their mortgage payments. Duh. It's unfortunate that banks can't criminally prosecute foreclosed homeowners that do this.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,819,654 times
The house next to us - the original owners did the same thing. Switch plate covers, drawers from the kitchen cabinets, everything. Very, very bizzare.

Hey, how about the guys in Waterford Lakes that drove their truck into the house and damaged it b/c they were so ticked that they lost their house. Remember that, it was on the news? Dog was unfed, the pool water was green and they had their washer and dryer sitting in in their yard for everyone to see? You may be able to google it and watch it still, I dunno. Real classy people.

I found it!!!....................

"Neighbors called Channel 9, upset about the messy house in the Waterford Chase neighborhood, but what the owner did when the camera crew showed up no one was expecting. The homeowner, Mario Prisciandaro, tore apart the half-million dollar house on Cedar Forest Circle before the bank could take it. The owners of the $465,000 home went on a rampage, trashing it, smashing windows and slamming a truck and trailer into the garage door, all because neighbors called Channel 9 to complain about the property.
http://www.ccfj.net/TVCH9Mortgaemelt.html

Last edited by StreetSmarts; 12-20-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Old 12-20-2009, 01:43 PM

200 posts, read 536,267 times
Yeah, replacing the little things like switches and lights can really add up. Ask your relatives/friends for gift cards to home depot, lowes, etc. Is the water heater missing, too?

Old 12-21-2009, 02:54 PM

385 posts, read 1,398,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
They are pissed because they are being foreclosed on. Of course the reason they are being foreclosed on is because they didn't make their mortgage payments. Duh. It's unfortunate that banks can't criminally prosecute foreclosed homeowners that do this.
They can if they can prove it was the foreclosed homeowner that did it, there is a prominent case going on right now in California where a foreclosed homeowner is being prosecuted for leaving with the fixtures (over $1 million worth). I don't know if it isn't prosecuted more often because the amount is lower or because it's hard to prove that it was the former homeowner that took off with everything. Foreclosed homes (and vacant homes in general) are often stripped within 2 months of becoming vacant.

-Harry

Old 12-21-2009, 03:02 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,803,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgebel View Post
They can if they can prove it was the foreclosed homeowner that did it, there is a prominent case going on right now in California where a foreclosed homeowner is being prosecuted for leaving with the fixtures (over $1 million worth). I don't know if it isn't prosecuted more often because the amount is lower or because it's hard to prove that it was the former homeowner that took off with everything. Foreclosed homes (and vacant homes in general) are often stripped within 2 months of becoming vacant.

-Harry
Interesting! Do you know the name of that case? I'd like to follow it. I really hope the mortgage company wins and the former homeowners go to jail for their crime.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:18 PM

385 posts, read 1,398,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Interesting! Do you know the name of that case? I'd like to follow it. I really hope the mortgage company wins and the former homeowners go to jail for their crime.
The accused is named Suzy Brown, and the trial is over a home in Olivenhain, California. The last I heard a few weeks ago she was in jail on contempt because she refused to acknowledge her identity when the trial started.

-Harry

Old 12-21-2009, 05:48 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,862,909 times
I understand that lots of people lost their homes due to no fault of their own.....but there are also a whole bunch of people out there who simply bought what they couldn't afford. To make it worse, they are still stealing from the mortgage company when they vandalize the home. Truthfully, they most certainly SHOULD be prosecuted because it is just wrong.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:20 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,819,654 times
^^^ I completely agree. I wonder if this guy got jail time or not?

"Neighbors called Channel 9, upset about the messy house in the Waterford Chase neighborhood, but what the owner did when the camera crew showed up no one was expecting. The homeowner, Mario Prisciandaro, tore apart the half-million dollar house on Cedar Forest Circle before the bank could take it. The owners of the $465,000 home went on a rampage, trashing it, smashing windows and slamming a truck and trailer into the garage door, all because neighbors called Channel 9 to complain about the property."
http://www.ccfj.net/TVCH9Mortgaemelt.html

Old 12-23-2009, 01:19 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,805,922 times
Many of the banks are giving cash for keys in an effort to keep the property in tact. People are selling out everything in order to get something from the home they are losing. As they legally own it , they unfortunately can make it uninhabitable. It sucks for the bank but means it is a fixer and will be deeply discounted as a result.
For the most part owners aren't this bad but there are times where they are pretty upset.

It is unfortunate for those near the home when this happens, it takes a long time to resolve and with liens from the county it only prolongs the process. Cash for keys does work.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando