Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:55 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on a family trip to Orlando, Florida (Disney/Universal) sometime in September. I hear that it rains alot in Orlando during the month of September. Is this true? If so, when do you recommend I take the trip?

Also, am I getting ripped off for buying a 3 day park hopper ticket for $260 for each adult?

Thanks in advance folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 10:10 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,192,765 times
I'm not big into those three-day park hopper passes. I'm not sure, but I think most Disney one day passes are somewhre around $60.

Believe me, there is pleanty to do for one day at the Magic Kindgom. Epcot has a few cool things to do and rides to go on, but I'd probably pass on that. MGM is pretty good. Blizard Beach is decent.

Personally, if I were traveling to Orlando and needed to fill three days worth of "theme park" activities, I'd spend one day at the Magic Kingdom. One day at Universal. And one day at Sea World. That's about $180 for three days of premium entertainment. Disney tries to rope you into these "park-hopper" passes when some of its theme parks are superior to others. That's just my 2 cents.

Yes, it does rain a lot in September. Also, September is when we tend to have more tropical storm activity, meaning you could hit a three day streach of rain. From mid June through September, the weather pattern is very predictable (except for hurricanes and tropical storms): Blue skys in the morning, partly cloudy by noon, thunder boomers threatening by three; hard rain and lightning from 3-6, then it suddenly stops. This repeats day after day during the summer months. In the Sprall months there is much less rain and moderate to cool temps.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
I'm not big into those three-day park hopper passes. I'm not sure, but I think most Disney one day passes are somewhre around $60.

Believe me, there is pleanty to do for one day at the Magic Kindgom. Epcot has a few cool things to do and rides to go on, but I'd probably pass on that. MGM is pretty good. Blizard Beach is decent.

Personally, if I were traveling to Orlando and needed to fill three days worth of "theme park" activities, I'd spend one day at the Magic Kingdom. One day at Universal. And one day at Sea World. That's about $180 for three days of premium entertainment. Disney tries to rope you into these "park-hopper" passes when some of its theme parks are superior to others. That's just my 2 cents.

Yes, it does rain a lot in September. Also, September is when we tend to have more tropical storm activity, meaning you could hit a three day streach of rain. From mid June through September, the weather pattern is very predictable (except for hurricanes and tropical storms): Blue skys in the morning, partly cloudy by noon, thunder boomers threatening by three; hard rain and lightning from 3-6, then it suddenly stops. This repeats day after day during the summer months. In the Sprall months there is much less rain and moderate to cool temps.
Thanks for the great info, Prichard. Since we are now in Summer and I won't be able to travel until after August, when do you suggest I take the trip? Thanks!

Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
The prices are fixed so it just depends on what you want to pay. The only way to get a better deal is to be a Florida Resident or know someone who works for the parks.

It does rain in the afternoon but bring those rain ponchos, those are easy to carry in a back pack AND when it rains everyone usually goes indoors, thats the perfect time to get inline for something...

I would have to agree with what Pritchard said that Universal and Sea World would be a good place to check out as well while your here...

My daughter and I have always had Passes and we can park hop with them which we often do. But if your only going to be here for 3 days, you probably won't miss that feature. The other cool thing about them however is if you buy them AND you have extra days left on them, you have a year to use them.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
Please follow Lisa's advice and bring your own rain ponchos- Disney sells them but they are priced ridiculously high just like everything else there.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
The prices are fixed so it just depends on what you want to pay. The only way to get a better deal is to be a Florida Resident or know someone who works for the parks.

It does rain in the afternoon but bring those rain ponchos, those are easy to carry in a back pack AND when it rains everyone usually goes indoors, thats the perfect time to get inline for something...

I would have to agree with what Pritchard said that Universal and Sea World would be a good place to check out as well while your here...

My daughter and I have always had Passes and we can park hop with them which we often do. But if your only going to be here for 3 days, you probably won't miss that feature. The other cool thing about them however is if you buy them AND you have extra days left on them, you have a year to use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Please follow Lisa's advice and bring your own rain ponchos- Disney sells them but they are priced ridiculously high just like everything else there.
Thanks ladies. Will do Universal and the ponchos. I'll skip Sea World since I'm relocating to San Antonio, TX and they have the biggest one there.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:11 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,283,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Thanks ladies. Will do Universal and the ponchos. I'll skip Sea World since I'm relocating to San Antonio, TX and they have the biggest one there.
Instead maybe check out one of the water parks - My family loves Blizzard Beach. Have Fun!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 PM

18 posts, read 75,527 times
When it rains, it's only for 30 minutes then it clears up. The only concern I would have would be hurricanes. And..............they are predicting a busy season this year.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:15 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
My daughter and I LOVE the waterparks.

Blizzard Beach has a taller mountain in the middle and the flume rides on it are therefore higher.

Typhoon Lagoon has a larger central lagoon with a big wave machine but the rides are not taller.

Both have a lazy river you can float around. If you visit a waterpark its best to get there before opening time so you can get some lounges, if you get there after they open, you won't have a place to lay down.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:27 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,192,765 times
Unless you intend on doing some of the water parks, the best months to visit are from October through May when it's not so hot and not during our rainy season. However, if you want to swim, go to the beach or play in the water parks, then the summer months from June through September are best. You'll just have to deal with the heat and humidity when outside of the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: