Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 04:24 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,645,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Back up that data.

Lake County has four "B" rated high schools, one "C", and two "D."
Orange County has four "A" rated high schools, two "B", five "C", and seven "D."

Assigning 4 points for "A", three for "B", two for "C", and one for "D" Orange County scores an average of 2.166 while Lake County scores an average of 2.28.

Orange County making a claim of being "A" rated is ridiculous at best.

You obviously have never been to Lake County. The majority of Clermont residents don't work in Orlando, they work in Lake County and Winter Garden. There are also more than a few Disney senior managers and executives in Clermont. So I'm not sure that calling Clermont a suburb of Orlando is accurate. And by the way, there is plenty of Lake County that is far from redneck. And I'd rather have hard working rednecks for neighbors than drug dealing gang bangers pulling home invasions.
Orange county was given an A from the state, Lake county was given a B, Orange county can't give them self an A..

Your numbers are a year old, take a look here School Accountability Report

Orange county has two A high schools, six B's, four C's, five D's and no F's. (score of 2.29)

Lake county has one B high school, two C's, four D's, and no F's. (score of 1.57)

Orange county has more A and B high schools than Lake county has high schools. Orange county schools also offer many more magnet programs and AP classes to their students than Lake county.

I'm surprised lake county even got a B based on there low preforming high schools, looks like they should of gotten a C.

Where do you think some of the best neighborhoods in Metro Orlando are? Windemere, Winter Park, Dr Phillips, downtown etc.. a lot in Orange county. Lake county has good neighborhoods too which are in Clermont and the immediate areas surrounding Clermont. And yes Clermont is considered a suburb of Orlando. Orlando = attractions too, not just downtown. If Orlando and all its theme parks didn't exists, Clermont wouln't be anything more than a small orange grove town. And winter garden wouldnt have jobs for people in Clermont to commute to. Clermont is thriving because of Orlando, it doesnt support it self.

and yes, I have been to lake county MANY times, I drive right through pretty much the whole thing everytime i go to the villages. We often stop in clermont for food and stuff, i love the clermont area, especially cause the hills and nice homes.

Anyways, it looks like OCPS is a better school district than LCPS

again here are some pocket fats about OCPS, take a look. https://www.ocps.net/Documents/pocketfacts2009.pdf

Last edited by GLS2010; 01-10-2010 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,577,609 times
Lake County has less traffic congestion. That makes it top choice hands down.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:55 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,831,132 times
Quote:
Back up that data.

Lake County has four "B" rated high schools, one "C", and two "D."
Orange County has four "A" rated high schools, two "B", five "C", and seven "D."

Assigning 4 points for "A", three for "B", two for "C", and one for "D" Orange County scores an average of 2.166 while Lake County scores an average of 2.28.

Orange County making a claim of being "A" rated is ridiculous at best.

You obviously have never been to Lake County. The majority of Clermont residents don't work in Orlando, they work in Lake County and Winter Garden. There are also more than a few Disney senior managers and executives in Clermont. So I'm not sure that calling Clermont a suburb of Orlando is accurate. And by the way, there is plenty of Lake County that is far from redneck. And I'd rather have hard working rednecks for neighbors than drug dealing gang bangers pulling home invasions.

Exactly!

GLS, what makes you feel that Orange Co is more "civilized" than Lake Co?

PS - I like rednecks. When was the last time you saw one gang-banging and invading homes?

Old 01-10-2010, 04:59 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,831,132 times
I've spent some time in Lake Co. My in-laws had property in the Sugarloaf area before selling it and moving to Western NC. The people in some of the smaller towns surrounding Clermont are some of the nicest, friendliest southerners I've ever met, right there along with those in Western NC.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Exactly!

GLS, what makes you feel that Orange Co is more "civilized" than Lake Co?

PS - I like rednecks. When was the last time you saw one gang-banging and invading homes?
This is not about which county is better. I like Lake county as a county, its perfect for people who like the small town southern feel. But we are talking about OCPS, and LCPS. I think OCPS is more civilized and a better school district. READ MY LAST POST ^^^

PS- Ive heard of plenty of sick crimes committed in lake county by "red necks" not to mention the major drug problems with meth labs you hear on the news out of lake county all the time.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:37 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,821,688 times
duplicate post

Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
This is not about which county is better. I like Lake county as a county, its perfect for people who like the small town southern feel. But we are talking about OCPS, and LCPS. I think OCPS is more civilized and a better school district. READ MY LAST POST ^^^
More civilized? Right. Not a chance. At least the schools don't need metal detectors at the entrances like some of the Orange County schools do.

Quote:
PS- Ive heard of plenty of sick crimes committed in lake county by "red necks" not to mention the major drug problems with meth labs you hear on the news out of lake county all the time.
There is a lot less violent crime and gang related crime in Lake County. If a few white trash idiots want to blow up their mobile home out in the middle of the woods with their meth lab, it's no skin off my nose. I'd take that over the home invasions that have become the norm in Orange County any day.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
More civilized? Right. Not a chance. At least the schools don't need metal detectors at the entrances like some of the Orange County schools do.
You obviously did not read my post (post #11). OCPS is a better school district than LCPS. I would love for you to try to prove other wise. I listed proof. you are just saying things out of your head. OCPS is a higher preforming school district. Face it

Old 01-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
You obviously did not read my post (post #11). OCPS is a better school district than LCPS. I would love for you to try to prove other wise. I listed proof. you are just saying things out of your head. OCPS is a higher preforming school district. Face it
And the "grade" isn't everything. Like I said, none of the Lake County schools need metal detectors.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
And the "grade" isn't everything. Like I said, none of the Lake County schools need metal detectors.
Hey can you give me some proof that LCPS is a better school district than OCPS?? Oh you can't.

If I had kids and i wanted them to get a good education and have more opportunities, I would send them to an Orange county school before i would send them to an Lake county school. No OCPS schools need metal detectors, none of them have metal detectors so whats your point?

Orange county has schools in some of the roughest neighborhoods in central FL and they are doing a great job in making them better schools every year. Minus the schools in the rough neighborhoods (pine hills/Oak ridge areas) OCPS still out numbers Lake county in the amount of great schools.

OCPS schools are higher preforming, offer more AP classes and magnet programs, and are less over crowded. OCPS is the better school district. Try to prove me wrong, cause you can't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando