Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:04 AM

793 posts, read 2,523,998 times

Advertisements

As of January 1 all rebates paid to a buyer must appear on the HUD either as part of the transaction or POC (paid out of closing), period.

Another change to HUD Rules & Regs relates to Mortgage Brokers, they now must disclose everything about the loan as it relates to them.

Hope this helps,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 09:46 AM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
This is absolutly correct, and in these cases I would take the client out to dinner. Im not entirely sure why an agent would even offer under any circumstances the seller a rebate. I used to offer buyers a rebate where it would allow, but would never offer a seller a rebate.

In respect of Broker Dave, my wife was telling me all about this and from what she tells me, my understanding is that the new RESPA rules which have come in or are being introduced are going to require people to be really on their toes. My wife was telling me that page 3 of the new HUD will have a mini GFE comparing what was on the GFE and what was on the actual HUD, and if any of the fees which affect the TIL change, the lender can be forced to redisclose and delay the closing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You can not kick anything back to the owner of a short sale. If you do so it is loan fraud and a jailable offense but on the buyer side you absolutely can. If you are taking something under the table it is not an honest transaction. I have had lenders come to the agents to make the deal work. In fact, I recently closed a $400k short sale home both agents gave a concession to the buyer to make the deal work and of course it was on the HUD.

If you take it under the table yes indeed you are being taxed for it, but you are also likely doing something illegal, hence the need to cover it up. I suggest your license is not worth the risk nor are the penalties if caught... remember it is your brokers license at stake as well.

Gifts to clients...Great service, help them move, make them dinner on moving day, a Lowes gift card, a welcome mat for the front door, only $25 is deductible. You can spend more but keep it reasonable

I just found a $5000 error on a HUD for my client... now there is a gift!

Old 01-16-2010, 03:14 PM

11 posts, read 17,281 times
i know realtors that give money back to buyers, they also pay a commission to someone that sends them a buyer who buys.

i thought they all do that????

ginner

Old 01-18-2010, 08:38 AM

793 posts, read 2,523,998 times
ginner,

Are you sure about that last statement?

Can you send me the agents name, maybe they don't understand or have forgotten the law, i don't go for anyone who breaks FREC Rules & Reg's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando