Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 01:17 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
There are still Angel's Diners on 192 aren't there?
I think that is different. That is Angel's Lobster Feast which is attached to the Home Suite Home on 192 by Old Lake Wilson Rd

Horrible restaurant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 05:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I think that is different. That is Angel's Lobster Feast which is attached to the Home Suite Home on 192 by Old Lake Wilson Rd

Horrible restaurant

Is that out on West 192 . Seems like a see an Angel's diner sign out there. It is a silver trailer looking building with lots of neon lights?????

Angel's Diner & Buffet

Disney/Lake Buena
7300 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34747

There seems to be a name change to angels Diner and Lobster on some of the Angel's Diners listed when you do a search.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Is that out on West 192 . Seems like a see an Angel's diner sign out there. It is a silver trailer looking building with lots of neon lights?????

Angel's Diner & Buffet

Disney/Lake Buena
7300 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34747

There seems to be a name change to angels Diner and Lobster on some of the Angel's Diners listed when you do a search.
yup. horrible food. nobody is EVER there m amazed it hasn't gone out of business yet

Old 02-13-2010, 01:09 PM

181 posts, read 687,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Boooo!!! Where is the "I don't approve" button.

Pssst...newsflash - you have access to the same roads they hauled butt outta there on...

I'm with you! I LOVE it here and I LOVE Disneyworld to no end. Anyone that says different is just plain spoiled! As for things changing, you should have seen California in the early 60's versus now! Their orange groves are long gone (where they used to be) and California, unlike Orlando is unfriendly and chaotic. It's always the popular, warm places that grow. You don't see anywhere in the midwest growing such as the town I grew up in, 40k, nothing to do boring and drab.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Anybody remember the old McNamara Pontiac on Colonial and OBT? That sign was so old but it was cool when it lit up at night
BTW I just wanted to say I drove by the old McNamara Pontiac earlier tonight. The sign is still there, though sadly not lit up

Old 02-14-2010, 02:25 AM

331 posts, read 1,052,168 times
I vaguely remember Ronnies but I know I have been there. I definitely remember the Bubble Room, I was a kid when it was open but my parents would take me there on special occasions like Birthdays. If I remember correctly they had a train going around the restaurant...was so long ago. I remember when Universal had Nickelodeon Studios and you coud get slimed on TV....and I almost made it onto Double Dare once but I was not old enough. I remember when the only thing at Downtown Disney was Planet Hollywood and the Hard Rock Cage was shaped like a guitare before City Walk. I know it has not been that long but when did the Millenia Mall open up, I don't ever remember going to that area before the mall opened. Does anyone remember the restaurant the Purple Porpoise, I believe it was some where in Maitland but I really can't remember...I also remember the Magic Fanatic out side the O-Rena. I think that has been closed and demolished since around 2000 but I am not sure.....I must getting old!! lol

Old 02-14-2010, 07:22 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehB33nz View Post
I vaguely remember Ronnies but I know I have been there. I definitely remember the Bubble Room, I was a kid when it was open but my parents would take me there on special occasions like Birthdays. If I remember correctly they had a train going around the restaurant...was so long ago. I remember when Universal had Nickelodeon Studios and you coud get slimed on TV....and I almost made it onto Double Dare once but I was not old enough. I remember when the only thing at Downtown Disney was Planet Hollywood and the Hard Rock Cage was shaped like a guitare before City Walk. I know it has not been that long but when did the Millenia Mall open up, I don't ever remember going to that area before the mall opened. Does anyone remember the restaurant the Purple Porpoise, I believe it was some where in Maitland but I really can't remember...I also remember the Magic Fanatic out side the O-Rena. I think that has been closed and demolished since around 2000 but I am not sure.....I must getting old!! lol
The mall at Mellinia opened in 2002

Old 02-14-2010, 09:17 AM

765 posts, read 2,637,781 times
The Purple Porpoise was on 17-72 in Maitland. I believe it was just north of Horatio Ave.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Who remembers just as recently as the first half of the 2000's when the 408 looked like this:

But now looks like this:
Unfortunately added traffic isn't the only reason. How about drunks and bad drivers who couldn't keep their cars on their own side of the road.

That's the big reason we're getting Jersey barriers the entire stretch of the Turnpike. My guess is that much of I-95 will be next. Every years a few cars full of tourists trying to drive 30 hours straight to get to Disney, Miami, wherever fall asleep and cross the median head on into some nice couple on their way to church or a pregnant lady coming home from her baby shower.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benice66 View Post
I'm with you! I LOVE it here and I LOVE Disneyworld to no end. Anyone that says different is just plain spoiled! As for things changing, you should have seen California in the early 60's versus now! Their orange groves are long gone (where they used to be) and California, unlike Orlando is unfriendly and chaotic. It's always the popular, warm places that grow. You don't see anywhere in the midwest growing such as the town I grew up in, 40k, nothing to do boring and drab.
I think it depends on where you go in California, and I'd never make a sweeping statement like that. I'm guessing you've never been to Lake County, CA? It's quiet, friendly, and a great place to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando