Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 07:41 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
why the hell would the airforce fly up there and waste time and money when orlando is much closer. Its commonsense, Orlando has more domestic flight options than miami and miami is being bombarded with Haitian immigrants by boat so they are flying the US citizens to Orlando so they can either drive or catch other flights to their homes.
What's wrong with Tampa? They have plenty of flights from there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:44 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
why are you asking me this?? Im not god, idk why they picked orlando. We have hotel rooms and a better airport and theyre landing at the orlando sanford. Maybe the airforce has a connection with them. Why do you even care? the point is the haitians landing here aren't immigrants they are citizens who are from all over the US. Its not a bunch of native haitians invading orlando. that what is going on in south FL, and they're trying to stop it, real this article Haitians seeking US refuge will be returned - Central Florida News 13

Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM

229 posts, read 778,548 times
Quote:
AGAIN. The Haitian Americans are just landing in Orlando-Sanford Int because Orlando Int has the most flights, and that's where most of these people are going to catch there connecting flights. No one is sending Haitian immigrants to live in Orlando. These are US citizens being rescuded by the airforce and being dropped of at Orlando-Sanford just to get in the country then they will travel to where ever they are from. Get that through your head people. It's not just Orlando.
YES! for the love of your mother... people!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:56 PM

229 posts, read 778,548 times
Quote:

Sanford is a much less busy airport, but still fairly close to Haiti than Miami, Tampa, or OIA. This has been all over the news. Not to mention probably cheaper for US Taxpayers, to pay the Sanford airport fees than the larger airports.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 PM

Like I said earlier--I don't have a problem with US military resources repatriating US citizens. I do have a problem with spending a further single dime of taxpayer money on them once we put them down on US soil.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:14 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,035 times
Quote:
Like I said earlier--I don't have a problem with US military resources repatriating US citizens. I do have a problem with spending a further single dime of taxpayer money on them once we put them down on US soil.
ok we know that, and agree. But don't listen to some people saying we are going to be invaded by Haitian immigrants and were going to have to feed them and clothe them and all that because it isn't true. these people have family getting them or are flying to there own cities, they are americans, most of them were just visiting haiti. They aren't helpless people like the Native Haitians who are stuck in Haiti. They have the right to live here just as much as any other american. Yea we shouldn't pay for some hotel rooms but you know what, that isnt that expensive, its the least we can do for them after the hell that they have been through. These are our fellow americans

Old 01-19-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
ok we know that, and agree. But don't listen to some people saying we are going to be invaded by Haitian immigrants and were going to have to feed them and clothe them and all that because it isn't true. these people have family getting them or are flying to there own cities, they are americans, most of them were just visiting haiti. They aren't helpless people like the Native Haitians who are stuck in Haiti. They have the right to live here just as much as any other american. Yea we shouldn't pay for some hotel rooms but you know what, that isnt that expensive, its the least we can do for them after the hell that they have been through. These are our fellow americans
We've got US citizens living in tent cities and going hungry because they can't find jobs. There are people in this country who weren't in Haiti because they couldn't afford to buy a ticket to get there if they wanted to go. I'd rather take that hotel room money and feed people who are suffering right here in our own country. If they have enough to afford a plane ticket, they can damn well afford a room at the Motel 6. That is my problem with the situation.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,910,503 times
Quote:
They want a free ride, they go where they are sent, be it Kansas, Fargo, Seattle, or Nome Alaska. Otherwise they can stay in Haiti.

I agree Annerk. But those folks who are in Orlando right now will probably stay here in Orlando. Where else are they gonna go? And, if they were dropped off or bussed to Kansas, they're probably still going to want to come back to FL, specifically Orlando and/or Miami, as it's as close to Haiti (and not just talking about proximity) as it can get.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:51 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,910,503 times
Quote:
Actually it was $9692. Close enough.

Good grief! I live in Avalon Park and paid $2000 this past year. You pay more than my relatives in Asheville NC pay combined and they have creeks and mountains in their backyards!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 6,511 times
Quote:
There we go again another brainwashed Fox news fanatic !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando