Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,568,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Because you live with your parents. You wouldn't be saying that if you had to pay rent and utilities, or had student loans to cover.

I'd say that the average car on my street is two years old--there were six brand new cars purchased this past year. Mine was the only one not considered a "luxury" car.
The fact that I live with my parents doesn't even matter. At least I do have stability and am getting money saved up at all. I did live on my own from April 2008 to December 2009 and paid my own way for everything so I do know how hard it can be. Know before you personally attack me again!

As far as the cars are concerned. You live in a more upper middle class neighborhood I am assuming

I see a wide variety of cars ranging from 5-25 years old when I'm out driving not just in my neighborhood but all over Orlando. Some look better then others. But I do not see too many cars, if I have, I didnt notice for some reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
The fact that I live with my parents doesn't even matter. At least I do have stability and am getting money saved up at all. I did live on my own from April 2008 to December 2009 and paid my own way for everything so I do know how hard it can be. Know before you personally attack me again!
And how much were you saving then? You also are a single person in good health, no dependents, no student loans.

Quote:
As far as the cars are concerned. You live in a more upper middle class neighborhood I am assuming

I see a wide variety of cars ranging from 5-25 years old when I'm out driving not just in my neighborhood but all over Orlando. Some look better then others. But I do not see too many cars, if I have, I didnt notice for some reason
Even outside of my neighborhood I see mostly newer model cars. I rarely see a junker, except for the "project cars" the guys I work with drive. (They leave their "nice" ride at home in the garage)

Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Don't say that!!!

I notice on CD there are several ppl saying that they are moving here. For a while there, there were only a few here and there. I know it's winter up north too and ppl have had enough of the snow and cold and just want out.

It's what I heard Beckycat. But who knows? If I were you, heading to where we wanna go too, I'd take the bottom price you can get for it, and move on to NC. We are in such trouble with our house. A shortsale behind us in Avalon Park area is bigger, has more upgrades, more bedrooms, etc... and it's on the market for $170k. And that's the ASKING price, it will probably sell for less though.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
And how much were you saving then? You also are a single person in good health, no dependents, no student loans.

Even outside of my neighborhood I see mostly newer model cars. I rarely see a junker, except for the "project cars" the guys I work with drive. (They leave their "nice" ride at home in the garage)

Wow, what do you do for a living? There are some nice cars in my neighborhood, but I know some of those folks are letting their houses go too. So what people drive sure as heck doesnt tell the whole story.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:03 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
It's what I heard Beckycat. But who knows? If I were you, heading to where we wanna go too, I'd take the bottom price you can get for it, and move on to NC. We are in such trouble with our house. A shortsale behind us in Avalon Park area is bigger, has more upgrades, more bedrooms, etc... and it's on the market for $170k. And that's the ASKING price, it will probably sell for less though.
My homes value has been increasing since September.

Homes sales are expected to increase significantly this year due to good deals, homes sales have already begun to show signs of increasing. With the medical city coming soon, it will help the economy greatly, a long with the other many projects going on.

Its going to take awhile for the home prices to increase a lot,, but it will happen slowly and steady. This is pretty common throughout history. There are the times when the market is in favor of the seller (like it was during the building boom), and there are times when the market favors the buyer (like right now)

The market is correcting itself right now. Our home prices aren't going to sky rocket up again like they did a few years ago because those weren't correct prices. Its going to make a steady increase. They're going to increase the right way this time, so things like this don't happen again.

Last edited by GLS2010; 01-25-2010 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
My homes value has been increasing since September.

My house on Zillow increased. I don't know how accurate it is, but hopefully it's close.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Wow, what do you do for a living? There are some nice cars in my neighborhood, but I know some of those folks are letting their houses go too. So what people drive sure as heck doesnt tell the whole story.

I'm in marketing, the company is involved in a skilled trade.

My neighbors with new cars are doctors and retirees. The only house that's going into foreclosure was owned by a foreigner who has fled the country after getting slapped with a multi-million dollar judgement.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
My house on Zillow increased. I don't know how accurate it is, but hopefully it's close.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 PM

My home values:

2006 - $330k
2007- $290k
currently- $165k

Yeah, I'm happy.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:58 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,035 times
Quote:
My home values:

2006 - $330k
2007- $290k
currently- $165k

Yeah, I'm happy.
2006/2007 was the peak of the boom. Home prices all over america dropped dramatically since then. You can blame the bankers. stop whining about the past and look toward the future. Home prices will start stabilizing again. Its all part of economics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando