Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:09 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,568,650 times

Advertisements

2 Pharmacies Robbed Back To Back - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22416101/detail.html# - broken link)

I guess I can't say Hunter's Creek is totally safe now eh? Just thought I'd share this with you guys, considering I work at the Hunter's Creek Publix

I was off work that day, at home uploading my pictures to the Orlando picutres thread

This hits home for me obviously because I work there. I just thought I'd share it with you guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,474 times
These things happen anywhere Prescriptions are sold; they just are not always in the news.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,210,937 times
who cares?

http://www.wftv.com/news/22461023/detail.html (broken link)

Here's my random crime post of the day since that seems to be the trend around here.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:01 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,345,996 times
Well, I'd say it's not so random to him since he WORKS there. Did you even bother to read his comment afterwards before posting?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:15 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,568,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Well, I'd say it's not so random to him since he WORKS there. Did you even bother to read his comment afterwards before posting?
You and I should start a troll patrol JustinsMama

It does happen anywhere prescriptions are sold. I was just shocked it happened where I work thats all. We hear about stuff like this all the time, and we get complacent thinking it cant happen to us. It can we just wont realize it until it actually does happen

Old 02-04-2010, 12:25 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,345,996 times

Old 02-04-2010, 12:26 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
You and I should start a troll patrol JustinsMama

It does happen anywhere prescriptions are sold. I was just shocked it happened where I work thats all. We hear about stuff like this all the time, and we get complacent thinking it cant happen to us. It can we just wont realize it until it actually does happen
Like the Walgreens somewhat close to my house on Curry Ford and Primrose I believe, has a wooden board where the door used to be because I am sure someone tried to kick it in to steal drugs. It does happen and this is a little close to my home. It was not in the news. That is all I meant. I am definitely not a troll.
I definitely sympathize with anyone who has to work at a 24 hour location whether it is a 24 hour drivethru, drug store, convenience store, Walmart, etc. I think that often places being open all night like this is less convenient for customers than sometimes being vulnerable to crime. I am sorry you or anyone after you thought that I did not read what you post or that I was minimizing the fact that your work there or feel personally threatened. I think the fact that it made the news is probably the best part of this because it must mean that it is somewhat rare in that part of town, though I know these types of events happen at many, many places where rx are sold.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 PM

284 posts, read 985,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post

sweet

Old 02-04-2010, 02:02 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
2 Pharmacies Robbed Back To Back - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22416101/detail.html# - broken link)

I guess I can't say Hunter's Creek is totally safe now eh? Just thought I'd share this with you guys, considering I work at the Hunter's Creek Publix

I was off work that day, at home uploading my pictures to the Orlando picutres thread

This hits home for me obviously because I work there. I just thought I'd share it with you guys

The Publix in Avalon Park has been robbed before too - the pharmacy. This was a few months ago - or more. They found the guy hiding in the little pond behind the Publix I believe.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
The Publix in Avalon Park has been robbed before too - the pharmacy. This was a few months ago - or more. They found the guy hiding in the little pond behind the Publix I believe.
off topic. seems like you try your hardest to find ways to make the AP area look bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando