Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:54 PM

129 posts, read 246,336 times

Advertisements

Took the Kiddos today to Monkey Joes inside the Festival Bay Mall.

I had never been there before(have lived here less than a year)but remembered reading that there were hardly any stores open inside, so my assumption was that it was an old run-down mall from a couple decades ago...

Well, you know what they say about assuming. I was shocked at how nice it was inside, so now I have to ask, What happened? Was it ever filled up or has it always been that deserted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 06:07 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,685,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post
Took the Kiddos today to Monkey Joes inside the Festival Bay Mall.

I had never been there before(have lived here less than a year)but remembered reading that there were hardly any stores open inside, so my assumption was that it was an old run-down mall from a couple decades ago...

Well, you know what they say about assuming. I was shocked at how nice it was inside, so now I have to ask, What happened? Was it ever filled up or has it always been that deserted?
Its a different kind of mall. It has stores like Monkey Joes and Vans Skate park. Not many regular mall stores set up shop there due to the mall at millenia being right down the road from it.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,745,302 times
I agree with GLS2010. There are too many malls (FL Mall, Millenia, Festival Bay and the two major outlets) too close together. Someone was not going to make it and it looks like Festival Bay took the hit.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,506,597 times
I suppose Prime Outlets also takes a lot of the attention away from Festival Bay. It was probably doomed from the beginning, despite in being located on ever-popular I-Drive. It's always been deserted. Unfortunate, seeing as it had a lot of potential. It is nice inside, but now it just reminds me of the malls in zombie movies/video games .

Old 02-10-2010, 09:53 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,566,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
I suppose Prime Outlets also takes a lot of the attention away from Festival Bay. It was probably doomed from the beginning, despite in being located on ever-popular I-Drive. It's always been deserted. Unfortunate, seeing as it had a lot of potential. It is nice inside, but now it just reminds me of the malls in zombie movies/video games .
I thjink what keeps festival bay plugging along is the movie theater (which is cheap btw) the skate park, and the bass pro shops, and shepler's too (is shepler's in there?)

Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,008,875 times
I loved the Skatepark there (though EXTREMELY expensive, considering Skatepark of Tampa is just up the interstate and is a world known skatepark).

Old 02-10-2010, 11:41 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,210,350 times
Festival Bay has always been deserted, just like most of the city.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:02 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,144,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Seriously? Festival Bay is deserted, but the rest of the city? What about the groups walking along and dining at sidewalk cafes on Park Avenue or the crowds downtown Thursday through Sunday after 9PM. Downtown Disney, Edgewater in College Park, Cranes Roost, Citiwalk, the south end of I Drive, etc. There is constantly traffic and long red lights at huge intersections. There are very few parts of town that I would consider abandoned or deserted, except some heavily hit areas with foreclosures and vacant new development.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:13 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,685,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
the city is not abandoned, nice try though.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:45 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,566,221 times
It appears our local troll has returned once again

Orlando is definitely not deserted. Driving on any major road here can be a real b i t c h at certain times

Movie theaters, restaurants, stores, other public places are always crowded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando