Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:27 AM

17 posts, read 73,159 times

Advertisements

And it's that parking on the annual passes that really helps them pay for themselves, since we were planning to just get passes for Epcot (the BEST park, great Mexican food) but figured we'd have paid for a four-park pass in 10 trips just through parking.

If you're into video games and the like, our passes to DisneyQuest, the big arcade/attraction over by Pleasure Island, are fabulous. We hang out for 2 or 3 hours twice a week in the evenings when most tourists have gone home, so we don't have to wait in hideous lines for everything.

Oh, and it's not close, but Busch Gardens has the same deal as Sea World (buy one ticket, come back free for the rest of the year) and that's a mecca of great roller coasters.

And Typhoon Lagoon was okay but I still miss River Country... ;_;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 06:36 AM

460 posts, read 2,344,321 times
Does anyone know of a site that tells you just how much you save by being a Florida resident?

Old 06-01-2007, 07:24 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,401 times
For some reason I had totally forgotten about Disney Quest. How much are the passes? I know sometimes when they're slow at night about 2 hours before they close they will cut the admission price in half.

Anyone remember Water Mania? It was cheesy and nothing as fancy as the other water parks, but it had a certain charm to it. I miss it.

EDIT - I found this site - it gives info on Florida Resident savings:

Florida Resident Specials for Hotels, Attractions and Theme Parks

Old 06-01-2007, 09:30 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,190,936 times
I've lived in Orlando most of my life, even before there was a Disney World here.

As a child, whenever a relative from another state came to visit (and living in Orlando, you soon learn about ALL of those relatives you've never heard of before who wouldn't think twice about visiting you if you lived in Alabama) you end up going to Disney, Sea World, etc. so much that you really get sick of it. I got to the point where I never wanted to step foot in any theme park ever again, not just Disney. Since Greator Orlando really is much more than just theme parks, it is very easy to ignore the I-Drive, Universal, SeaWorld, and Disney areas.

But, once you have a small child, you suddenly become quite interested in these places again. It is fun to take your kids to Disney World - as it's an entirely different perspective. I'm sure that as kids get older, if they live in Orlando, like we all did they too will eventually get bored with theme parks.

So, what do we Orlando Natives do when we go on vacation? We head to the mountains in North Carolina, or go skiing out west during February and March.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:57 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
For some reason I had totally forgotten about Disney Quest. How much are the passes? I know sometimes when they're slow at night about 2 hours before they close they will cut the admission price in half.

Anyone remember Water Mania? It was cheesy and nothing as fancy as the other water parks, but it had a certain charm to it. I miss it.

EDIT - I found this site - it gives info on Florida Resident savings:

Florida Resident Specials for Hotels, Attractions and Theme Parks
I worked at Water Mania for 4 years in high school and loved every moment of it! It is very depressing driving by and not seeing "The Screamer"

There is a site for Florida Residents savings at Disney: Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

There is a great deal on year passes for the water parks right now. I love Blizzard Beach it is the best thing around for me and my family. We also have season passes to Sea World. Each year we get a season pass to a different park. Last year it was Universal. We would go every weekend. I am the best at finding deals in the area and never have paid full price for anything in town and have seen it all! I love it!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 AM

217 posts, read 806,329 times
I couldn't even IMAGINE getting sick of the parks.
Even something as tired as Honey I shrunk The Audience, still tickles me when I see and hear 1st timers lose their minds when the (*SPOILER*) mice brush by their feet! Asking the wife and our friends if they wanna do dinner @ Tony's Town Square, or Les Chefs de France on a whim.....Good times indeed! After that, we can head on over to Fantasia Gardens, Hawaiian Rumble, or Pirate's Cove for a round of mini golf. Go BACK to Epcot and watch Illuminations, then head on home. I'll never understand why more native Floridians don't take full advantage of this stuff. I guess it's kinda like up here in Boston. I can count the number of times I've been down the Cape on one hand in 30 odd years. Haven't been to the Old North Church, or Paul Revere's house since 2nd grade. So I GUESS I can kinda see where they're coming from.

Lisa drom DeBary: "**Misogynist Hunter**"

Hahahahahahaha!!! That's good!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:37 AM

89 posts, read 387,599 times
Thanks everyone for the advice. Now that I'm in Orlando I hear lots of my friends/family saying they have a good excuse for a vacation now. I'm a roller coaster junkie, so I think I'm gonna have to check out Universal/Islands of Adventure sometime very soon. I'm also a big sucker for the Disney fireworks, so I'm sort of excited to get to go catch "wishes" or "Illuminations" on a few of my days off. I'm probably the only person in my college class who has yet to grow up. Heck, I had a disney themed graduation party.

Thanks again for the advice. Once it's in the budget, I guarantee the season passes will be on top of my "to buy" list!

Old 06-30-2007, 10:42 PM

7 posts, read 22,207 times
Default Disneyland Pass Holder

Hi all. I've found this thread very interesting! I've been a Disneyland CA annual passholder over 15 years. Looks like we might be relocating to Palm Harbor for my husband's new job. I really look forward to becoming a Walt Disney World pass holder EXCEPT that we'll be living about 80 miles away!! Right now I live about 6 miles north of Disneyland. Living 80 miles away from a Disney park seems like a stretch. Other than driving, anybody know of some sort of public transportation that can get me from Palm Harbor to the WDW park? Are there any express buses that take FL locals to WDW?

Old 07-01-2007, 01:47 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
Does anyone know of a site that tells you just how much you save by being a Florida resident?
I have Disney's seasonal pass only for Florida residents which blocks you out a week and a half around Christmas, a week and a half for spring break and 2 months during the summer.This pass costs like $230 but you can renew it for $207.The Florida resident annual pass is more expensive but has no blackout dates and parking is included.This one is around $360 and the renewal price like $323.

Universal's 2 park AP is around $190 but their renewal price is $99.Right now I think they have a deal where you get 2 years for the price of one.I think they also have one that's cheaper with blackout dates!They also have an option where you can pay it monthly.I always renew mine for $99,seems like the best deal!

The Busch parks,Busch Gardens,Sea World,Adventure Island have different options where you can pick what parks you want and also have the EZ pay option that you pay it monthly.I have the Platinum pass which works for all the parks as well as the out of state parks.This pass I pay with the EZ pay option!!

Old 07-02-2007, 03:29 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLDriver View Post
Hi all. I've found this thread very interesting! I've been a Disneyland CA annual passholder over 15 years. Looks like we might be relocating to Palm Harbor for my husband's new job. I really look forward to becoming a Walt Disney World pass holder EXCEPT that we'll be living about 80 miles away!! Right now I live about 6 miles north of Disneyland. Living 80 miles away from a Disney park seems like a stretch. Other than driving, anybody know of some sort of public transportation that can get me from Palm Harbor to the WDW park? Are there any express buses that take FL locals to WDW?
As of right now there is no public transportation that travels between both roads but there has been talk about a rail system of some type for years now but it is always shot down. For now here are some options:
Greyhound provides bus service from Downtown Tampa to Orlando and Walt Disney World (via Kissimmee).
Amtrack travels from Tampa to Kissimmee as well.
Also, if you are a year pass holder to Sea World and/or Busch Gardens they provide free transportation from one park to the other.
Hope this helps a little and hope you enjoy Disney World and Palm Harbor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando