Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 03:38 PM

87 posts, read 202,723 times

Advertisements

Can a local give me some input about buying property around Lake Nan. It seems close to Winter Park and the water area seems really nice, but not knowing this area, I could be very wrong? What are pros and cons about this area?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 11:00 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybarry View Post
Can a local give me some input about buying property around Lake Nan. It seems close to Winter Park and the water area seems really nice, but not knowing this area, I could be very wrong? What are pros and cons about this area?
Thanks!
Never heard of Lake Nan. I thought for some reason it was a Lake Nona typo

If its close to Winter Park it cannot be that bad. Winter Park is a very nice area unless you are in the 436 and University area, then in that case I would say its not so good

Old 02-24-2010, 07:27 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,514 times
Lake Nan is in the Goldenrod area just on the edge of Winter Park between routes 50 and 417 around 436 and University.

Check the Orlando Sentinel's website and look for the crime statistics page?

Are you looking at one of the waterfront properties?

Hope this helps,

Old 02-24-2010, 10:16 AM

87 posts, read 202,723 times
Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks for the pointer on crime stats, I'll check it out.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:23 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,764 times
That area has a lot of homes from the 70's and 80's but the area is decent. It is between the UCF area and the Howell Branch/Casselberry area. Neither area is at the top of any list for being super glamorous or safe, but it is an alright area with some congestion and crime. I would look further into crime stats. Overall average IMO.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
That area has a lot of homes from the 70's and 80's but the area is decent. It is between the UCF area and the Howell Branch/Casselberry area. Neither area is at the top of any list for being super glamorous or safe, but it is an alright area with some congestion and crime. I would look further into crime stats. Overall average IMO.
I have heard (from people who live in the area) that the area is a hotbed for gang activity, especially in the apartment complexes along University Blvd between Semoran and Goldenrod roads. I have only driven through there and the area leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

The Target on Goldenrod and University is nice though, still fairly new too I think

Last edited by DavieJ89; 02-24-2010 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: changed a word

Old 02-24-2010, 11:31 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I have heard (from people who live in the area) that the area is a hotbed for gang activity, especially in the apartment complexes along University Blvd between Semoran and Goldenrod roads. I have only driven through there and the area leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

The Target on Goldenrod and University is nice though, still fairly new too I think
Goldenrod is a nasty nasty road IMO so I believe that. The areas closer to Econlockhatchee and Rouse are nicer and if you look at where Lake Nan is, it is on Hall by Econlockhatchee and close to the Publix on Howell Branch. This area is nicer than the Goldenrod area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: