Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 02:30 AM

2 posts, read 7,842 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Orlando from March -August. Being that I need short-term I couldn't find a ton of options....as of right now: I'm going to look at a condo (Mission Club) that is on International Drive , just south of the Central Florida parkway. (between the orlando premium outlets and Seaworld). Does anyone know if that area (not just the complex)is safe? Also, someone sent me an email to rent a private part of a house somewhere between Winter Park and Maitland...I dont know the address yet, Is it safe up there or does it totally depend on what road you're on?
Thanks

Last edited by t3333; 02-28-2010 at 02:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 04:25 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3333 View Post
I'm moving to Orlando from March -August. Being that I need short-term I couldn't find a ton of options....as of right now: I'm going to look at a condo (Mission Club) that is on International Drive , just south of the Central Florida parkway. (between the orlando premium outlets and Seaworld). Does anyone know if that area (not just the complex)is safe? Also, someone sent me an email to rent a private part of a house somewhere between Winter Park and Maitland...I dont know the address yet, Is it safe up there or does it totally depend on what road you're on?
Thanks

depends on what road you are on in Winter Park/Maitland area...and Mission Club are safe apartments .....i delivered pizza there alot

Old 02-28-2010, 06:44 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times
The Condo area is safe, it's pretty much smack dab in the tourist corridor. The Winter Park/Maitland area is generally safe. To me it would be more an issue of do I want to live in a condo or in someone else's home. Unless I knew the person really well or the rental part was completly separated from the owner's home I would choose the condo just for privacy.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,842 times
thanks. how would the traffic be heading north (well i guess its east)on I-4? i would be working near the millenia area if i get transferred.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:35 PM

88 posts, read 312,246 times
If you'll be working near Millenia, then I would recommend the International Drive area rather than the other.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3333 View Post
thanks. how would the traffic be heading north (well i guess its east)on I-4? i would be working near the millenia area if i get transferred.
I-4 usually does not get backed up that far (down towards central fl pkwy i mean) unless there is an accident, or a major event in town that attracts lots of tourists

I-4 usually backs up between Conroy Road and Downtown Orlando during rush hour

further east during evening rush, I-4 will back up between Conroy all the way to the Seminole County line but since you will be south of there this will not be a big deal for you

Traffic on I-Drive can get very heavy as well, especially north of Sand Lake Road, but since you will be on south I-Drive the area still has a lot of room for growth so for now its not so bad, traffic on I-Drive south of Central FL Pkwy is fairly light

Hope this helps, driving here is not as bad as people make it out to be

Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 7,029 times
I would never live anywhere near International Drive. I love to come down to that area to shop, eat, go to theme parks. But live there? No! If you watch the news there is a lot of crime there. Winter Park and Maitland are very safe for the most part. Winter Park is great, especially the downtown.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Depends on where it is in Maitland or Winter Park areas.

Also, I'm not so sure living around I-Drive is the best area either, to be honest.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:54 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Mission Club will be fine for a short term rental....and if you'll be working the Millinia Mall there are back roads you can learn so that you don't actually need to be on I-4.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:01 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,512 times
I would have no problem living in a condo in that part of International Drive,even though you have to be careful anywhere this area is generally safer than International Drive north of Sand lake rd.As someone said from those condos to the Millenia area there's no need to get on I-4.Take I-Drive to Pointe Plaza ave. to get Universal Blvd to avoid the heavier I-Drive traffic and stay on Universal until it meets I-Drive again where you'll turn right on I-Drive and stay on it until Oak Ridge where you turn right and then left at Millenia Blvd and you're there,10-15 minute drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando