Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

There used to be a really great video game store at near the corner of East Colonial Drive and Bumby Avenue, I don't remember what it was called, but it was edged way in the back of a tiny building that was wedged between the Wendy's and Washington Mutual, there were a small number of other businesses in that little building as well

After Wendy's remodeled that restaurant, the building was torn down to make room for additional parking

I heard the video game store was moved to a location in Winter Park but I cannot find it on Google

That store had the most amazing selection of "retro" nintendo games from the mid-late 80s, super nintendo, nintendo 64 games, sega genesis, sega saturn, playstation 1 and 2, you name it, that store had it

Does anybody know where the store is located know or (God forbid) has it closed down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 AM

631 posts, read 2,450,700 times
It was called S & F Video Games and they did move to Winter Park. However I just called the "new" number and it was out of service now too.

S & F Video Games
share your experience

407-539-1044
325 S Orlando Ave # 1-6 Winter Park, FL 32789

Old 03-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
It was called S & F Video Games and they did move to Winter Park. However I just called the "new" number and it was out of service now too.

S & F Video Games
share your experience

407-539-1044
325 S Orlando Ave # 1-6 Winter Park, FL 32789
I'll be sure to swing by there tomorrow and see if they are open, I will be in the WP area tomorrow

Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Are there any other stores like this in the Orlando area? Most of these types of stores have died off in other cities as well. It's a shame...I have such fond memories of stores like this. Eventually once the next generation of systems do away with physical media there will be no such thing as a video game store anymore.

Bookstores might last a little longer, but their days are numbered as well since online stores are so much cheaper and the next generation will grow up with kindles, ipads, etc. Combine that with the green push and there will be no demand to print books or newspapers anymore.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Are there any other stores like this in the Orlando area? Most of these types of stores have died off in other cities as well. It's a shame...I have such fond memories of stores like this. Eventually once the next generation of systems do away with physical media there will be no such thing as a video game store anymore.

Bookstores might last a little longer, but their days are numbered as well since online stores are so much cheaper and the next generation will grow up with kindles, ipads, etc. Combine that with the green push and there will be no demand to print books or newspapers anymore.
I agree with you, they are all being overrun by GameStop and GameStop sucks, they are overpriced and offer virtually nothing for your new games, even if it a newer game that is in high demand, you'll get $10 for it at most

Old 03-10-2010, 02:38 PM

631 posts, read 2,450,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I agree with you, they are all being overrun by GameStop and GameStop sucks, they are overpriced and offer virtually nothing for your new games, even if it a newer game that is in high demand, you'll get $10 for it at most
Gamestop is HURTING and it makes me laugh. Right now they are taking a huge list of games and giving a trade-in of $25. PLUS then you get 50% bonus so you get $37.50. I did some serious trading this week!

Back in the 90s there was an awesome place in Casselberry called Game Traders. They were the first in Orlando that did such a thing. The guy still operates out of Flea World.

There's a place called Play N Trade in Metrowest but it's a bigger rip off than Gamestop...although they DO have older games from Atari 2600 to current. (3DO anyone?)

Finally there is a place called Cybertron that are sort of like Gamestop but I have never been to it.

So if you guys have any games you want to get rid of, do it before March 14th at Gamestop, they are having awesome deals until then.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:45 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Gamestop is HURTING and it makes me laugh. Right now they are taking a huge list of games and giving a trade-in of $25. PLUS then you get 50% bonus so you get $37.50. I did some serious trading this week!

Back in the 90s there was an awesome place in Casselberry called Game Traders. They were the first in Orlando that did such a thing. The guy still operates out of Flea World.

There's a place called Play N Trade in Metrowest but it's a bigger rip off than Gamestop...although they DO have older games from Atari 2600 to current. (3DO anyone?)

Finally there is a place called Cybertron that are sort of like Gamestop but I have never been to it.

So if you guys have any games you want to get rid of, do it before March 14th at Gamestop, they are having awesome deals until then.
play n trade is kinda cool though because they host video game tournaments, and they repair discs and consoles (I'm not sure if gamestop does repairs, I've only bought and sold stuff there). There are several throughout metro orlando. The company is actually doing pretty good and are expected to be opening a lot of new stores across the US by the end of 2010.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:42 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
Your best bet is to check Fleaworld (which also happens to be where Cybertron is)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando