Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Is different, I am 100% fed up with these god awful drivers. I almost got into an accident today in the same place i was in an accident at 2 weeks ago (South OBT between Sand Lake and Landstreet)

Also saw another guy dart across the trail from the far right lane to make a left turn into the Ale House in front of the Florida Mall

I also witnessed a driver at OBT and Taft-Vineland make a right turn from the middle lane on a red light

And why do SO MANY drivers INSIST on going 10 below the limit? I mean really, why should I waste time being stuck behind you going 40 when the speed limit is 50?

I never see dumb drivers anywhere like I do on OBT, I almost never have a problem on ANY other road including I-4

Im just having a bad day today, which sucks because it is SO gorgeous outside.

Im just extremely pissed off right now because the stupidity of some people (in work and personal life) is really getting to me lately, and it pisses me off even more because so many people tell me Im a bad driver, or that I am stupid

Rant over

It's not you. The people in Orlando drive horribly. If it's not some cranky yankee who wants to go go 45 in a 55, then it's some moron darting through traffic, making left turns from the far right lane, someone on your a$$ even if you are doing the speed limit. Man, I've seen it all here in Orlando. And believe me, despite what some on here say, its NOT like this everywhere you go. Other cities/states are NOT as bad as Orlando. Sure Miami is. But look at the folks that live there. And sure, cities like NYC, Philly, chicago are all bad and aggressive/rude too. I dont know about you, but I dont live in one of those cities, so I dont care how angry or bad the drivers are in Philly. This isnt Philly. I'm so tired of this dog eat dog mentality in Orlando. Big city folks bring their attitudes here instead of leaving them behind. And some folks here dont seem to know what social norms are, and the cultural differences, etc... it's a mess!

Now I'm ranting!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I stayed in Atlanta for a week. Driving at all hours, day and night, and it was a joke compared to Tampa on a Monday afternoon. Atlanta traffic: rumor. And Orlando has the worst driving I've ever seen... And some of the funniest driving stories.

I have friends in Atlanta. Driving in ATL can be a tough task due to traffic and the people there definitely drive fast. But in my opinion, doesn't compare to the number of idiot drivers in Orlando. The hot blood Latins and NY'ers, geezers, foreigners who shouldnt be driving in the US (and always seem to end up moving here), college kids, tourists, etc... its a headache!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:53 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
It's not you. The people in Orlando drive horribly. If it's not some cranky yankee (rude) who wants to go go 45 in a 55, then it's some moron darting through traffic, making left turns from the far right lane, someone on your a$$ even if you are doing the speed limit. -get out of the left lane unless you are passing someone. Man, I've seen it all here in Orlando. And believe me, despite what some on here say, its NOT like this everywhere you go. You seem to have less patience for the stresses of daily life then your average portrayed Orlando resident.

Other cities/states are NOT as bad as Orlando. Sure Miami is. But look at the folks that live there. I would actually have a lot more respect if you just came out and said that you think Hispanics are inferior instead of making blanket statements.

And sure, cities like NYC, Philly, chicago are all bad and aggressive/rude too. I dont know about you, but I dont live in one of those cities, so I dont care how angry or bad the drivers are in Philly. This isnt Philly. -What makes them "bad"? And again, get out of the left lane. There are rules for everyone, not just people from "those cities".

I'm so tired of this dog eat dog mentality in Orlando. Big city folks bring their attitudes here instead of leaving them behind. And some folks here dont seem to know what social norms are, and the cultural differences, etc... it's a mess! - Remember, you moved into a brand new subdivision, not some 30 year old trailer park in Bithlo. There are no "norms", so who are you to say what's "normal"? If you want to live in a mostly white, insular "southern" area with slow pace and "friendly people", you should have looked into Bithlo.

Now I'm ranting!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,347,776 times
Quote:
Other cities/states are NOT as bad as Orlando. Sure Miami is. But look at the folks that live there. I would actually have a lot more respect if you just came out and said that you think Hispanics are inferior instead of making blanket statements.
Ha-ha, and I thought he was talking about old people and northerners...

Old 03-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I stay in the right lane on most Orlando roads. I never said I was in the left lane. There was a "," seperating the two examples (agreeing with what DavieJ stated) and I think you are putting them together. You mentioned that twice (me being in the left lane) and I never said anything about me being in the left lane.

As far as the drivers in Miami, there are multiple reasons why the drivers are terrible. Not just because of the hispanics. We've talked about examples many, many times.

Also, as for the "norms" I wasnt talking about just my neighborhood. We are talking about Orlando in general. I understand that my area is made up on newbies from all over and no established norms, however, we are discussing all of Orlando.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 PM

39 posts, read 102,819 times
I've only lived in orlando for ~ 3 months, but the first thing out of my mouth when someone from back home asks how I'm liking it is, "The weather's nice. The drivers suck."

It seems like everyone here would rather run you off the road than get over when you're merging onto the interstate from an exit. If the lane next to you is empty and a slew of cars are merging on, GET OVER. It's safer and polite. I also don't understand why no one goes the actual speed limit. It seems like every time I'm on any main road, the people around me are going 20 over or 10 under. Drives me crazy.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:52 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,329 times
Quote:
Is different, I am 100% fed up with these god awful drivers. I almost got into an accident today in the same place i was in an accident at 2 weeks ago (South OBT between Sand Lake and Landstreet)

Also saw another guy dart across the trail from the far right lane to make a left turn into the Ale House in front of the Florida Mall

I also witnessed a driver at OBT and Taft-Vineland make a right turn from the middle lane on a red light

And why do SO MANY drivers INSIST on going 10 below the limit? I mean really, why should I waste time being stuck behind you going 40 when the speed limit is 50?

I never see dumb drivers anywhere like I do on OBT, I almost never have a problem on ANY other road including I-4

Im just having a bad day today, which sucks because it is SO gorgeous outside.

Im just extremely pissed off right now because the stupidity of some people (in work and personal life) is really getting to me lately, and it pisses me off even more because so many people tell me Im a bad driver, or that I am stupid

Rant over
I think you're getting older and finally realizing how inadequate this wannabe city is. Orlando is a joke, just like the jobs, not to mention the crappiest people in the country.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:10 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
I think you're getting older and finally realizing how inadequate this wannabe city is. Orlando is a joke, just like the jobs, not to mention the crappiest people in the country.
No I just think its unfair of others to always criticize me so harshly saying im stupid and that im a bad driver (or cant handle money, am a dateless wonder, etc) when in fact none of those things are true except the dteless wonder part , yet others get away with stupidity everyday and nobody says a word as if stupidity on everybody else but ME is acceptable

but people are so quick to drop the hammer on me when i screw up, but why? do people really hate me that much? seriously i feel sometimes as if everybody in this city hates me. what is it that has possessed everybody to see me as a clumsy bumbling and incompetent idiot? im the polar opposite of that (well maybe not polar) but im competent in most things i do in life

I have just been stressed out these past few weeks and am really needing my vegas vacation this tuesday

NoodLes there is a simple solution to my issue with driving on OBT, I will simply stick to driving on John Young like I normally do, a higher speed limit and less traffic (less idiots), and less traffic lights. Thats what causes accidents on OBT, unsynchronized traffic lights every 27 feet (if you take OBT from I-4 to Kissimme you will need a brake job afterwards) then everybody slamming on their brakes and me nearly rear ending them. People are too trigger happy with the brake pedal

Whatever possessed me to take OBT home today I will never know

Old 03-11-2010, 05:23 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
If you are constantly almost hitting people from behind, you are following too close. That's a pet peeve of mine, and I wish the police would ticket a lot more people for doing so. There would be a lot less accidents.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
No I just think its unfair of others to always criticize me so harshly saying im stupid and that im a bad driver (or cant handle money, am a dateless wonder, etc) when in fact none of those things are true except the dteless wonder part , yet others get away with stupidity everyday and nobody says a word as if stupidity on everybody else but ME is acceptable

but people are so quick to drop the hammer on me when i screw up, but why? do people really hate me that much? seriously i feel sometimes as if everybody in this city hates me. what is it that has possessed everybody to see me as a clumsy bumbling and incompetent idiot? im the polar opposite of that (well maybe not polar) but im competent in most things i do in life

I have just been stressed out these past few weeks and am really needing my vegas vacation this tuesday

NoodLes there is a simple solution to my issue with driving on OBT, I will simply stick to driving on John Young like I normally do, a higher speed limit and less traffic (less idiots), and less traffic lights. Thats what causes accidents on OBT, unsynchronized traffic lights every 27 feet (if you take OBT from I-4 to Kissimme you will need a brake job afterwards) then everybody slamming on their brakes and me nearly rear ending them. People are too trigger happy with the brake pedal

Whatever possessed me to take OBT home today I will never know

I highly doubt that it's you when almost getting into accidents. I'm a good driver. I see the ridiculous BS you see everyday too. Remember this one? The guy PARKED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET close to my house. There is nothing wrong with his car - he just decided to take it upon himself to be a moron, and park his car in the road (in the middle of the 2 lanes) so he could talk or text someone on his phone. Who does this kind of crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando