Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:13 PM

193 posts, read 621,482 times

Advertisements

Anyone notice if model homes are up yet of Lennar's at Independence Estates?
14255 Pleach Street
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM

986 posts, read 3,535,040 times
No not yet, they are scheduled to complete in middle of May.. Build time for Lennar is 4 months, but for their models they are looking to build in 45 days.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:31 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,805,922 times
I just got a notice that MI is selling off several new inventory homes on the West side. some pretty good values among them. Check out several areas and builders , there is a huge difference in the quality of many of them.

Being biased I'd suggest getting an agent that has no administrative fees to go with you. It doesn't cost you anything and you get someone fighting for what's good for you instead of being in the hot box with the builders agent telling you what is going to happen... it is your money buying isn't it?

All the best...ken

Old 03-25-2010, 08:20 PM

Im sorry which agent were you saying is biased?

I also understand in addition to Lennar there are 2 other builders in Independence now. My recommendation would also be even if you are looking at buying a new build home, to take a look at the number or foreclosure homes in the particular communities you are looking at in terms of number of homes in the community and also what level of amenities are on offer. Keep in mind high foreclosure rates and alot of amenities mean that someone has to pay for all those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I just got a notice that MI is selling off several new inventory homes on the West side. some pretty good values among them. Check out several areas and builders , there is a huge difference in the quality of many of them.

Being biased I'd suggest getting an agent that has no administrative fees to go with you. It doesn't cost you anything and you get someone fighting for what's good for you instead of being in the hot box with the builders agent telling you what is going to happen... it is your money buying isn't it?

All the best...ken

Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,803,875 times
I would be VERY leery about buying a home that was completed that fast. The suggested dry/cure time for a concrete slab is minimum 30-45 days before you even begin building.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:28 AM

That is true, i think the slab had already been done and the 45 days is to complete from now, not 45 days total time. Perhaps i should have made myself clearer. Lennar do make a good product though, after all they were responsible for stoneybrook which while the foreclosure rate was quite high is a popular community.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:20 AM

193 posts, read 621,482 times
Is it possible for an individual to find out foreclosure % (how many) in a given development without the aid of a real estate agent?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,803,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfIfan View Post
That is true, i think the slab had already been done and the 45 days is to complete from now, not 45 days total time. Perhaps i should have made myself clearer. Lennar do make a good product though, after all they were responsible for stoneybrook which while the foreclosure rate was quite high is a popular community.
I'm not so sure about that. I've seen more than a few Lennar (and many other production buildrs) pour a slab and begin building on it less than two weeks later. Time will tell as to how well those houses really are built. I know my slab sat for 60 days before they as much as put a foot on it, let alone began to build.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 PM

That is true and i completely agree. What I would say is that when I have seen this it was in the boom years when builders couldnt keep up with sales and more than a few corners were cut. You only have to read on these threads the amount of people who have had issues with finish with their homes. When i represent clients even on new builds I recommend an independent inspection because when they run through with you it is an employee of the builder not someone independent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I've seen more than a few Lennar (and many other production buildrs) pour a slab and begin building on it less than two weeks later. Time will tell as to how well those houses really are built. I know my slab sat for 60 days before they as much as put a foot on it, let alone began to build.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:35 PM

To be honest i do not know. May I ask why do you not want to use an agent if that is the case. The agents commission has already been dictated, and if you dont have an agent working for you then the listing agent receives the funds and he has not represented you at all.

I would have thought given a home is one of the biggest purchases in your life, and given the market and the pitfalls, you would want to be represented.

Keep in mind, just because you elect not to use a realtor, it doesnt mean there will be more flexibility in the price, and anyone who has told you that is a liar. Particularly if you are dealing with a short sale because the amount is essentially dictated by the bank and any liens attached to a property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohynot View Post
Is it possible for an individual to find out foreclosure % (how many) in a given development without the aid of a real estate agent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando