Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:46 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Well then that's relative to your likes and dislikes. To me anything under 75 lately is almost chilly...it's all in the perspective. To you it may be too hot already; to other's it could be let's bring on the 90+ temp and they're lovin' it...

Umm... not sure about that. I dont know every single person obviously, but I'm willing to bet that the human body is far more capable and comfortable at 70 degrees and not 90 degrees. There's a reason why FL was uninhabitable until the invention of the A/C, and why it was the least populated state in the south until then. 90 degrees is uncomfortable. And in Central FL, we average 110 days of 90 degree temps annually. And this doesn't include the humidity factor.

Last edited by StreetSmarts; 04-09-2010 at 08:34 AM..

Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Yes, absolutely so. It seems to be this "only me matters" attitude. I dont see it necessarily against white people, but just people in general. I'm only talking about what I see, so please spare me the racist comments.
How about those people that abuse unemployment benefits when they are not really searching for a job, waiting for their benefits to end to relocate? Do you think they have a "me" attitude, are dishonest, or that only applies to NYers and hispanics?

Old 04-09-2010, 08:07 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,347,349 times
Quote:
Umm... not sure about that. I dont know every single person obviously, but I'm willing to bet that the human body is far more capable and comfortable at 70 degrees and not 90 degrees. There's a reason why FL was uninhabitable until the invention of the A/C, and why it was the least populated state in the south until then. 90 degrees is uncomfortable. And in Central FL, we average 100 days of 90 degree temps annually. And this doesn't include the humidity factor.
Well, I know that I freeze my ass off everyday at work with the air running at 65-68 degrees here and need to go outside to warm up in the spring and summer.

Obviously, everyone has their own internal temp regulator. My dad loves the heat, my mom doesn't really sweat for some reason so obviously doesn't like to be out in it for too long. Again, it's all in how individual people react to heat and cold.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgs123 View Post
Intellicast - Lynchburg Weather Report in Virginia (24502)

It is hotter in Orlando, and more humid than in western Viriginia most of the time. There are few months in the summer it can get hot in Virginia, but Orlando is hot ALL the time except a few months. We left Orlando a few days before Christmas last year to drive up north. It was 85 degrees when we left, we were sweating while loading our stuff. When we got to western Virginia, we got stuck in a snowstorm Not too many of those here in Orlando....
Anything over 80 degrees in hot to me btw. I would like it to be around 70. ( we are rethinking Virginia btw. I would really like to move to Vermont)
from sometime in october to sometime in may has great weather. Even though it can get in 80s sometimes, the humidity isn't bad at all, it's pretty dry that time of year. the humidity only is bad from June to September.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
How about those people that abuse unemployment benefits when they are not really searching for a job, waiting for their benefits to end to relocate? Do you think they have a "me" attitude, are dishonest, or that only applies to NYers and hispanics?
I have a job, thanks.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:54 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
Unfortunatly that "only me matters" attitude is more associated with where you come from here in America than on the globe. I don't want to generalize but that I get that sense of entitlement from people moving from the Northeast and not the island. In my experience when you meet people directly from their native countries they are much more humble and very enthusiastic about assimilating. It's the people who were born here who sometimes develop the attitude of this is America I can do what I want and you have to deal with it. This runs across the board for all races and ethnic communities in my experience.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:05 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Yes, absolutely so. It seems to be this "only me matters" attitude. I dont see it necessarily against white people, but just people in general. I'm only talking about what I see, so please spare me the racist comments.
I have seen that attitude as well. I've also gotten the "you're irrelvant" attitude from people I work with. A group of co workers of mine was talking once and I kinda jumped in and said something and all 6 of them fell silent and this one girl who thinks she's hot stuff said "Excuse me? Was anyone talking to you? People who matter are talking right now, you're irrelevant here"

When I was referring to the racism thing, towards whites. I can cite two examples of this

-A Puerto Rican friend of mine took me to these places along OBT around 2 am on a Saturday night, all these spanish food trailers set up shop in empty parking lots around South OBT between Whisper Lakes Blvd and Taf-Vineland Road, about a two mile stretch. Even though he was with me, I got lots of dirty looks from people and I felt horribly out of place being the only non-hispanic there. One guy even tried to start a fight with me until my friend said I was with him and we'd be leaving soon. We left right after that

-Second example could acutally be many mulitple examples for all the hispanic girls hwo I have asked out and I was turned down because they "don't date white guys"

Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,347,349 times
Quote:
I have seen that attitude as well. I've also gotten the "you're irrelvant" attitude from people I work with. A group of co workers of mine was talking once and I kinda jumped in and said something and all 6 of them fell silent and this one girl who thinks she's hot stuff said "Excuse me? Was anyone talking to you? People who matter are talking right now, you're irrelevant here"
I don't know about racism...she just sounds like a (insert derogatory choice of word here)...

Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
Davie those people are just narrow minded and cold hearted. I've read your post and your an optimistic dude who seems to look at the bright side in life. I feel more sorry for people like that he wouldn't give someone like you a chance. It's there loss. Again I'd be willing to bet most of those people grew up here in the states thinking "whatever I do what I want!" to quote the wise Eric Cartman.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:31 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Lol Crane, it was actually a girl who said I was "irrelevant" JustinsMama saw that somehow

I try to look on the bright side of things and I seem to do well at most things I try in life but there are 2 things I am NOT good at in life

1) Math, could never really grasp anything beyond basic math. Even algebra I never understood

2) Making friends and getting dates. Im very socially retarded, besides the social scene here is not all that active. Orlando shuts down after 10 PM, unless you are into the superficial nightclub scene, or shopping at Wal-Mart, you're SOL if you want something to do after dark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando