Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:50 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Hunters Creek is 72% white
//www.city-data.com/city/Hunter...k-Florida.html

The site doesnt list Waterford Lakes or Avalon Park as areas so I will simply use the 32828 zip code here
//www.city-data.com/zips/32828.html

Scroll down to the grph of the ethnic breakdown of your zip

Conway is 82% White
//www.city-data.com/city/Conway-Florida.html

Bithlo, Dr Phillips, and Bay Hill are obvious

Celebration is 88% white
//www.city-data.com/city/Celebration-Florida.html

Bithlo is 87% White, and 9% hispanic
//www.city-data.com/city/Bithlo-Florida.html

Winter Park is 82% White, shocking I thought it was higher
//www.city-data.com/city/Winter-Park-Florida.html

Maitland is 81% White
//www.city-data.com/city/Maitland-Florida.html

So with the exception of Hunters Creek, all the areas listed are more then 80% white people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
[quote=ComSense;13667412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
There are a lot of areas within both Orange and Osceola County that are mostly white people

Hunters Creek I disagree.
Waterford Lakes I disagree.
Avalon Park I disagree.
Conway Probably so.
Dr Phillips I agree.
Bay Hill I agree.
Celebration I think that'll start to change.
St. Cloud I think that'll start to change.
Harmony Where?
Bithlo (always will be) I definitely agree.
Winter Park (ALWAYS will be) They have a decent sized AA population, but I think it'll remain white for the most part.
Maitland I think that'll start to change.
Lake Nona I think that'll start to change.

to name a few
No way Celebration. That will be the last place to change.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:02 PM

69 posts, read 225,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
sorry but Orlando won't ever be as bad as Miami when it comes to the latin take over. You will be able to get around fine with speaking english. This is America, if you can't speak English, learn to or don't move here.

LOL If I live in a third world country where I am starving and everybody is getting shot and raped OH YES learning English is what's most important to me...if I don't learn English I will not dare to step foot into America haahah yeah you wish.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:05 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Comsense, no matter how much you want to deny it. Waterford Lakes and Avalon Park is majority white. Not by a lot, but it is. I can tell by just living in the area, not just because of statistics. Hispanics are by far the second largest group. while the Asian, and Black population is pretty small. A good way to find out whats the racail make up of a certain area is to look at the school statistics. Timber Creek High school is 51% white 32% hispanic 11% black 4% asain and 2% multi racial. Then you have to factor in the college kids and older people who live in the area who are mostly white. (for the most part, the Hispanics here are young families)

Old 04-09-2010, 01:11 PM

69 posts, read 225,597 times
Yes Latin population will increase everywhere not just Florida.
They are going to be the majority in the U.S.
Even today half the babies born in the U.S. are not white.
We will be an interracial nation.
Yayy.

Most Hispanic children born in the U.S. don't speak Spanish that much though...I have even met a FEW that have Hispanic parents but they don't know Spanish....most of them do know it but still speak English more.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:19 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCroatian View Post
Yayy.

Most Hispanic children born in the U.S. don't speak Spanish that much though...I have even met a FEW that have Hispanic parents but they don't know Spanish....most of them do know it but still speak English more.
Do you have any references to support this claim about that most Hispanic children born in the U.S. don't speak Spanish because if not I'm going to have to call shenanigans upon you!

Old 04-09-2010, 01:22 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCroatian View Post
Yayy.

I think the US is supposed to be minority majority by 2050. It will take awhile for the U.S. to become latin majority though, if it ever does. But no one can predict the future. By that time latin countries might have improved and people in them won't have the desire to move here anymore, kinda like what happened in Europe. But who knows.

But yes, I know quite a few hispanics who don't know how to speak spanish. And some who only know a little, but not enough to speak it fluently.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:23 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Hunters Creek is 72% white
//www.city-data.com/city/Hunter...k-Florida.html

The site doesnt list Waterford Lakes or Avalon Park as areas so I will simply use the 32828 zip code here
//www.city-data.com/zips/32828.html

Scroll down to the grph of the ethnic breakdown of your zip

Conway is 82% White
//www.city-data.com/city/Conway-Florida.html

Bithlo, Dr Phillips, and Bay Hill are obvious

Celebration is 88% white
//www.city-data.com/city/Celebration-Florida.html

Bithlo is 87% White, and 9% hispanic
//www.city-data.com/city/Bithlo-Florida.html

Winter Park is 82% White, shocking I thought it was higher
//www.city-data.com/city/Winter-Park-Florida.html

Maitland is 81% White
//www.city-data.com/city/Maitland-Florida.html

So with the exception of Hunters Creek, all the areas listed are more then 80% white people

Could they be using "hispanics" numbers categorized as "whites?" Either that, or maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:58 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolieandre View Post
Basically, do you think the Orlando Metro Area or Tampa Metro Area could one day over develop like South Florida, and be home to an enormous Caribbean/S. American/ Latin American population? A popultion where Spanish/Creole/Patios is widespread, and in some areas the main language to communicate? Do you think, The Central Florida region could become a region where many areas are rundown (meaninig people don't take pride in their homes, cars in parked yards, bad schools, etc...) and polluted, and 1-2 blocks away are Upper class/ Middle Class homes and schools.

I would like any inputs on this question. Be as descriptive as you want. I am moving to FL in August, and although I have made up my mind, I for one feel that Central FL will evetually mimic it's Southern city Miami in many ways...Answers from Native Floridians would be great, or even people who have moved down to Orlando/Tampa in the last 2-3yrs.

Thanks!

OP,
Do you have enough answers?

Old 04-10-2010, 12:52 AM

719 posts, read 1,332,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissimmee lady View Post
Question for Coolieandre....Why do you think for Spanish being "on the come up" in Orlando, I actually feel that is good, and gives Bilinguals an Edge... ???? I'm not attacking you just asking. I'm a baby boomer and cant seem to get a job because I'm not bilingual..I've lived in USA all my life, why is it any different for bilingual speaking people to be the ones to get the jobs?? When people came to America in the day from all countries, most had to learn English...Whats the matter with English?? Just asking..ty
Well Kissimmee Lady,

I feel Bilinguals have an edge, because simply....they can speak 2 Languages... Not only 1. And yes you're right, Immigrants should speak/ learn English...But then again that is why a Bilingual is Bilingual in USA. Because they can speak both English or whatever the second language is... In my opinion, in this day and age, we are a Now nation, and Educaation is on the rise everywhere. I myself think everyone should learn a second language....But that's MY OPINION...lol... For Florida to be a state that sticks out into the Caribbean and has closer proximity to Island nations, than many U.S. cities outside FL it shouldn't be any surprise "in my opinion" that Spanish would be so popular.

Last edited by coolieandre; 04-10-2010 at 01:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando