Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 AM

8 posts, read 25,530 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband is relocating us from St. Johns County, FL to the Orlando and surrounding area. We have 3 boys: ages eight, six, and three. We are trying to learn which are the best schools to consider. They are currently in an A -rated school area we would like to keep it the same. My oldest son is in the advanced-studies program here. The three boys are also active in sports.

We would consider public, private, religious as long as the quality was excellent.

We greatly do appreciate any feedback.

Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 10:30 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,639,175 times
most of the elementary schools in the Orlando area are A rated. But you gotta factor in middle and high school too since that's where they will be going before you know it. You will find good schools in all of Seminole county, Most of orange county with the exception of pine hills, oak ridge, parts of ocoee, azelea park and parts of union park. Parts of lake county has good schools like clermont, and I wouldn't recommend Osceola county for schools, maybe with the exception of the harmony area.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:03 AM

793 posts, read 2,515,146 times
Sold a home to a a young couple with a young child starting school in the next couple of years, the young man does numbers break down for Seminole County Schools. They moved into the Wekiva Springs area because of Sabal Point Elementary School, it has the best numbers breakdown; middle and high aren't bad either.

Don't forget Lake Mary or Winter Springs.

Hope this helps,

Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,491,966 times
Oviedo, Lake Mary, or Winter Springs. Stay out of Orange County.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:34 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,027,640 times
Park Maitland School, Dommerich Middle, Winter Park High
or
Park Maitland School, Seminole County Public Schools
or
Park Maitland School, Trinity Prep

Old 04-17-2010, 03:15 PM

2,124 posts, read 4,479,016 times
The Dr. Phillips area has some great schools. Both Dr. Phillips Elementary and Bay Meadows Elementary have been A schools for the past 6 years (the data didn't go beyond that), and Sand Lake Elementary, the new school in the area, has been an A school since it was built 3 years ago. If you're open to a private school Montessori World School is in that area and the Montessori method is excellent for younger children.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 5,339 times
What are the best schools in Orlando for all grades I got children of different ages planning to move to Florida from New York

Old 07-16-2014, 02:10 PM

82 posts, read 203,507 times
Check out Windermere as well...Windermere Elementary is A rated and I hear great things about Bridgewater Middle. West Orange High is A rated as well now, but you still have the option of Dr. Phillips Magnet program for high school if you decided that was a better fit.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:14 PM

492 posts, read 1,019,614 times
Look at the magnet schools in Orange.

Personally, we are zoned for Hillcrest Elementary ('A' school and foreign language magnet), Howard Middle ('A' school and performing arts magnet)....... and then plan to skip our zoned high school, Edgewater (not horrible, but not great), and instead do Boone High (magnet school and actually closer to downtown than Edgewater). I have one child in Hillcrest now and LOVE it and another at Boone and LOVE it.

I live downtown, and these schools are the best fit for me. My point, though, is that you have *many* school options for all ages. You just have to research and plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando