Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 04:19 PM

14 posts, read 111,510 times

Advertisements

Ok!..then if BVL is horrible then try a positive side of writing and give some good options. Thats what people want in here is " postive feed back ".
If BVL is not good then what would you reccomend that is a safe & affordable place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 11:05 PM

54 posts, read 249,496 times
BVL has been a working class, predominately hispanic neighborhood for at least the past 20 years I've been visiting friends there. The crime rate is above average, but not out of control. Remington & Kissimmee Bay are nice & not part of BVL, although they are just a short distance away. As is the county jail & the Houston Astros spring training facility. I would also recommend Hunters creek as my top choice.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:01 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,034 times
i so believe there were some suggestions.. Hunters Creek, SouthChase all nice areas and just a hop skip and a jump from the Air port!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:17 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
I've lived in BVL for the past five years and I love it here. Be very careful of what other posters say, most of them live secluded and afraid to come out of their caves. You say Hunter's Creek do you, WOW look at the news today, it doesn't matter where you live and BVL doesn't look that bad either. I really can't believe how people make this city out to be. I lived in Orlando 10 years and its a cakewalk compared to where I'm from. Sure it's not perfect but no place is. There's my 2 cents.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:38 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Default You want proof, here ya go!!

Police: Victims Use Stashed Weapons To Kill, Injure Home Invaders - Local News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.local6.com/news/13542239/detail.html - broken link)

Old 06-21-2007, 08:56 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
Puerto Ricans remember roots as they sink new ones

(This was provided for informational purposes only)

Old 06-21-2007, 05:54 PM

54 posts, read 249,496 times
I saw the news report on the so called home invasion as well. The preliminary reports are incorrect. The crime didn't take place in Hunters creek. It accually happened in the Peppermill neighborhood. Which is in no way affiliated with Hunters creek. Now WFTV is reporting that the incident is probably drug related.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:46 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
I am glad you pointed that out stugots32837 because besides the tourist crime, an overwhelming majority of the crime here is due to drugs and drugs sales.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 8,799 times
I disagree. How many of the posters live in BVL? I have lived here for 23 years and yes it is run down a bit from 23 years ago. Do to the county getting loads of money from our taxes and using it on other subdivisions and forgetting about BVL. But as far as crime it's not any worse than Hunter's Creek or Williamsburg. I hae left my arae open all day in the past and not been home and never has anyone bothered the house. And yes if you are afraind of diversity then don't live here. But if you can be tolerant of others then BVL is fine

Old 06-24-2007, 09:54 AM

9 posts, read 36,815 times
Default BVL Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana-to-Florida View Post
I've been researching places to live within a 30-minutes drive from the Orlando International Airport.

Does anyone live in the Buena Venture Lakes area ??

If so, is it a nice, clean, affordable area ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Well I personally lived in BVL for 18 years from the early 80's until late 1998 and I moved out just at the prime time.

The problem as I see it is that the builder/developer did not come thru on the promises like happens so often in FLorida and elsewhere.

There was to be a homeowner's association, that never happened, there were to be restrictions, those were never enforced so the HUGE development became completely rundown. One of the golf courses has closed and been sold. It is completely overdeveloped.

I had a nice oversized corner lot, two bedroom, two bath with a two car garage and a built in pool. The people I sold to, are using the garage as a living space! To each his/her own.

I moved to Lake County, Clermont and that has become another Kissimmee for sure, they haven't controlled the development and growth and it is crazy, highway 50 is becoming like US 192.

We moved out of CLermont 3 years ago to a sleepy town just north, with under 2000 residents and we are now fighting the growth here, thankfully the market has slowed down so the builders are not moving fast.

We are now in the process of researching leaving FL and heading to TN or NC for our retirement years.

Florida once upon a time was reasonable place to live, not anymore, with property taxes, skyrocking homeowners insurance, its pricing itself right out of everyone's range of living. It is no longer the retirees state but becoming a metropolous of its own.

I'd steer clear of BVL and look in other areas. Hunters Creek is nice but much higher priced I am sure........have you checked out Harmony or some locations in St. Cloud, that is a growing community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando