Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 24,069 times

Advertisements

Everyone, Im not trying to be racist at all. Right now I live in an area where there is many americans and We feel we don't fit in. I just want to be in an area where I can be more comfortable. I apologize if my question offended anyone, It wasnt my intention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francia1 View Post
Everyone, Im not trying to be racist at all. Right now I live in an area where there is many americans and We feel we don't fit in. I just want to be in an area where I can be more comfortable. I apologize if my question offended anyone, It wasnt my intention.
we are all Americans even the Hispanics are american. You can go ahead and say there are a lot of white people around where you live now. If you move to places like casselberry or waterford lakes you may still feel left out because those areas are mostly white even though they have a sizable Hispanic population, and a lot of the Hispanics In those areas have ajusted to the American culture and act like and are friends with the "Americans" or white people. The heavily populated Hispanic areas aren't the best areas to raise kids, so I wouldn't reccommend you to move there. People are generally accepting everywhere in the US so you should try to make friends with people in your community. If you really hate it there, then go ahead and look into the areas we have listed.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:52 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lr5497 View Post
No se preocupe, yo lo entiendo. El latino habla de la raza como un tema cualquiera, quando todo para el americano es racismo. Yo soy puertorriqueno y a mi me gusta estar con otros que hablan espanol porque si tengo un problema, ellos son los que esta ahi para ayudarme para cualquier cosa. El latino en los estados unidos se ayuda uno al otro, porque nos entendemos. Pues si, le recomiendo las zonas de meadow woods, hunters creek, o otras urbanizaciones al sur del condado orange. Aqui viven muchos colombianos tambiem. Las esquelas estan buenas, y haymuchos negocios hispanos de todas nacionalidades. Le deseo suerte!!
I understand that Hispanics help each other out, in my experiences they seem to favor their own kind since they understand each other better, which is true to every culture I guess. so I can see why the OP wants to live in a heavily Hispanic area. Not every "american" thinks its racism. We all live in this country we are all Americans, I don't see the need to segregate our selves.. but thats just my opinion. In my experiences the heavily Hispanic areas I've been to in the Orlando area (like Azalea park) did not look like good communities to raise kids. I'm not familiar with south orange county so I didn't recommend it, but so far people have been saying there are a lot of Hispanics in the hunters creek area and its a great community, so I recommend it to the OP as well.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I understand that Hispanics help each other out, in my experiences they seem to favor their own kind since they understand each other better, which is true to every culture I guess. so I can see why the OP wants to live in a heavily Hispanic area. Not every "american" thinks its racism. We all live in this country we are all Americans, I don't see the need to segregate our selves.. but thats just my opinion. In my experiences the heavily Hispanic areas I've been to in the Orlando area (like Azalea park) did not look like good communities to raise kids. I'm not familiar with south orange county so I didn't recommend it, but so far people have been saying there are a lot of Hispanics in the hunters creek area and its a great community, so I recommend it to the OP as well.
South Orange County is over 40% hispanic and is a great place to raise a family of any race

Old 04-29-2010, 08:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
I thought ALL of Orlando was a big Hispanic community! Half of my coworkers and friends are Latino.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,006 times
I went to Avalon/Waterford Lakes into the residential area for my first time in probably ten years.... I've also seen Hunter's Creek for a job interview two weeks ago... Casselberry particularly 436 between Howell Branch and 17-92 still seems like the best area to me. While Avalon certainly has a lot of hispanics in fact the person whose house I was at is hispanic but the venues are all generic chains. Same thing by Hunter's Creek. In that area of Casselberry though there are lots of Hispanic venues, I can think of at least 5 small hispanic owned and operated restaurants in that area.

Having lived in Miami for 5 years Casselberry feels the most like Miami to me and the most hispanic. The other places are perhaps just too new so all they have at this point is fast food and chain stores.

Azalea Park would be the only other place that has such a feel in the Orlando area but its not nearly as safe or as good schools as Casselberry.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I went to Avalon/Waterford Lakes into the residential area for my first time in probably ten years.... I've also seen Hunter's Creek for a job interview two weeks ago... Casselberry particularly 436 between Howell Branch and 17-92 still seems like the best area to me. While Avalon certainly has a lot of hispanics in fact the person whose house I was at is hispanic but the venues are all generic chains. Same thing by Hunter's Creek. In that area of Casselberry though there are lots of Hispanic venues, I can think of at least 5 small hispanic owned and operated restaurants in that area.

Having lived in Miami for 5 years Casselberry feels the most like Miami to me and the most hispanic. The other places are perhaps just too new so all they have at this point is fast food and chain stores.

Azalea Park would be the only other place that has such a feel in the Orlando area but its not nearly as safe or as good schools as Casselberry.
What you say is not entirely true

In the Hunter's Creek area there are TONS of spanish venues along Orange Blossom Trail between South 417 and Taft-Vineland Road. Also that particular stretch of Orange Blossom Trail was recently redeveloped a few years ago, the area is much better then the part of OBT north of the FLA Mall

Just within steps of my house is the intersection of Orange Blossom Trail and Whisper Lakes Blvd, on the south side of the intersection there is a small plaza filled with spanish restaurants (not chains) Same goes for the north side of the intersection as well, there is a nightclub there called "Club CoCo"

The intersection of S Orange Blossom Tr and Waterbridge Blvd (1 stop light north of Whisper Lakes) that neighborhood is called "Sky Lake South" The homes in that particular development are older and more established then other parts of the 32837 zip code (Hunters Creek area)

To the OP, I would recommend pretty much anywhere in the 32837 zip code, the location is great. Airport is 15 mins away, attractions are 15 mins away, shopping is 5 min away (The Loop) Its close to 4 major highways (I-4, 417. FL Turnpike, and 528) 528, the Turnpike and 417 all pass through 32837 at some point, I-4 does not but it is within 4 miles driving

The only thing I do not like about my area's location is how far it is from downtown, pine hills, and the ucf area

Old 01-11-2012, 09:42 AM

15 posts, read 42,267 times
Hello everyone. even though this post is more than a year old, I would like to reopen it, if I am allowed.

I am Venezuelan, (I hate comunism by the way), and planning to move to the Orlando area. Having two young sons (10 and 12) who are just learning English and my wife who understand it better, I would like to know where are the good and not too expensive places for hispanics, especially with AMERICAN customs, not full latino customs. I lived in Texas 30 years ago, and I am well aware of the difference...

How about Conway? Oviedo? SOuth of Orlando?

Also, which are the best middle and high schools for latino newcomers learning english?

Thanks....

Old 01-11-2012, 12:13 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times
Conway, East Orlando, Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Hunter's Creek areas all have sizeable Latino communities with "AMERICAN" customs.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,403 times
Hello, I would like to know what areas are good & safe to live in around Orlando FL? I'm Puerto Rican & my husband is Dominican and we have twins girls who are 8 months old. We are looking for an area that is diverse but has alot of hispanics. We currently reside in Ft Lauderdale and are thinking about relocating as soon as we sell our home or rent it. We aren't familiar with that area so would like your suggestions. Thank you in advance for your replys, opinions and suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando