Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 AM

7 posts, read 22,795 times

Advertisements

My family will be moving to the Orlando area in July. Does anyone have any information about Boy Scouts organizations in the area? We are looking for homes in both Seminole County and the better neighborhoods of Orlando. I know that is a wide area...I am more looking for the names of the different councils and any Troops you would recommend or not recommend.

Thank You for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,699,072 times
Well, I do Girl Scouts, but there is a Scoutmaster at my church...he has 14 year olds , but if you tell me what age group you are looking for, I can ask him for some recommendations if you like Do you have an idea on a general area? Seminole county is very large....

Old 04-30-2010, 07:39 AM

7 posts, read 22,795 times
Thank You Parrotrosie, my son has reached the level of Life. He is 12 years old. This Friday we are having and Order of the Arrow ceremony and he is hoping to get tapped out so hopefully he will go down there with his Order of the Arrow. He really loves the Boy Scouts and we really want to continue when we go down there.

As to where we are going, that is really still up in the air. We have looked at homes in Oviedo, Avalon Park area, Waterford. Schools are really important and with a 3, 8, and 12 year old we have to make sure that everything from Elementary to High School are good schools. We are also considering Lake Mary, Winter Park, Baldwin Park to the North and Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Hunters Creek.

I know that the areas are pretty spread out to ask for specific Troops but if your friend can give you the names of any councils or info on the Troop he is with I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, could you be so kind to share information about the school there. The school websites aren't that informative. For example, we have year round school for elementary and middle school. Our high schools also are on the block schedule here where they only have 4 classes per semester each class being about 2 hrs long.

Thank You for your time. I really appreciate any info you can give me.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,689 times
Boy Scout Troop 672 is out of Oviedo Presbyterian church on lockwood blvd in Oviedo, we meet Tuesday nights at 7pm, we are a small troop so we can give individual attention and have lots of opportunity's for boys that need leadership positions in order to advance call 407-971-1796 for more info or email mullucan@msn.com

Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,615 times
My son is involved in the Cub Scouts. As I am involved from a parent on the committee. I know that we also have a Boy Scout Troop 424 at the same church. It is where my son will eventually grow to.

I do hope that your son was tapped! What an honor!!

Please contact the troop:Troop 424 Meets
Wednesday at 6:30 PM.
1603 E Winter Park Rd
Orlando, FL 32803

Contact Ken
troopsales@troop-424.org
Ph. W (407) 478-3685

It is in Winter Park / Orlando / Baldwin Park - Good luck in your searching!

Kathy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando