Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,529,842 times

Advertisements

Orlando doesn't really have bad tap water but we have one of those huge filters outside of the house. We had the same in Miami which has the Biscayne Aquifer underneath it and it acts like a porous sponge that cleans the water from the Everglades and Lake Okeechobee.
Seriously the best tap water I have ever tasted was from New York City! They get their water from the Catskills to the north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,281 times
This is my first trip to Orlando and the tap water here sucks. It smells and tastes bad to me, and my mother, who is visiting from Canada. Noticed in the first restaurant I went to. Then I noticed it while taking a shower at our condo. The entire bathroom smelled like a perfume/bleach/chlorine smell. Then I noticed the coffee we made tasted bad. We finally used bottled water tonight and at least the coffee is now drinkable. I'm glad to hear that filtering it, makes it taste/smell better.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:20 AM

33 posts, read 147,340 times
The water in Orlando tastes like dirt. Even if you boil it, it is horrible. Makes you wonder if you are drinking pure swamp water. I wouldn't chance it. Bottled water is the only way to go in Orlando!

Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,860,785 times
FL water in general is pretty bad.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:53 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,924,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdiffy View Post
The water in Orlando tastes like dirt. Even if you boil it, it is horrible. Makes you wonder if you are drinking pure swamp water. I wouldn't chance it. Bottled water is the only way to go in Orlando!
Ever hear of a filter??? Brita & Pur are some good examples of how you don't have to go broke to take the chlorinated and/or sulfuric taste/smell out of your tap water. By the way, Florida has some of the best natural spring water out there, and they even bottle it and sell it from the source, for example Zephyrhills.

Oh and nobody has fully answered the OP question yet, Orlando (and Daytona, Flagler Beach, Gainesville, Tampa, Jacksonville, Ocala, St. Petersburg, Tallahassee, some cities in South Florida, Savannah, Brunswick, and many more in between) get tap water directly from the FLORIDAN AQUIFER, which is one of the most productive aquifer systems in the entire world.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,058,606 times
Finally, the correct reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Ever hear of a filter??? Brita & Pur are some good examples of how you don't have to go broke to take the chlorinated and/or sulfuric taste/smell out of your tap water. By the way, Florida has some of the best natural spring water out there, and they even bottle it and sell it from the source, for example Zephyrhills.

Oh and nobody has fully answered the OP question yet, Orlando (and Daytona, Flagler Beach, Gainesville, Tampa, Jacksonville, Ocala, St. Petersburg, Tallahassee, some cities in South Florida, Savannah, Brunswick, and many more in between) get tap water directly from the FLORIDAN AQUIFER, which is one of the most productive aquifer systems in the entire world.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:41 AM

428 posts, read 1,079,298 times
I think the water is fine with no taste or odor like other areas in FL.

I would actually compare it to natural spring water that we drink in Harbor Springs, MI thus the name; which just comes up from the ground and drunk fresh.

AND BTW Harbor Springs has no water meters! Theres that much water.

They just charge a flat fee (cheap) for usage.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:50 AM

33 posts, read 147,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post

Of course I have heard of a filter, who hasn't...I don't believe that would help Orlando's water. And BTW! Zephryllis water is horrible. I buy Ozarka water, from the natural springs of the Ozark Mountans of ARKANSAS!...which by the way is where I am from, and you can drink water straight out of the tap, and there is not gritty taste or funky smell.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,186,223 times
What the hell? Do you people have like an INstant Water meter in your throats or some ****. It's water. I've never seen water judged to much. It's freakin water. My Gosh. In South Orange County the Water comes from the South Florida Water Management District and our water in South Orange County is FINE. It is drinkable without filtering. Lake County has some "Interesting" water as opposed to the actual city of Orlando and the rest of Orange County. I think they are in the St. Johns Water Management District.

I don't know many people who uses a filter in my neighborhood because the water is ok. SMH.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:01 PM

135 posts, read 389,078 times
A childhood buddy of mine works at a water treatment plant in Orlando and he took a bunch of us to see what the processing is from the toilet/wastewater and back into the water supply. Very interesting to see in action. Assuredly I now only drink tap if its at least filtered through my refrigerator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando