Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 8,278 times

Advertisements

I was looking at a house this evening in Toscana with my realtor and our car was towed. We were in the house no more than 45 minutes. I would be very leary of the place. It cost us $125 dollars and a lot of aggravation. The HOA is apparently looking to fill their budget holes wherever they can. Several residents said there cars had been towed too. They tow any car parked on any street in Toscana to make money. You also have to pay 1/2 of the previous owners unpaid HOA dues if you buy there. The HOA dues are $3400 per year so watch out.

Be careful if you are looking at houses there.

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...#ixzz0otwCutpK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 07:01 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,803,875 times
Was their signage stating that on street parking is not allowed and cars will be towed? If there is, well... If not then the HOA was in the wrong, they can't assume that people will know. (Although the listing agent should ahve made it clear in the listing.)

I agree with having to pay the unpaid HOA dues. It's part of the package, and if you don't like it, buy someplace else--although I think you'll find the same scenario in most HOA's these days.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:52 PM

200 posts, read 536,267 times
Sorry about your trouble. I agree with annerk. This story from Titusville might make you feel better - $400 for a towed car and 45 miles away! Though I still wonder if they were recently warned since it wasn't enforced for years. Company Forced To Return Illegally-Towed Cars - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Old 05-26-2010, 07:01 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,805,922 times
Who pays the past due HOA's is really part of the negotiations if they are actually not paying it. Personally I'd want the sellers to pay it and save my buyers the $. If it is a short sale or foreclosure My clients have had the banks cover it

Old 07-30-2010, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 8,606 times
I AGREE!!!! I remember you...we live across the street. You weren't even there for 45 minutes...more like 15 before the truck dropped his equipment under your car...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: