Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 PM

33 posts, read 170,370 times

Advertisements

Been poking around trying to find recent trreads on this area, but everything seems to be a few years old...

We are currently looking in the Dr. Phillips/Windermere/Clermont area and was thinking about adding Hunter's Creek into the mix...

Are there certain developments to stay away from?

Thanks Bunches!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
I've not heard of any bad developments in Hunter's Creek. I think it just depends on your preference for price, age and type there.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,908 times
Default Hunter's Creek

Hunter's Creek is a very nice area, good schools and close to major highways, golf course, shopping and more. The area is a very desirable area and I think you will like it alot. If I can be of further assistance to you in your home search don't hesitate to give me a call.

Moderator cut: no advertising

Last edited by Granny Sue; 05-26-2010 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: no advertising allowed

Old 05-26-2010, 01:28 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearz View Post
Been poking around trying to find recent trreads on this area, but everything seems to be a few years old...

We are currently looking in the Dr. Phillips/Windermere/Clermont area and was thinking about adding Hunter's Creek into the mix...

Are there certain developments to stay away from?

Thanks Bunches!!
I live in the Hunter's Creek area. Its a very desirable area and is in a great location. Most homes were built from the late 80s - mid 90s, the last development being completed in 2008, the Urbana Condos. The last development of single family homes being completed in 2006, The Vistas. The newer developments are generally west of John Young Parkway

The areas north of Hunter's Creek are not quite upper middle class but still very nice safe neighborhoods. Deerfield, Pepper Mill, Ginger Mill, and Whisper Lakes (where I live) are all north of 417 in the 32837 zip code. Pepper Mill and Ginger Mill being built in the early 80s. Whisper Lakes in the late 80s. Deerfield in the early-mid 90s

Homes vary widely in price, depending on the development, size and when the home was built. Usually the older homes are cheaper (the exception being the Fairways which is upper class, but one of the 1st developments)

The schools in the area are excellent, traffic isn't too bad, residents are friendly. The Loop shopping center is adjacent to HC at the intersection of John Young and Osceola Parkways. The airport is 15 minutes away on 417, same for Walt Disney World and the attractions. Downtown is about 20-30 minutes away depending on traffic

The residents of Hunter's Creek are extremely diverse as well. We represent almost every part of the globe

Overall it's a good place to live

Old 06-02-2010, 02:56 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
We looked over there, but did not care for it. We ended up in Baldwin Park for the location and schools.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
I'm not a fan of Hunters Creek, I don't like the flat landscape. I've never heard anything particularly bad about the area, but it doesn't appeal to me.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:00 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm not a fan of Hunters Creek, I don't like the flat landscape. I've never heard anything particularly bad about the area, but it doesn't appeal to me.
agreed --- it's kinda vanilla. nothing special.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:04 PM

43 posts, read 113,917 times
I'm also looking at Hunters Creek, can someone give me an opinion of Freedom High? We have been there on a visit, it was huge....but then so was Orlando LOL

Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeperto6 View Post
I'm also looking at Hunters Creek, can someone give me an opinion of Freedom High? We have been there on a visit, it was huge....but then so was Orlando LOL
I graduated from Freedom High School in 2008. It's one of Orange County's better performing high schools. The student body is also extremely diverse.

The students are a little too judgemental and cliquey though for my taste, then again I was always seen as "different"

Either way it is a great school with great staff and students, the campus is also relatively new, the school opened in 2003
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando