Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 06:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,937 times

Advertisements

I live here in Reno, NV and I hate it! Me and my girlfriend are going to move to Florida but are unsure how everything will pan out, I am 20 and she is 19 and we have plenty of money saved but are unsure if anyone will rent to us because we will have no jobs when we get down there also she will be going to college there and we needs to be able to find jobs in at least two months. Is it hard to find places that will rent to a 20 year old with no job or because I have money will we be fine? Any help would be great Thanks! Plus I know a lot of people are going to say Orlando is more expensive but I compared Orlando to Reno and it said orlando was much cheaper then Reno and I am sure its true Reno even tho in Nevada is very pricey for it just being pure crap out here.

Last edited by Yac; 11-16-2020 at 06:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM

250 posts, read 706,653 times
honestly, i never knew it was hard to find an apartment with no job. especially with all of the college students that get apartments and people that move to different cities with no job and are looking. i think as long as you have good credit and your deposit, first and last month rent on hand you shouldn't have much of a problem. also, your parents might be able to help if the credit thing is an issue.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:39 PM

385 posts, read 1,403,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leethellama View Post
I live here in Reno, NV and I hate it! Me and my girlfriend are going to move to Florida but are unsure how everything will pan out, I am 20 and she is 19 and we have plenty of money saved but are unsure if anyone will rent to us because we will have no jobs when we get down there also she will be going to college there and we needs to be able to find jobs in at least two months. Is it hard to find places that will rent to a 20 year old with no job or because I have money will we be fine? Any help would be great Thanks! Plus I know a lot of people are going to say Orlando is more expensive but I compared Orlando to Reno and it said orlando was much cheaper then Reno and I am sure its true Reno even tho in Nevada is very pricey for it just being pure crap out here.
There are a number of extended stay hotels that have rents comparable to apartments, if you have to you can stay in one of them until you had a job that you could put on an apartment application.

-Harry

Last edited by Yac; 11-16-2020 at 06:14 AM..

Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 PM

43 posts, read 113,996 times
My 21yo daughter just got an apartment for fall, she will be at UCF. She doesn't have a job yet. She has bought and paid off her own car, has a credit card she pays off every month, has $$ in the bank and gets a big chunk in scholarships every semester. I STILL had to sign with her on her apartment.

You could look on craigslist for rooms to share??

Old 06-04-2010, 04:30 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Orlando is not so expensive, but you want to rent in a good area to avoid crime etc...jobs are tight..especially with no good skills to offer...it's a large area...does not get hit by hurricanes very often...2004/5 I think was the last time...lots of thunderstorms..rain...good community colleges...UCF is very good too.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:03 PM

32 posts, read 77,022 times
I moved to Orlando when I was 21 and where I am renting they needed proof that I would be employed when I moved down and my expected income. (lucky for me I had a job transfer) there is also a credit check and backround check. I was living at home before I moved and had a very limited credit history but the fact that I had my job transfer made it eaiser. I can't say it would have worked as well if I didn't have a job lined up. As for your girlfriend she can find cheap student housing but if you are not attending college I don't know if you could live there with her.

Please know that it will be hard to find a job or a job that pays decent. I would start applying for jobs now and set a goal for how long you expect to make it happen it's important to be ready

idk how much is alot to you but I moved down with 9,500 had 3,500 left over after the move.

Just do your homework I am now 23 and i have seen alot of people not make it here because they just didn't do their homework

feel free to pm me and to ask me any questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: