Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmvazquez83 View Post
Celebration is just scary, haha. My husband and I drove through there and it is Stepford! I agree with everyone else's posts. There is also Bella Collina in Montverde. Mansions in the middle of a slower town, the homes are absolutely beautiful!
Bella Collina is a great area, one I've been able to get some incredible deals on for people. Incredible in a 10,000 foot home is relative though.

It isn't far from town actually since it is close to the turnpike entrance.

Homes will start close to $1,000,000 and go up.

I agree with the Stepford comment about Celebration..lol There are some nice homes in the over $2M...range but the rest of the place is pretty creeperish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 02:41 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Bella Collina is a great area, one I've been able to get some incredible deals on for people. Incredible in a 10,000 foot home is relative though.

It isn't far from town actually since it is close to the turnpike entrance.

Homes will start close to $1,000,000 and go up.

I agree with the Stepford comment about Celebration..lol There are some nice homes in the over $2M...range but the rest of the place is pretty creeperish.
The buildings that house the pro shop, restaurant, banquet facilities & locker rooms are beautiful. Other than that, Bella Collina is a ghost town.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:45 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
For the Orlando area as the OP originally stated the top areas in my opinion if one is buying a home would be the places with the best schools. One of the predetermining factors for maintaining value is strength of schools, safety/desirability and family friendly aspects (if of course that's a concern). That said I would ranks as follows:

1. Oviedo/Winter Springs
2. Lake Mary/Heathrow/west Sanford
3. Altamonte Springs/Longwood (west side)
4. Winter Park
5. Windermere

Old 11-06-2011, 07:59 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
[I'm writing this without first looking at other responses]

1. Isleworth - multi-million dollar McMansion neighborhoods on Buttler Chain of Lakes - Nuvo-rich.

2. Windermere - Nice, quaint, area with large expensive houses on Buttler Chain of lakes

3. Dr. Philips area and Bay Hill - $600,000 - multi million dollar houses.

4. Winter Park - Old blue-blood expensive neighborhoods with a mixture of McMansions. The lowest price for a "dumpy" house will be close to $700,000.

5. Heathrow / Alaqua - newer area with large gated communities, golf courses and homes rangingin price from about $500,000 - multi-millions of dollars.

6. Orlando - Delaney Park area and Thronton Park - mixture of big "vintage looking" houses on small lots - mature trees - old city look to it, smaller renovated houses as well. $600,000 - $2,000,000.
I would agree with this list, but correct the Winter park area homes range from 100's to 5 million or so. a new home will generally start in the 500k range.

Bay hill has dipped a little so you could find 300's up there.

Windermere 200's to 10 million and the one odd ball at 100million

Isleworth 1 million to 7M

As to my personal favs in Order:
1 Winter Park Close to Park Ave or Lake Virginia
2 Dr. Phillips
3 Parts of Windermere
4 Thorton/ Delaney Parks
5 Alaqua

As soon as I say that I find one elsewhere I love. lol

Old 11-06-2011, 08:09 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
As to my personal favs in Order:
1 Winter Park Close to Park Ave or Lake Virginia
2 Dr. Phillips
3 Parts of Windermere
4 Thorton/ Delaney Parks
5 Alaqua

As soon as I say that I find one elsewhere I love. lol
I second that exact list myself, with the exception of switching #1 and #2 Dr Phillips and Winter Park are the 2 best areas IMO. I prefer Dr Phillips myself for the reasons below

If you are new school and want to be close to everything that makes "new" orlando famous, Dr Phillips is your place (Theme parks, I-drive, airport, Millennia/outlets and other shopping etc.). If you like old, quaint historic Orlando, Winter Park is right next door and offers some beautiful homes and a great restaurant scene. Windermere is nice, but it's pretty much residential and a bit aways from I-4/528 access which is important to me.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:37 PM

492 posts, read 1,025,227 times
I live about 3 miles from downtown and Thornton Park, SE of downtown near Crystal Lake (not far from Lake Underhill, on the DT side)... I love it. As I said, 3 miles from Lake Eola and everything DT has to offer (which will increase in the near future), walking distance to Curry Ford (grocery stores, Walgreens, bakery, produce store, etc), Boone High district, quiet, well-maintained homes that are nice and big but do not cost 800K each like in Delaney. I feel safe walking around the neighborhood at night.

If you have the money, I'd totally recommend Thornton Park, Delaney, Eola Heights, Lake Davis areas. If you need more affordable, I'd go with College Park. The Colonialtown area and where I live are somewhere in between... but College Park has a great mainstreet area that rivals Thornton Park, IMO. Personally, though, I like to be near downtown.

If you move to East Orlando, you can likely find a nice, new house for a good price... and some of the newer schools out that way are great. However, if you want to be near downtown or crave activity or a city environment, stay W of 436. Going more East than that just makes everything inconvenient.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,858 times
What about the Camellia gardens area or Williamsburg? Just north of W Oak Ridge RD east of Ronald Reagan Turnpike.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:17 PM

25 posts, read 48,507 times
Reading old posts and found this very helpful..... Any updates in 2014? Would you add or change any of your rankings for Top 5 areas?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:25 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ510 View Post
Reading old posts and found this very helpful..... Any updates in 2014? Would you add or change any of your rankings for Top 5 areas?
Nope. In fact, I'd just leave it at top 3 in no particular order.... "Downtown" (for which I would include thornton park/Eola, SoDo etc.), Dr Phillips/Sand Lake Rd, and Winter Park/Park Ave.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:54 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,432,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
What would you guys say are the best 5 areas to live in the Orlando area.I'm in Miami right now but plan to move somewhere in the Orlando area sometime and just want to get an idea of what people think!!
It really depends on your age range/demographic, whether or not you have a family with kids, and what type of experience you are looking for (urban vs. suburbs). I have divided my answer into two parts depending on what type of exerience you are looking for:

URBAN LIVING:

- Thornton Park & Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando

- Park Avenue in Winter Park

- Baldwin Park

SUBURBIA:

- Oviedo / Winter Springs

- Altamonte Springs / Longwood

- Dr. Phillips / Windermere

- Lake Mary

- Celebration

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando