Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,315 times

Advertisements

I am looking for suggestions anyone might be willing to give me with this situation:

My 26 yr. old daughter is moving to Orlando in late July. She would like to live fairly near WDW and such attractions. She works part-time and receives some Social Security. So, I will be co-signing for her apartment.

She will probably be working at some local retail store, though I'm sure she'd love to work for Disney at some point.

We've been looking online and found many apartment complexes available. She seems to like several in what I would call the southwest corner of the city of Orlando (zip codes 32836 and 32837).

I guess we'll narrow it down to half a dozen places and then I'll meet her there and we'll take a look at them all before signing for one. She's coming from Tulsa (where she's lived on her own for 5 years) and I'm currently in Panama City Beach, FL. I'm assuming we can meet in Orlando, find a place, sign on and move her in within a few days. Am I fooling myself?

Yeah, I'm nervous. But, it's going to happen so I'm just looking for advice on how best to do this.

I'm open to any suggestion on where to go, how to do this and any other thoughtful advice.

Solotreker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 10:02 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,211,177 times
Uhhh.. Interesting. You can get her and meet sure, but you will need time. I recomment Lake Beuna Vista Area or Hunters Creek

Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 AM

5 posts, read 10,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solotreker View Post
i am looking for suggestions anyone might be willing to give me with this situation:

My 26 yr. Old daughter is moving to orlando in late july. She would like to live fairly near wdw and such attractions. She works part-time and receives some social security. So, i will be co-signing for her apartment.

She will probably be working at some local retail store, though i'm sure she'd love to work for disney at some point.

We've been looking online and found many apartment complexes available. She seems to like several in what i would call the southwest corner of the city of orlando (zip codes 32836 and 32837).

I guess we'll narrow it down to half a dozen places and then i'll meet her there and we'll take a look at them all before signing for one. She's coming from tulsa (where she's lived on her own for 5 years) and i'm currently in panama city beach, fl. I'm assuming we can meet in orlando, find a place, sign on and move her in within a few days. Am i fooling myself?

Yeah, i'm nervous. But, it's going to happen so i'm just looking for advice on how best to do this.

I'm open to any suggestion on where to go, how to do this and any other thoughtful advice.

Solotreker

do not move to orlando,

good luck, i would not move there, i hate the city of orlando, it is very difficult to get around, driving is such a chore. I would stay in tulsa. My advice try someplace like paisley, barbersville, cresent city, nice small towns, close to the beach and close to amenities. I now live in deland, i would recommend that but that is getting hard to get around also. I am moving to nova scotia for summer and spend winters in panama. do not move to orlando

Old 06-07-2010, 11:08 AM

42 posts, read 119,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyskylark View Post
do not move to orlando,

good luck, i would not move there, i hate the city of orlando, it is very difficult to get around, driving is such a chore. I would stay in tulsa. My advice try someplace like paisley, barbersville, cresent city, nice small towns, close to the beach and close to amenities. I now live in deland, i would recommend that but that is getting hard to get around also. I am moving to nova scotia for summer and spend winters in panama. do not move to orlando

Everybody has their own opinion. I for one love it here. Moved here since I retired from a big city up north. I will never go back, Good Luck.

The difficult to get around really has me confused, what's so hard about it. I live in Oviedo and get around just fine....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando