Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,451,689 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What do you do when life hurts?
Keep on trucking!

Bonus Question:

Are you more worried about doing things right or doing the right things?
A bit of both.

Extra Credit Question:
Would you rather have less work to do or more work that you actually enjoy doing?
Been so flooded with work recently that less to do for at least a while would be nice. And should be the case in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 07:20 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,737,312 times
Today's Question(s):
What do you do when life hurts?
Get my butt busy and do something constructive that's needed to be done for a while.....work till I get sweaty and ache all over, go jump in the shower, then climb in the hot tub for 1/2 and hour and relax those aching muscles!

Bonus Question:
Are you more worried about doing things right or doing the right things?
Both....I'm generally worried about doing the right things the right way.

Extra Credit Question:
Would you rather have less work to do or more work that you actually enjoy doing?
Another one of those questions! I'd rather have less work AND enjoy it more. You know though, in retrospect, I've been laid up pretty bad a few times and even though I sometimes don't appreciate having to do monotonous chores, I still find myself being very careful just how much I complain about it. After all, there have been times when I WISH I could go in and wash the dishes or easily do laundry.

Just for Fun:
The Prince of Whatsatania really did leave you $50 million. Who are the first 5 people you call to tell them about it?
Honestly, I don't think there are 5 people I would call about it. If I was left $50 million dollars, I'm sure plenty of people would find ME. I'd only have to tell one person.....the word would get around.

Today in History:
1886 A fire devastates much of Vancouver British Columbia.
1893 Grover Cleveland undergoes secret, successful surgery to remove a large, cancerous portion of his jaw; operation not revealed to US public until 1917, nine years after his death.
1955 Mir Mine, the first diamond mine in the USSR, is discovered.
1997 A jury sentences Timothe McVeigh to death for his part in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

We said hello to:
1892 Basil Rathbone, English actor (d. 1967)
1926 Paul Lynde, American actor (d. 1982
1951 Richard Thomas, American actor
1953 Tim Allen, American comedian and actor
1970 Chris Cairns, New Zealand cricketer
1986 Ashley Olsen, American actress
1986 Mary Kate Olsen, American actress

We said goodbye to:
1972 – Clyde McPhatter, American musician (b. 1932)
1986 – Benny Goodman, American musician (b. 1909)
1987 – Geraldine Page, American actress (b. 1924)
1989 – Fran Allison, American, early television personality (Kukla, Fran and Ollie) (b. 1907)

Word of the day

Bozone (n.)
The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from
penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of
breaking down in the near future. I LOVE this! Thanks studedude. By the way, I'm so sorry to hear about Mrs. D!

Today is:
Double entendre day “wink wink”
The first day of National Flag Week
Kitchen Klutzes of America Day
National Lobster Day

Sunday, so don't send your kids to Sunday School, TAKE THEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics