Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 04:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,856,445 times

Advertisements

Fathers Day is coming and I couldn’t help but rethink some of the special moments that my Dad and I had together. Seems the are too many to talk about and that’s a good thing, yet there is a little sorrow that I didn’t spend as much time when he was alive as I could have. Some of the “other” special things that we could have done together would give me even more “special” times to think back on.

I can say that I miss him and understand that he was about the best thing in my life helping to direct me in ways that I never gave thought about at the time. He provided me a lot of knowledge without even knowing it at the time. Today I find myself emulating so any things I do with what “he” would do in the same situations.

I guess I did okay Dad,,, thanks for being there when I needed you! You are missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 06:40 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,603,880 times
How sweet! Sounds like your Dad was wonderful.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:16 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,123,030 times
I mailed my Dad a card today since it will be a couple of weeks after Father's Day before I will see him. I was lucky too AksarbeN to have a really really wonderful Dad.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 PM

So who is going to spend time with their Dad this weekend and who will be thinking of some of those memories?

Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 PM

44,614 posts, read 61,536,629 times
Well you were lucky Ak and your tribute to your dad is superbly commendable. My father died when I was very young so I grew up without a dad to emulate or enjoy.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:44 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,895,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Fathers Day is coming and I couldn’t help but rethink some of the special moments that my Dad and I had together. Seems the are too many to talk about and that’s a good thing, yet there is a little sorrow that I didn’t spend as much time when he was alive as I could have. Some of the “other” special things that we could have done together would give me even more “special” times to think back on.

I can say that I miss him and understand that he was about the best thing in my life helping to direct me in ways that I never gave thought about at the time. He provided me a lot of knowledge without even knowing it at the time. Today I find myself emulating so any things I do with what “he” would do in the same situations.

I guess I did okay Dad,,, thanks for being there when I needed you! You are missed.

thats nice.....
sorry he's not still around for you...
my dad passed away when i was 13...(1985)...
my father...(the sperm donor)... is still out there...

crazy thing i found him via ancestry.com.....
seems like he wanted to be found......
he is in his 60's now.....
somewhere in NC.............
i should probably post this on ppl search.....

Old 06-19-2010, 10:17 AM

Mrs. Aks is taking me out to breakfast today (for father’s day) instead of tomorrow. She wants to try a very special new location that she thinks is a surprise for me. However little does she know that I’ve already been there for lunch years ago and know all about it. It’s pretty cool place, but I’ll try to be surprised ,,,, I’ve never been there for lunch so that’s a surprise.

Anyone else doing anything special for fathers day

Old 06-19-2010, 02:23 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,836,318 times
My wonderful Dad will be in our hearts tomorrow.

We're in NJ with our kids and grands and having a big get together-been cooking most of the day and will finish up tomorrow. We'll celebrate my DH, SIL and DS who will be a Dad in January!

Happy Father's Day to all you special Dad's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics