Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

1. Why does your gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed?

2. If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth?

3. Why is it called Alcoholics Anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say, 'My name is Bob and I am an alcoholic'?

4. Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside?

5. Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

6. Why does mineral water that 'has trickled through mountains for centuries' have a 'use by' date?

7. Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp no one would eat?

8. Is French kissing in France just called kissing?

9. What do people in China call their good plates?

10. If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

11. Can blind people see in their dreams? Do they dream??

12. If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

13. If a man is talking in the forest, and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?

14. Why is it that when someone tells you that there are over a billion stars in the universe, you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure?

15. Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 06:05 AM

402 posts, read 2,211,247 times
Hmmm....

and the next question is,

why is "john" going to a gynecologist?!?!

Old 06-27-2007, 06:57 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,689,159 times
If I own my land outright, why do I pay extortion money to the government just to be allowed to keep it?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 AM

104 posts, read 832,963 times
on number 13... of course he is wrong, he is a man after all!! Just joking! LOL

Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 PM

143 posts, read 577,584 times
Default Funnnnnnnnnnnnnny

John1960 you brought a smile to my face after such a rotten day

Thanks

Old 06-27-2007, 01:02 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
1. Why does your gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed? Why are YOU going to a gynecologist.

2. If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth? That would be pretty cool!

3. Why is it called Alcoholics Anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say, 'My name is Bob and I am an alcoholic'?

4. Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside? An unexplained cosmic phenomenon!

5. Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer? Hey, I have a light in the freezer!

6. Why does mineral water that 'has trickled through mountains for centuries' have a 'use by' date?

7. Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp no one would eat? To waste money.

10. If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat? That would be no fun, would it???

12. If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from? BABY CORN!

13. If a man is talking in the forest, and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?

14. Why is it that when someone tells you that there are over a billion stars in the universe, you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure?

15. Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?
Great post!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:15 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
7. Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp no one would eat?
Ah. That setting would be "light".

Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Or in a restaurant when they tell you the plate is really hot-WHY do people have to touch it?
But seriously, that question about blind people dreaming is really a good one.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:00 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times
Okay, I don't know if you mean for this to be answered literally but here's my shot at it:

Quote:
Legality reasons would be my guess

Quote:
2. If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth?
Actually, it depends. According to my husband's family experience with land ownership, you can sell/purchase both the land itself and mineral rights.

Quote:
Hmm, how old is your fridge? My fridge as a light!

I enjoyed the rest of your questions! Great post!

Old 06-27-2007, 06:43 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,379,603 times
Quote:

4. Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside?

10. If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

12. If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

WOW! As some as you know, I am blonde so I am going to need a few years to think about these!

I'll get back to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics